Project: A10C SimPit

JCook

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I am in research mode because my current apartment doesn't fit my envisioned simpit (maybe I have that reversed) anyway I have read here one person used 2000mcd leds for their backlights. They look quite good but they do place them 4cm from the panel. Either way at least it is a reference point for intensity.

• 10 months later...

Selling MY ACES II Parachute Risers

For those building an ACESII ejection seat - I am selling my Parachute Risers. Price $70 + Shipping and PayPal Fee. PM me if interested.

Shipping to U.S. Location only since it is unclear if there are export restricitons on this item.

Awesome, looks great, building one myself and it's a challenge to say the least..

Intel Core i7 3770 Quad Core Hyperthreading Processor 3.4GHZ

-Asus GTX 760 Graphics Card

-Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3 RAM

-HDMI Out

-USB 3.0

-TWO 1TB internal HDD SEAGATE

-D-Link Wireless PCI Adapter

3x 22" 1080 monitors th2go3d

thrustmaster stick,throttle,madcats combat rudders

2x lilliput 8" tm

Do you have a picture of the risors?

For those building an ACESII ejection seat - I am selling my Parachute Risers. Price $70 + Shipping and PayPal Fee. PM me if interested.

Shipping to U.S. Location only since it is unclear if there are export restricitons on this item.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

• 2 years later...

Long time since last posting...

I played around with DCS BIOS last Fall and was easily able to get a some switches wired up in a few minutes. I put any further work on hold until the issue of a single arduino vs multipe was resolved. So now I am interested in getting back into the panel building.

I am fairly familiar with the Arduino and purchased a few Unos and the larger version months ago in preparation.

I need some help in understanding the remaining hardware I need to get going. Can some recommend the parts needed for the multi Arduino DCS BIOS solution if all I have right now is the arduinos mentioned above.

If there is a comprehensive forum post I might have missed please point me toward it.

Thanks.

Many more questions to follow...

There are some scattered information but to make a long story short you need some additional MAX487 circuits that takes care of the RS-485 communication.

DCS-BIOS: Overview and Announcements

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=141096

DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=141095

DCS-BIOS, RS-485 and hardware related

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160526

There are probably more, like one of my own threads about MIG-panels that also discuss this concept and some ideas:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158088

Edited by BravoYankee4
Edited messed up link.

Hey - thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting back into this - I think I am still short some hardware. Can you point me to the RS-485 components and where I can buy them? Also, are there any diagrams showing the relationships and physical connections of the Master / Slave / RS-485 / CAT 5, etc. I think understanding where all the components fit would be a big help to me. Thanks.

Appreciate your reply.

John

Hey - thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting back into this - I think I am still short some hardware. Can you point me to the RS-485 components and where I can buy them? Also, are there any diagrams showing the relationships and physical connections of the Master / Slave / RS-485 / CAT 5, etc. I think understanding where all the components fit would be a big help to me. Thanks.

Appreciate your reply.

John

The MAX487 chips are the only external components you need. And 2 wires.

Many here have used RJ45 cables/connectors, since it is convenient, but any cables can be used. A twisted pair is probably best.

I have chosen to also use some of the pairs for +5 and +12V power suply to the slave boards in the same cable.

The information about how to connect and what pins to use is in the threads I linked to above.