ANNOUNCEMENT - DCS: MiG-21bis

Cobra847

The MiG-21 being produced now would be fine for a Vietnam map. The Huey as it is right now isn't the Huey that was in service in Vietnam. Though the Cobra hasn't come out yet, I wouldn't be surprised if it has a few additions that weren't used in Vietnam. It is the same with the P-51, my understanding is that the state it is in wasn't used in WWII, or at least very rare at the end of the war. It is also likely any F-4s and A-7s are also going to be later versions as opposed to Vietnam era. This is probably a documentation issue for why this is done.

But a European map for the 70s would still be a good thing to have and I'd play those scenarios just as much, along with a map for the Arab/Israeli wars (they weren't using the Bis, but what they were using probably wasn't far off).

the produced Mig-21, which is a BIS version wouldn't be suitable for Vietnam map, Mig-21PFV, PF and MF are the versions that were used in the conflict. Modeling them to DCS standard would require a lot of work.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd rather not start off another crowdfunding campaign, especially with regards to how long you've all already been waiting for the aircraft to be released.

We'd like to build a repertoire of trust with you, the community, before heading down that path again.

Smart idea will be watching this closely.

All the best guys

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Did I miss smth, because I don't see this update regarding Bison

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hi, I was off during a bit of time and when I come back, DCS Mig21bis is on track again...

That's great! After have skimmed the thread all along, in apart of the melo-drama occurred behind the scene (that must stay behind the curtains), I would say THANK YOU to ALL the team (to Beczl too) to bring the 21bis back on the tracks, and congratulations to the newly constituted studio.

Especially thanks to Cobra847 to finance the studio until the release of the sim and for the communications prior the release.

(Leatherneck Simulations, born in January 27, 2014 and owned by Rental Punkt Suprema. (Source) Rental Punkt Suprema Company Ltd. was established in Swinoujscie in 1998, as a company with foreign capital, taking over at the same time continue Dackard Industries AB (Ltd.), Sweden. (Source)

Edited by Cedaway
Grammar & orthograph

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

ye old three finger salute...

ddd.jpg.ee5e972b9d148a79869b34e93b4d7759.jpg

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hope she flies as good as she looks.

Agreed! that is a nice looking cockpit! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Nothing too fancy

http://www.twitch.tv/rudel82 :D

• Like 1

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD