#03 - DEV UPDATE & GAMEPLAY VIDEO 28/05

Cobra847

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just enough to pop a B-52 and then glide back home, Me-163 2.0.

A pretty good way of putting it!

with A/B she drinks like a madman (and at all other engine regimes as well). God help you if you forget you have the AB on for a bit longer than you intended.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Amazing AB effect. Any chance for the other aircraft to get something 'similar'? :D

We'd like to try to drop it in and replace the default AB model, but haven't had time to try it yet. If it works out we can include it as an optional mod/option perhaps.

Right now this new AB is limited to the player controlled aircraft only. AI MiG-21 is using the default artwork.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

So what is left?

-- Bugfixing and Polishing

-- Normal and Specular maps for various external parts

-- Minor additions to the manual

-- Completion of Manual localization (2 languages close to complete!)

-- Copy editing of Missions and Eng Manual

-- Creation of various UI, Manual and Quickstart Guide images

-- Replacement of legacy Weapon Art (in advanced progress)

-- Multiplayer Compatability Testing

-- More Bugfixing

-- More Polishing

-- DVD Artwork, physical goodies, more

Great. Looking forward to the winter release. :D This year hopefully. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

We'd like to try to drop it in and replace the default AB model, but haven't had time to try it yet. If it works out we can include it as an optional mod/option perhaps.

Right now this new AB is limited to the player controlled aircraft only. AI MiG-21 is using the default artwork.

This sounds brilliant. I'd love to see all the afterburners in DCS looking as gorgeous as this - even the AI ones!

The stock effect is beyond awful.

This, and the fact they are terrible at estimating. ;)

Most project managers under-estimate - particularly with the first major projects they handle. Task times are under-estimated, not enough buffer for contingency, etc. Then the unknown unknowns always crop up as well and before you know it you're months past when it was supposed to be done despite all your best intentions and no lack of effort. Been on more than one of those projects myself. It might seem a relatively simple task to estimate but really it's not unless you build in a lot of contingency though this never seems to go over well with the customer and senior management :music_whistling:

Most project managers under-estimate...

I'm aware how it happens, have even been there as well. It is still a valid point relative to the discussion.

Besides, the aircraft looks so good, I have to give them a hard time about something. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well now, as an original backer of this project, I'm just going to have to find the money to buy another copy.

That money will be rightfully yours.

Thanks again for honouring the previous pledges, and I hope the sales go well - I'm looking forward to all of your future projects.

Yeah, I'm planning to do the same. Even though I backed it already I will buy it again for sure. Looks like it's going to be well worth the money and hopefully LN is going to make more modules in the future!

About the update: Looks amazing! Can't wait for the release. I'm going to have to take a vacation when it comes out :pilotfly::)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Not flying actively ATM but this is a day one buy for me regardless, because what you guys have created here seems to be the best sim aircraft of all time. Color me awestruck :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Was that a full A/B takeoff ? thx:)

It didn't look as though the secondary reheat was used on this takeoff although the manual does allow it. You should be able to see when the second reheat is turned on my the 3 metre blowtorch hot flame violently shooting out of the rear end.

Using the first stage afterburner is standard procedure for a MiG-21 takeoff with a moderate load.

Ready when you are! Thanks for the Vid. A most iconic aircraft and I'm so hyped to get hands on... an incredible work of art!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Amazing AB effect. Any chance for the other aircraft to get something 'similar'? :D

Yes, please. :)

The ext engine sounds a bit generic though. Did you use samples of the real engine?

On the other hand the DCS sound engine has this 'feature' currently.

Compared to the recent teaser of the F-86F, the MiG-21 flyby does sound a little generic.

Dat afterburner though...

The secondary, or emergent reheat, or the so called "ChR" regime is switchable by the throttle, but lit on automatically, when all parameters are available. Speed, altitude, inlet pressure ratio...etc.

It is depending on the given atmospheric condition too. And automatically switch off at Mach 1 or above, at 4000 meter (pressure altitude) or above, and after 3 minutes.