Warthog Pinky Key Issue

Avio

I mapped the TM Warthog's joystick pinky switch to use in combo with another switch for the Ka-50 but noticed that the combo key command doesn't always work. A check using device property confirms that both the pinky and other buttons are all working perfectly.

Anyone else notices this? Thanks.

It would be helpful to know what exactly you have mapped. But something general: The DCS controller settings won't recognize it as an input if you put a 2-way switch back to "off" or a 3-way switch, like the pinky switch, back to the center position. Maybe that's your problem.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Pretty strange cos I'm just merely trying to map pinky and combo switch to a normal 4-way hat switch such as TMS. Example TMS UP for one function, and Pinky+TMS UP for another. Somehow sometimes after switching around the switching just wouldn't update. But after a few more presses, they function again.

Are you setting the pinky switch up as a "Modifier" in the options, or just mapping the two together as a combo?

I don't have the information in front of me, but I do remember a thread that explained very well how to set up any switch as an official modifier when assigning keys...

Are you setting the pinky switch up as a "Modifier" in the options, or just mapping the two together as a combo?

I don't have the information in front of me, but I do remember a thread that explained very well how to set up any switch as an official modifier when assigning keys...

Yes the pinky was set up as a Modifier in game. Is there another "official" way that I may not be aware of? Would like to know.

Now I understand. I haven't used the Pinky as a modifier so far, so I don't know if there are any specific problems with it but in general if you want to use combo-keys you have to officially declare the combo key as a modifier. If I remember correctly the button for assigning modifiers is at the bottom left.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg