Menu Interface

-sulan-

Hi! I was wondering about the UI, will it be similar to Lockon? I'm hoping there will be some changes to make it less confusing (I had my first LAN game with a friend the other day, and we actually had to pick up the manual to get it to work :p ).

I'm mainly thinking about the way the mission editor, campaign play and network play parts integrate. Allthough the mission editor itself is easy to use for example, I find it alittle confusing how these things come together on the same screen (been playing LO:FC for 4 months). But maybe that's just me (being used to Il2)...

I realise that there won't be any changes to the DCS UI at this late a stage but anyway, will/should it be the same in DCS as it is in Lockon? Or will/should these things (ME,Lan-play,campaign,mission-play) be more seperated?

What do you think/know?

This is what the UI will look like in black shark

Um yeah.. :) I've seen that screen, it looks very nice.. What I'm talking about is what's underneath the open mission, mission editor, network play and campaign buttons..

Hm, I should probably look through the Q and A again then.. ;)

not bad, have seen worse. I wonder is all the plains,chopers and groun units in the back ground will be playable at some time. :music_whistling: I would like to see the interface for the ME.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

This is what the UI will look like in black shark

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/images/all_037a_004.jpg

. . . uh . . . .

;)

I believe there's a Mission Editor interface screenie floating around somewhere. That's been tweaked a bit since the last show, too.

. . . uh . . . .

;)

:)

ED is putting together a completely new interface for DCS:BS. To get a feel for the artwork, check out the New Year's wallpapers. Those shots are used in two of the new menu backgrounds. What was shown at E3 is no longer used (except the ME).

The interface functionality is similar to LO's, but with a number of both big and small changes, including the network connections page. Many of the menu screens are still being worked on, so we're not at a point where we can discuss them in detail or show screenshots. Soon...

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Check this post from SuperKungFu's E for All Expo report. There is an image of the mission editor.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=412651&postcount=72

Sorry to step on your toes SKF, but how can you forget about your own photo? :P