Russian Airfield diagrams

IvanK

If you want some Russian Airfield diagrams then you can get them from the Russian AIP in PDF. I found the Georgian AIP as well but the charts dont seem to be downloadable.

Here is the URL for the Russian AIP:

http://aviadocs.net/AIP/html/eng.htm

When you get there Drill down the folder structure to

AD Part III Aerodromes

---AD2.Aerodromes

-------AD2.1 Russian Federation

Then choose the aerodrome of your choice

Then you want Aerodrome Chart ICAO

RussAIP.jpg

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

This site is spitting a malware error on my PC?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

You can get the Georgian ones if you register on eurocontrol website (free). http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html

Login then go "enter application" from the EAD Basic page. Setup the options as I showed in the screengrab.

Have fun!

(and you can print them as well)

871525371_EADBasic-SimpleApplicationAccess-MozillaFirefox_2012-01-20_02-32-13.thumb.jpg.5d440c187a6fb760e8be0ac020fed9be.jpg

Edited by bluepilot76

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Great find thanks :):)

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Glad to help- Hopefully the relevant freqs and navaids in the sim are accurately modeled so we can do some Instrument Approaches using these official charts!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A series of Instrument Approach plates gathered from the EADS link and the Russian AIP link. A couple of VORDME/NDBDME charts for airfields that have TACAN stations in DCS A10.

On first look some Runway headings in the Sim are at variance with the charts. (Batumi is a known one).Not sure why but wonder if this is a function of how Magvar is employed in the Sim. I am fairly new to A10C so havent figured out if the NAVSYSTEM in EGI mode requires any manual Magvar input from the pilot or if (as I would suspect) the Navsystem has a Magvar lookup table. I cant see a way to select Mag or True using the EGI. My assumption is it should be displaying Magnetic heading.

Mag var in the area is around 5Deg East in the real world.

ILS Freqs look good Sim to Real world. Tacan Channels used are fictional I think.

Charts in the RAR all in PDF:

URMM (Mineralnyye Vody ILS Rwy 12

URMM (Mineralnyye Vody) ILS Rwy 30

URMN (Nalchik) ILS Rwy 24

URMO (Beslan) ILS Rwy 10

URSS (Sochi) ILS Rwy 06

UGKO (Kutaisi/Kopitnari) NDB/DME Rwy 26 (Pseudo Tac Rwy26)

UGKO (Kutaisi/Kopitnari) NDB/DME Rwy 26 Via Lobin 1B Transition (Good Pseudo Tac Rwy26)

UGSB (Batumi) ILS Rwy 13 (Headings off in Sim)

UGTB (Tiblisi) ILS Rwy 13R

UGTB (Tiblisi) VORDME Rwy 13R (Pseudo TAC Rwy 13R)

UGTB (Tiblisi) ILS Rwy 31L

UGTB (Tiblisi) VORDME 31L (Pseido TAC Rwy 31L)

IF Plates.rar

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 1

My assumption is it should be displaying Magnetic heading....

Correct - it does.

Thanx for the Charts :)

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Batumi is around 6 degrees out .... Awfully close in terms of magnitude to the real world variation.

In the Sim Rwy 13 Batumi has a heading on the HSI/HUD of 120 degrees Mag. The charted value is 126Deg Mag. So we have a 6 degree error. Based on applying Real world values Batumi Rwy 13 True Rwy heading should be 131True ... to achieve the charted value of 126Mag... assuming the real World value of 5E magvar is being used. I have a hunch the correction in the Sim has been applied the wrong way.

Does the MB ruler tool display TRUE or Magnetic heading ?

...assuming the real World value of 5E magvar is being used

6 degrees.

ca7ade1b.png

Does the MB ruler tool display TRUE or Magnetic heading ?

Not sure. Batumi is however on correct heading in ME at 126, so I would assume it's Mag. This very question has however been answered before by a Dev - I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: OK - Just confirmed that the ruler displays Mag heading.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 degrees.

ca7ade1b.png

Not sure. Batumi is however on correct heading in ME at 126, so I would assume it's Mag. This very question has however been answered before by a Dev - I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for the reply. I get 126 for Batumi rwy heading using the ruler tool, which implies its working in magnetic. However sitting on the ground Rwy hdg on both the HUD and HSI shows 120 (EGI operating) ... it should be showing 126 also.

EDIT after your Edit :)

Well then it would seem that the HSI and HUD are applying a correction as well and causing a display error. If its happenning at Batumi it implies its over the entire map. So The HSI and HUD are under reading by around 5 degrees everywhere.

Edited by IvanK

... it should be showing 126 also.

Aye - quite correct. Currently babysitting the issue through the bug-factory, insofar as it relates to Batumi that is :)

If you are aware of other airbase discrepancies then please let me know and we can look at those too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit reply :)

If its happenning at Batumi it implies its over the entire map. So The HSI and HUD are under reading by around 5 degrees everywhere.

That's the kicker - it seems to be correct at some and not at others (Batumi as a case-in-point). At present I have not looked at the other bases - will put it on the to-do list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]