Spitfire!

flare2000x

Mod please rename this thread to "Spitfire! Jug! Screenshots! (And DCS WWII Breaking news)"

zweMeqC.jpg

Wags did not disappoint us with the September update. If you didn't see this, it was in the September email newsletter. Make sure you're subscribed to receive the emails! There was also a P-47 shot, didn't look as far along as the Spitfire though.

Ehq65aI.jpg

BTW the Spitfire is a LF Mk. IXC, the same one as MH434.

EDIT: After looking up the Spitfire MH434, it does not have a gyro sight, (boo hoo) but instead has the regular British reflector type sight.

EDIT 2: News about DCS: WWII

In addition to the release of DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora, the team is also plugging away on the next aircraft for the series: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst. This is being done internally by Eagle Dynamics to the same exacting standards of the Dora. The pre-purchase with 20% discount is now available and we plan to make the Open Beta available in the October – November time frame.Other warbirds in work for this project include both the P-47D and Spitfire. These will be welcome additions to the growing stable of Second World War aircraft as we flesh out this era of air combat.

The other major element of DCS World War II: Europe 1944 is of course the new Normandy map. The team is currently working on a new combat theater map to support DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, but once complete, will be returning to this map. At that time, we should be able to start sharing images of the new era map, complete with period ground units.

Edited by flare2000x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

What did this model spitfire have for armament? 2 20mm and 2 or 4 MG?

2x 20mm Hispano Cannons and 4x 7.7mm Browning MGs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Wow!!!!

That Spit looks awesome!!!

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Good video. Didn't like the shooting of horses very much ... I'll make sure the wife never sees that one. I think they had one pilot that said he could hear the German shooting at him with his cannons(11:25). I guess if the sound is louder than your engine it should be audible (20mm or 30mm) but most of them always said they couldn't hear anything. Does our tail wheels operate like the one at 7:50 in any of the current planes?

I see the Jug is 1944 era P-47D-40 late war jug with the dorsal fin extension for added stability and rocket pylons which is good! the dive recovery flaps will also come in handy!

As for the Spitfire.... MH434 is an 1943 variant of the Spitfire Mk.IXc :(

Whats going to be the engine rating? will it be allowed to +25Lbs Boost pressure I hope?

I really hope it will be modeled with the Rolls-Royce Merlin 66 running on 150 Octane fuel, +25 lbs/in^2 boost for it have any chance of being competitive with the Fw190D9 and Me109K...

Thanks for the update!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Gunther Rall had a mirror on his 109 in the BOB, he said that because of the vibration if you did manage to see anything in it, it was time to bail out! Several British pilots came to the same conclusion, "Bl**dy useless!", was the general view. By 1944, don't know if they'd have bothered, but s'pose you could have fitted your own.

If competitiveness is your things there is a Spit XIV in the making also- within the same time/release window (this winter).

I for one am EXTATIC that they are making the IXc. The most widely used and maybe the most beautiful mark in my opinion. A true work horse, but still sexier than anything else in the skies.

It just kills me that the Normandy map is bumped to after the "F/A 18 map", which I find very sad indeed- as I expect I will several years older when this comes out.

But hey- I am not complaining. Todays newsletter surely had something for everyone:)

MH434 LFIX M66, to 222S 13-8-43, shot down a Fw190 9-43, 84GSU 15-6-44 ROS 7-7-44

Survived the war and was used as a photo a/c in BoB film.

GSU Group Support Unit

ROS Repair On Site Parties (Came under the control of MU's)

EDIT: After looking up the Spitfire MH434, it does not have a gyro sight
Wasn't with a combat unit.

MH434 LFIX M66, to 222S 13-8-43, shot down a Fw190 9-43, 84GSU 15-6-44 ROS 7-7-44

Survived the war and was used as a photo a/c in BoB film.

GSU Group Support Unit

ROS Repair On Site Parties (Came under the control of MU's)

Wasn't with a combat unit.

I wonder if ED will model the gyro sight then. Hmmmmm. I guess we'll have to wait for some cockpit screenshots to tell then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome, a Spitfire with proper round wings :)

....agree........love the spit with round tip wings......:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

MH434 is the Spitfire flown by the Old Flying Machine Company, who fly a Spitfire and Mustang in very tight formation aerobatics. One of the best warbird displays out there in my opinion. OFMC was founded by the famous Ray Hanna.

What's exciting about these warbird modules (ED and VEAO) is that most of them are planes that people in the UK can actually go and see flying.

• 2 weeks later...

........beautiful thing to see and hear 16 spitfires flying together.......great video....:thumbup:...........now.....bring on the DCS spitfire:joystick:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals