F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

I haven't been posting in this thread for a while, but I've been keeping an eye on this thread the whole time. I'm so psyched that we're so close! Thank you hegykc! (My birthday is two weeks away. Guess you'll be getting your printer when it's my birthday)

Edited by GodsPrototype

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good news! Waiting to see your work.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

Any more news? Youre going to have work now that there is a Sabre and a Dora, plus you can count on Hawk and a Mig 21 ver very soon.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

That was always the plan, to have the machine ready for the new modules. That's hwy I ordered it 3 months in advance. But the production that was supposed to be 15-30 days, turned out to be 70 days, and now the package got lost and returned to the manufacturer and that added another week or two to the wait.

And those are just the problems before actual production, I expect many more. But that will always be the case with prototype production. If it were easy, anyone could do it.

That was always the plan, to have the machine ready for the new modules. That's hwy I ordered it 3 months in advance. But the production that was supposed to be 15-30 days, turned out to be 70 days, and now the package got lost and returned to the manufacturer and that added another week or two to the wait.

And those are just the problems before actual production, I expect many more. But that will always be the case with prototype production. If it were easy, anyone could do it.

"Here Here"!

Looking forward to purchase your product

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

Any chance you'll offer a left handed version of the stock warthog grip? I would love to be able to use two warthogs at once, especially with Star Citizen solidly on the horizon. Also, I think I recall seeing a picture of the weapons officer seat in the F18E having a left, right and center stick?

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here it goes:

3d printer has arrived about a week ago, I am currently assembling it, and should be posting pictures of prototypes this month.

There are people working on electronics & firmware for the bases. Although grips will be warthog compatible by themselves, I do plan to develop my own bases for both grips and throttles.

Next in line is a desktop cnc, casting equipment and a laser cutter for instruments. Warthog grips I can do with just the printer, so I can get the ball rolling while I work on getting the rest of the equipment.

First ones will most likely be Fw-190 controls, grip, throttle and rudder pedals. I have plenty of reference photos, blueprints and a casting of a real grip coming soon, so it makes sense. Printed prototypes first, then I would like to cast them in metal, since the originals are that way.

Then, I gottta say that Mig-21 is absolutely stunning, and it would be a shame not to have replica controls for it.

Ok here it goes:

3d printer has arrived about a week ago, I am currently assembling it, and should be posting pictures of prototypes this month.

There are people working on electronics & firmware for the bases. Although grips will be warthog compatible by themselves, I do plan to develop my own bases for both grips and throttles.

Next in line is a desktop cnc, casting equipment and a laser cutter for instruments. Warthog grips I can do with just the printer, so I can get the ball rolling while I work on getting the rest of the equipment.

First ones will most likely be Fw-190 controls, grip, throttle and rudder pedals. I have plenty of reference photos, blueprints and a casting of a real grip coming soon, so it makes sense. Printed prototypes first, then I would like to cast them in metal, since the originals are that way.

Then, I gottta say that Mig-21 is absolutely stunning, and it would be a shame not to have replica controls for it.

You just made my day! Thank you so much for the update. Very excited and good to hear you have the printer. Good luck and thank you :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good news, base something similar to Bauer bases would be nice - and realistic, since "hydraulic FFB" is a distant dream :)

First ones will most likely be Fw-190 controls, grip, throttle and rudder pedals.

With the actual Fw 190 "moment" in DCS and il-2BoS, this make all sense. :)

Sokol1

if this pulls through,

I may spring for a Warthog + F-18 Handgrip instead of trying to convert a Suncom Eagle/SFS Throttle to USB

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I wouldnt be surprised if Thrustmaster comes out with an F-18 stick right around the time F-18C is released.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hegykc, any update? Very intrested in this:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Some posts got lost?? Ok, so I started working on the throttles. First of all, I would never release this, as I first thought it would be impossible to do the throttles as warthog compatible. But after quite a lot of thinking through, disassembling and figuring out the connections, it looks like throttles are going to be warthog compatible too without any modifications to the warthog base.

Just a matter of unscrewing and unplugging the A10 ones, and screwing in, and plugging the F-18 ones in. Again, I would never go through the trouble of modeling them if I didn't think it was doable. It took quite a bit of effort of making them warthog compatible, I could of just went with my own design, and it would of been much easier. But as it seems, it will be just a minor workaround, no irreversible modifications at all.

2_zps64420aa0.jpg~original

1_zps4aa9f6e5.jpg~original

Edited by hegykc

That is AWESOME. I am def in for a throttle and stick once these are ready!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Awesome man. Mypost got lost, but you answered my question. All I need to know now is how much and when ;)

As for you question you had on here earlier, not sure if you saw it but I would recommend heading over to the Seven-G forums and registering. They have a ask a CF-18 pilot section on there who may be able to answer.

Edit:

I forgot about one of my questions. Would it be possible to make it so the throttles move over the afterburner detent instead of having to lift or slam? Just like a small bump to know you are there or something.

Edited by Scoggs

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!