Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

I have all of Mig-21 related paperbook. Yefim book has a lot of misinfo and stolen/photoshoped pics also contain a 50% wrong technical and other datas.

All of my information that I insert into this mod is based on my real experience with Mig-21 and official non-public operation, tech manual, pilot log books, and real and retired pilots F2F discussion and instruction as well.

Sorry I did not have bad intentions. Personally I am not an expert, the book was only the tip others who would want to read about an airplane.

Really the best mod any simulation that I have ever played. The plane is in my opinion even better than the originals in the simulation.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I did not have bad intentions. Personally I am not an expert, the book was only the tip others who would want to read about an airplane.

Really the best mod any simulation that I have ever played. The plane is in my opinion even better than the originals in the simulation.

No problem mate. I just want to post this info because generally a lot of misinformation exist on the books and internet also. Especially for the russian military technology. So if a modder use any misinfo their mod wasn't a valid or real as possible I think.

V2.11 Hotfix will be available in Lockonfiles after admin aproove it:

Installed V2.1 is required for this hotfix as well.

Changes: V2.11

- New Country: Algeria

- New Skins: Algerian

- Fixed duplicated weapon swich when you select IAB-500

- Fixed Loading screen version Nr.

- Small correction in Manual

- Basic lua script is corrected. Now all feature is working now on multiplayer

- The gap between the 490/800l droptanks and center pylon is fixed

I also search a good pics (or links) from the following countries Mig-21 related shoulder patch for the loading screen purpose:

- Algeria

- Bulgaria

- Romania

- Czech Republic (Czechslovakia)

- Vietnam

- Croatia

- Finnland

- Egypt

- Yugoslavia

I also search a good pics (or links) from the following countries Mig-21 related shoulder patch for the loading screen purpose:

- Bulgaria

These are the patches of the only currently flying the MiG-21 bis squadron in the Bulgarian Air Force, 1st Sqaudron of 3rd AFB Graff Ignatievo:

- shoulder patch

normal_gashterizon-11.jpg

- squadron patch worn on the chest of the flight suit, R/H side

normal_1IAE-3.jpg

But my favorite is the patch of the former 6th AFB Balchik (at the Black Sea)

004857914-big.jpg

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Another thing I noticed - the horizontal stabilizer has a differential function(both halves deflect different in roll) like the MiG-23 and MiG-29. That's not correct, the real MiG-21 (either version) doesn't have a differential pitch/roll control surfaces.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Croatian Air Force patches

There is a problem with these patches, as there was very little official about them during early period of CroAF - the one to which two-tone cammo is related.

Pilots had patches of their own, ground crew different patches, and since MiG-21 was based at two Air bases, each airbase had a patch of their own.

Each pilot, ground crew or any other person working at the base (and NOT related to aircraft) tend to display those patches in various ways, regarding position, design, layout. On top of that, same thing happened to CroAF (general) patch, Croatian flags, crests and any other patch.

And, cos CroAF was established during the peak of Croatian Independence War, there was a lot of bureaucratic disorganization and confusion regarding correct numbering, names and layouts. For example, 21st FS patch displays number "1", and so on...

In short, there were TWO squadrons, and the best options are:

21. ELZ - Eskadrila lovačkih zrakoplova (21st Fighter Squadron), stationed at 91st AB Pleso, Zagreb

Oznaka_lovačka_eskadrila_HRZ.jpg

22. ELZ - Eskadrila lovačkih zrakoplova (22nd Fighter Squadron), stationed at 92nd AB Pula

22_eskadrila_lovackih_zrakoplova_Pula_1209.jpg

• Like 1

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Is there anyway we can get this to work with the Mig-29K,Mig-29ub,Seems every time I try to apply this mod with those other aircraft active it locks the game to the point where you can't launch it and have to reinstall.What we really need is a complete mig pack with all the migs working together and not conflicting.I simply wish we didn't have to choose one over the other.If anyone has managed to repack these migs for modman without any conflicts...please post it or how it was done:thumbup:,I don't think I'm the only miglover that would want this to happen.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Thanks guys from the patch. :-) I really want to add all nation Mig-21 related patches into loading screen.

@Airtito: I know that issue but the horizontal stabilizer movement is hardcoded so I can't use a current Mig-21 stabilizer movement.

Yeah I figured so. No big deal, just an observation. There is another one - real MiG-21 don't have flares/chaff dispensers. Perhaps only the Romanian Lancers have but I'm not sure. But in terms of gameplay that feature is a must ;)

=RvE=

Yeah I figured so. No big deal, just an observation. There is another one - real MiG-21 don't have flares/chaff dispensers. Perhaps only the Romanian Lancers have but I'm not sure. But in terms of gameplay that feature is a must ;)

I know. We try to deactivate it generally and try to set F/C ON if SPS-141-100 is fitted only through some lua but doesn't possible.

Yes, Mig-21 Lancer has flare dispensers, while chaff..i'm not quite certain (pictures taken in 2010 at 71th Air Base Campia Turzii)

DSC_6142.jpg

DSC_6135.jpg

DSC_6289.jpg

DSC_6279.jpg

The problem with Lancer is that is both externally and internally quite different. Many things are added to the outside (antennas under nose, on each side of nose, on tail, chaff dispenser under tail, and many more, subjected to a new topic), and the cockpit is significantly different.

Adding Lancer skin to this MiG-21bis model is more like a stop-gap measure. Best approach is completely new model, in addition to BIS.

Contact via PM.

Renato, Croatia has the same modernised mig-21 as Romania? I know i saw some pics 5 years ago with some Croatian migs modernised here and i don't know if they have all the features

Not quite. They are just slightly upgraded BIS with parts of the Lancer package. Like that antenna below nose. Primarly, its just comm and nav equipment up to NATO requirements (Croatia is a NATO member).

At the time of that "modernization", due to political reasons (sold to public as financial probs, but there is more to it...), Air Force and government could not make up their mind whether they want full upgrade to Lancer standard, some other package (21-93, Israel...), limited modernization, or to purchase a new aircraft, which one, and how many (F-16, M2000, and Grippen were discussed).

So, the cheapest option was chosen in hope that within few year a final decision will be made. That backfired in the form of lack of funds later then, that led to numerous problems, resulting in recent accident (mid-air collision during a2g training).

Air Force is expensive, and politicians rather commit funds into things that are more familiar to them, like bureaucracy, then try to wrap their minds around concepts like flying. Some people, when they do not understand physics and natural phenomenons, invent religion. Others turn to politics.

On subject, main factor for such decision was a visit by Russian experts prior to that decision, which evaluated airframes as "too old and too used to fly at all", and recommended to "throw them into trash".

On topic, looking forward to see ANY future version of MIG-21 :)

Contact via PM.

Just did some online flying with a squadmate. We found that the main lua script (combat modes, EOS, HUD range etc) works but only for the server side. For client it was not working like in V2.0.

=RvE=

Just did some online flying with a squadmate. We found that the main lua script (combat modes, EOS, HUD range etc) works but only for the server side. For client it was not working like in V2.0.

Hmm. Interesting. It was tested at least two MP server environment and it was worked. Could you send me a PM with the following logs from server and client side also?

- Error.log

- MiG21bis.log

- network-201108xx-xxxx.log

It's necessary for a further investigation.

Thanks in advance.

Disregard. My squadmate just told me that he has forgotten to install the 2.11 hotfix when we flew yesterday. He did it now and we tried it - all works fine.

:doh:

Edited by =RvE=Tito

=RvE=

No Problem. I'm happy to works fine now. I think it was better if I release the 2.11 full mod instead of the 2.1 + 2.11 hotfix, but some upload limit at Lockonfiles side and my slow upload speed prevent it.

Edited by beczl