trackir zoom

ebabil

when i want to use my guns, i need to use extreme zoom in order to allign my gun point to the target.

but trackir doesn't allow to do that, i always have to push alt+c in order to enable mouse look and zoom feature.

is there another way to do this?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I assign zoom to a spare axis on my throttle or stick. Or just to a pair of buttons for in and out on the stick if you lack spare axis.

Agreed. I have been using zoom that way, in the A-10 with TIR, for over three years and it works just fine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah, I do the same, I use the THR-FC slider on the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle but it unfortunately doesn't react well when it isn't dead center. If you slide it to zoom in or out it creates small visual stutters, very annoying. I'm going to change to a different button soon when I figure out which one will be most suitable.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I do the same, I use the THR-FC slider on the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle but it unfortunately doesn't react well when it isn't dead center. If you slide it to zoom in or out it creates small visual stutters, very annoying. I'm going to change to a different button soon when I figure out which one will be most suitable.

Are the lights on the your throttle lit? Some people have found that the jitters disappear when the leds are off.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Are the lights on the your throttle lit? Some people have found that the jitters disappear when the leds are off.

Yes they are, this is a known issue then? I guess that's good in the sense mine isn't faulty. I will try turning them off, seems a shame to have to choose between the two though. Which switch are you using out of interest?

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

For the A-10C, my answer probably won't help, since I use the joystick on my G-13 (which is mounted next to the throttle). Sorry. :)

For other aircraft I usually use one of the hats (up and down for zoom in and out. with left and right assigned to Zoom Reset.

I think the jitters disappear with either lights off or full on.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Before I got the WH I had a very twitchy slider on my X52 and I mapped the curve to a series of steps so when you slid it along it had 4-5 incremental zooms. I think moving all to 50 was the way IIRC

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have always used the toe axis on one of my rudder pedals for zoom. It's great because it keeps all my fingers free. This setup obviously costs me separate left and right brakes but I can live without those easier than the zoom. In the A-10 I'm always using zoom and HOTAS buttons at the same time so the foot control is a must.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

is it possible to assign zoom x-52 throttle sliders or i have ch fighter and i don't use it's throttle axis, is it possible to set this axis as zoom?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

i set the x-52 slider as zoom but it shakes like my hands

Youtube

You can reassign TrackIR-Z to zoom. This give you the ability to zoom, by leaning into the screen.

I do this - I find it pretty natural, and its one less pair of keys/button to manage when you're already trying to fly and shoot at the same time.

You'll probably find that to set your view initially you'll lean in a little, re-center, then sit back normally in your chair. At least I do that to get what I think is a normal perspective.

I won't read all the answers now, so please ignore this if it already has been mentioned:

• TrackIR allowes to be the zoom instead of head-movement in Z direction. Simply go to the axis controls of the A10 and map TrackIR-Z to the zoom axis by selecting assign and then move your head towards the monitor for axis input. Can be a bit tricky to get it to recognize but it works.
  • I use a slider axis I have on my throttle. Unfortunatly the sensor is damaged (guess thats a wear and tear problem of the X52) and therefor inacurate: the signal jumps making it impossible to use for zoom axis if you don't want to get sick. Trick: Lower the X-Satuation and increasy the deadzone greatly (80%), by doing this you get 3 Plateaus, making it possible to get far out, normal and full zoom as stages.
  • Third possibility I also use is the cooliehat. If you don't already need it for additional features and don't need it for looking around (because you have headtracking) you can map zoom in / out on forward/aft. cooliehat buttons. I use this for finetuning zoom in case I don't only want full zoom.

Hope this helps,

Mav

i set the x-52 slider as zoom but it shakes like my hands

ebabil as mentioned in my previous post I used the sliders in the axis tune window to create steps. This eradicated the shakes and gives you four or five different levels of zoom. I think I set each slider to 50. worked very well for me

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ebabil as mentioned in my previous post I used the sliders in the axis tune window to create steps. This eradicated the shakes and gives you four or five different levels of zoom. I think I set each slider to 50. worked very well for me

Alternatively you can set the Slider to "Bands" such that the top and bottom end of the axis fires the keystroke for increase and decrease FOV. Basically you would push the slider to full forward to increase zoom level, move it back to the middle to stop it. You would also then bind a button to reset to default FOV to snap back to normal.

This works well if you don't have problems putting the slider into the middle which is pretty easy if you only set bands to the top and bottom 10% of the input.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Assigned "View" Zoom View" under "Axis Commands" to my throttle Joy_RX(thumb scroll button-Saiteck X52Pro) think theres a conflict in there with my tracir zoom just dont know how to fix as sometimes the view will hop in an out on random due to head movement with tracir maybe.