Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

Beta 4 just simply would not work for me, and cannot figure out why. Tried to create a new lua file from scratch, then tried reinstalling with the newest DX file (whatever that little box is that can be checked upon installation). No joy. So had to just go back to Beta 3 and it worked just fine straight away.

So something in Beta 4 was changed and I am very concerned now -- has anybody else been unable to export MFD in the new Beta 4?

Ripcord

All I had to do was copy/paste the same LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD.lua from Beta 3 that I saved before and specify resolution manually in game Options (not by changing Options.lua) and it works fine for me.

No longer active in DCS...

Beta 4 just simply would not work for me, and cannot figure out why. Tried to create a new lua file from scratch, then tried reinstalling with the newest DX file (whatever that little box is that can be checked upon installation). No joy. So had to just go back to Beta 3 and it worked just fine straight away.

So something in Beta 4 was changed and I am very concerned now -- has anybody else been unable to export MFD in the new Beta 4?

Ripcord

Ripcord....I had that problem. Not sure if its your problem but I had my 32 bit version separate from my 64 bit and B4 only updated my 32 bit. So I did an uninstall and a full install of the 64 bit and it fixed the problem.

Ripcord....I had that problem. Not sure if its your problem but I had my 32 bit version separate from my 64 bit and B4 only updated my 32 bit. So I did an uninstall and a full install of the 64 bit and it fixed the problem.

Ok this is probably relevant to my situation as well -- can you tell me more how you did this? Did I understand correctly that you had two different installations of the sim?

Did you click the 'setup 32bit files' option when you ran the Beta4 installation setup.exe? I know that I did not. I run win7 64bit OS, so I assumed I was installing the 64bit beta.

Appreciating any insights on this. Maybe I need to go research some other threads relating to this topic.

Ripcord

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Tried installing the Beta 4 patch -- didn't help. Tried installing the full Beta 4 installation file and checked the 'setup 32bit files' box, and that did not help either. So I will go back to Beta 3 while I wait for Beta 5 and just pray for the best. Hopefully I am not alone here and ED will sort it out.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Weird Ripcord, it worked perfectly for me. When I installed the Beta 4 patch, it didn't touch my custom monitor file and it just worked straight away (after changing res and monitor in Options).

I had to reinstall Beta 4 from scratch (full install) and then copied over my monitor profile, again worked perfectly.

Of course it only works in Windowed mode but I assume you long since knew that ;-)

I'm running Win 7 64 Bit as using the 64 bit beta with TrackIR 64 bit.

Cheers

Tim

P.S. Don't fret too much, I'm in the same boat with Helios. I'm still getting a 10 to 15 fps hit when running Helios but everyone else solved this with Beta 6.... so I'm the odd man out there lol.

System: Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 MB, Intel i& 8700K, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 16GB, PNY NVidia 1070 GTX, Corsair MP500 & MP600 SSD, Soundblaster Audigy Rx, CM Mastercase H500P, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthogs.

Ok this is probably relevant to my situation as well -- can you tell me more how you did this? Did I understand correctly that you had two different installations of the sim?

Did you click the 'setup 32bit files' option when you ran the Beta4 installation setup.exe? I know that I did not. I run win7 64bit OS, so I assumed I was installing the 64bit beta.

Appreciating any insights on this. Maybe I need to go research some other threads relating to this topic.

Ripcord

When I installed B1.. I only installed the 64 bit not the 32 and found TIR did not work with it. So I reinstalled checking the 32 bit files installation. I installed in a different location on the hard drive. All the subsequent betas only updated the 32 bit. I am not sure if you have both versions in the same location that updating would be a problem. Did you try a full install of just the 64 bit?...no 32 bit files?

Hi, i have 2 8" lcd monitors (dont know the brand) that are similar if not the same as kuky's. The problem is that in order to use the thrustmaster mfd i have to resize the image a lot to make it fit inside the vieable area of the mfd bezel. I have an ati 5870 but using the control panel + the osb options on the monitors itself i can only resize the image maybe 1/2 inch on both sides wich is not nearly enough. Ive tried decreasing the monitors res but still the same. How can i fix this?

Thanks.

Asus P7P55D Pro

Intel i7 @ 4.0 GHZ

8gb xms ddr3 memory

500gb SATA HD

ATI 5870

27" Dell LCD Monitor

Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

HOTAS WartHog

Thrustmaster MFD's

8" lcd monitors x2 (mfd)

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

TrackIR5

amagad, really you can set any size for the MFD image you want, you just have to change the coordinates in multimonitor lua file you're using.

First align top left coordinate to fit the corner (start either from aligning top or left side) then strech the image to fit bottom right corner.

No longer active in DCS...

Hi, i have 2 8" lcd monitors (dont know the brand) that are similar if not the same as kuky's. The problem is that in order to use the thrustmaster mfd i have to resize the image a lot to make it fit inside the vieable area of the mfd bezel. I have an ati 5870 but using the control panel + the osb options on the monitors itself i can only resize the image maybe 1/2 inch on both sides wich is not nearly enough. Ive tried decreasing the monitors res but still the same. How can i fix this?

Thanks.

For the best effect, run the monitors at their native resolution, whatever it happens to be. Then in the .lua file, experiment with the resolution of the MFD outputs until you get it to be the right size to fit in the bezels.

For the best effect, run the monitors at their native resolution, whatever it happens to be. Then in the .lua file, experiment with the resolution of the MFD outputs until you get it to be the right size to fit in the bezels.

you might want to try the over/underscan option in the catalyst control center.

go to desktop & displays and on the bottom you should see all your displays.

click on the top right black triangle and choose configure which will take you to a screen offering a lot of option including custom profiles for displays.

hope that this might help.

wbr,

NotiA10

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

thanks for the replies guys.

Asus P7P55D Pro

Intel i7 @ 4.0 GHZ

8gb xms ddr3 memory

500gb SATA HD

ATI 5870

27" Dell LCD Monitor

Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

HOTAS WartHog

Thrustmaster MFD's

8" lcd monitors x2 (mfd)

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

TrackIR5

2 monitor setup question

Hey, with the help on this thread i have been able to install a 2 monitor setup - thanks to all participants.

There is only one catch: my secondary monitor is to the left of the main screen. I have configured my display driver in windows to work with it this way, but DCS Warthog wont start up on the left screen.

The setup is as follows:

Left screen:

1280x1024, secondary monitor (no taskbar ;) )

Center screen:

1680x1050, main monitor (taskbar)

I'm using Windows 7.

I have been successful when configuring the screen from the left side to the right (without actually moving it) and using this configuration:

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1680;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1680;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 2320;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

What i would like to do though is to configure something like this:

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1680;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = -1280;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = -640;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

Or get DCS to actually start counting x on the secondary monitor to the left and not on the main, center screen. Can someone help, please?

Hey, with the help on this thread i have been able to install a 2 monitor setup - thanks to all participants.

There is only one catch: my secondary monitor is to the left of the main screen. I have configured my display driver in windows to work with it this way, but DCS Warthog wont start up on the left screen.

The setup is as follows:

Left screen:

1280x1024, secondary monitor (no taskbar ;) )

Center screen:

1680x1050, main monitor (taskbar)

I'm using Windows 7.

I have been successful when configuring the screen from the left side to the right (without actually moving it) and using this configuration:

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1680;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1680;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 2320;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

What i would like to do though is to configure something like this:

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1680;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = -1280;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = -640;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

Or get DCS to actually start counting x on the secondary monitor to the left and not on the main, center screen. Can someone help, please?

You can not use negative numbers in the DCS .lua files

Total res should be 2930x1050 in the options page in game

Try using 1280 as the x coordinate for center camera in the monitor lua.

Your left monitor upper left corner will be the 0,0 coordinates the right monitor upper left coordinates are 1280,0. Set your mfd's starting from the 0,0 coordinates

This below:

Center =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Thank you for the suggestions, i have set my Resolution to 2960x1050 (why do you suggest to use 2930x1050?), the problem is, DCS keeps starting to count the x value on the primary display (the one with the taskbar, where dcs spawns the menu screen). Is there a way to tell the program to start counting at the secondary display, or to make the program spawn there, without changing the primary display in windows?

Thank you for the suggestions, i have set my Resolution to 2960x1050 (why do you suggest to use 2930x1050?), the problem is, DCS keeps starting to count the x value on the primary display (the one with the taskbar, where dcs spawns the menu screen). Is there a way to tell the program to start counting at the secondary display, or to make the program spawn there, without changing the primary display in windows?

Oops....i said 2930 because I can't add....yes 2960 is the correct number.

I was told in the past negative numbers don't work....has that changed? If negative numbers are allowed your profiles should work......I'm stumped here now.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

No, they don't work for me, i have seen hassata's original post, that's why i've tried them. Anyway the game persists in using the primary monitor as base for the x, y coordinates, as soon as i set the left monitor to primary, the menu shows up there, and the following code works as a charm:

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 1280;
         y = 0;
         width = 1680;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 0;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 640;
    y = 192;
    width = 640;
    height = 640;
}

However i'd like to keep the center monitor as primary, is there no way to do this? :helpsmilie:

I keep on trying to edit this guide to remove typos and spelling errors and it keeps on giving me an error, saying the page is not available.

Just gonna have to live with them for now. :(

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

First thanks for the time and effort you have put in to this :thumbup:

second why cant i get it to work properly had no problems setting up 2 screens in BS

I have 2 monitors main 22" 1680x1050 2nd to the left 19" 1440x900

changed the monitor in game options to "mine" and res to 3120x1050

my lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('mine');

Description = 'One monitor configuration'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 450;

height = 450;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2130;

y = 0;

width = 450;

height = 450;

}

when the game starts to load i have the A10 splash screen over two monitors (so looks just like my black shark loading ) then as the game starts with the press pause/break to start tab the A10 cockpit is spred across both screen, but no mfd's then when i start the flight all i get is water with the smoke for the target showing (dont know how to add image )

so what have i cocked up please

Stu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]