Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

yes! thank you! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Looks brilliant, but the flag is back to front, in the wrong place and far too big, it has to be much smaller.

It would be flown from a flag yardarm which juts out behind the mast, much lower down. Up there and that size it would be blown away within minutes, and it might take the top of the mast with it and all the radio antenna attached.

This is where it should be:

Screen_160324_134147.thumb.jpg.859af44eae49c14e89bc1de6730e7301.jpg

Fantastic work again, well done.

Looks brilliant, but the flag is back to front, in the wrong place and far too big, it has to be much smaller.

It would be flown from a flag yardarm which juts out behind the mast, much lower down. Up there and that size it would be blown away within minutes, and it might take the top of the mast with it and all the radio antenna attached.

This is where it should be:

[ATTACH]137089[/ATTACH]

Fantastic work again, well done.

Thanks for the recommend Crazyeddie.

I realized that there is also an error in an argument used twice.

Soon I will release the correct version.

• Like 1

Just had a little fight with myself, I lost, having a wee bit of a problem with the gun fire sound but suspect I screwed the instal up. Will sort that out.

What a fantastic addition, I'm not a fan of WW2 in this game but every warship is useful, and this one is a beauty.

Bring on HMS Hood.

Sorry everyone but I made a mistake.

I sent an old file.

To hear the roar of the cannon Bismarck Always replace Bismark.lua file elsewhere in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Sounders\GroundUnits\WeaponSystem\Navy

with the contents of files in the zip file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ha2e6fwg94joq4/BismarkSounds.zip

Sorry.

Sound problem fixed.

New problem with aft turrets, they are pointing forwards to a position they could not traverse to:

[ATTACH]137188[/ATTACH]

Crazyeddie, I can not reproduce the error.

You may please send me the mission?

The error must be in these lines of lua:

--- Torrette di Poppa

--- Torretta Cannone di Poppa 3 Cesar ----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Note: Currently can fire up to about 23 km in range with 130 mm shells from default AK130 weapons system.

ws = GT_t.inc_ws();

GT.WS[ws] = {}

set_recursive_metatable(GT.WS[ws], GT_t.WS_t.ship_SK_C_34 )

GT.WS[ws].area = 'Torre_380_Cesare'

GT.WS[ws].center = 'CENTER_TOWER_03'

GT.WS[ws].drawArgument1 = 15

GT.WS[ws].drawArgument2 = 16

GT.WS[ws].reference_angle_Y = math.rad(-180);

GT.WS[ws].angles[1][1] = math.rad(-45);

GT.WS[ws].angles[1][2] = math.rad(45);

GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR[1].recoilTime = 1.5;

GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR =

{

{

connector_name = 'POINT_Bismarck_03_1',

recoilArgument = 35,

},

{

connector_name = 'POINT_Bismarck_03_2',

recoilArgument = 35,

}

}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Torretta Cannone di Poppa 4 Dora ----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Note: Currently can fire up to about 23 km in range with 130 mm shells from default AK130 weapons system.

ws = GT_t.inc_ws();

GT.WS[ws] = {}

set_recursive_metatable(GT.WS[ws], GT_t.WS_t.ship_SK_C_34 )

GT.WS[ws].area = 'Torre_380_Dora'

GT.WS[ws].center = 'CENTER_TOWER_04'

GT.WS[ws].drawArgument1 = 17

GT.WS[ws].drawArgument2 = 18

GT.WS[ws].reference_angle_Y = math.rad(-180);

GT.WS[ws].angles[1][1] = math.rad(-45);

GT.WS[ws].angles[1][2] = math.rad(45);

GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR[1].recoilTime = 1.5;

GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR =

{

{

connector_name = 'POINT_Bismarck_04_1',

recoilArgument = 36,

},

{

connector_name = 'POINT_Bismarck_04_2',

recoilArgument = 36,

}

}

B E A UTIFUL as Jim Carrey would say.

I really dig this.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

So just to be sure it is just the lua in the Navy folder? All the other stuff in BismarkSounds.zip can be ignored?

Cheers,

Stonehouse

<edit> don't worry I just saw the new Bismark download package in user files http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1827354/

Sorry everyone but I made a mistake.

I sent an old file.

To hear the roar of the cannon Bismarck Always replace Bismark.lua file elsewhere in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Sounders\GroundUnits\WeaponSystem\Navy

with the contents of files in the zip file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ha2e6fwg94joq4/BismarkSounds.zip

Sorry.

Edited by Stonehouse
New download

These two ships are easily the best 'additional unit' mods I've ever seen for DCS World. Absolutely outstanding work!!

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

These two ships are easily the best 'additional unit' mods I've ever seen for DCS World. Absolutely outstanding work!!

Thank you.

Unfortunately there are some bugs that I will try to fix in the next version perhaps with the help of the community.

Did a Bismark v's Hood experiment. Hood lost so I guess your modelling matches history.

Was very interesting to watch and the damage modelling looked great.

Yes, excellent, much better than the game models.

I found out how to beat Bismark with the Hood. 2 Hoods ... but is was a close run thing !! :pirate: