DCS WWII: Europe 1944

Given that we are 5% from base goal, I'm interested in how this will be implemented. Are we expecting everything released at once after +1 year wait or things will trickle slowly? Like release beta of an aircraft while terrain is developed? Please mention some ideas so we can have expectations.

You'll probably see is a hybrid of the ten years of the original IL-2 Sturmovic. Only this time instead of paying for Theaters every few years that included free aircraft, you'll be paying for most of those aircraft. The good news is there will be a steady inflow of product, rather than waiting a couple years or more for each theater. It also gives the development a more consistent source of income to provide for their families, and the funding to continue creating content. Its a win win.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finish the basic theater, planes , FM and DM and if it will be good(which i suppose will) everything other like B17 and bigger map will snowball.

Follow the classic scheme step by step. I am sure you will be succesfull. every another update patch with something new and simfans will give you another money so that you can continue to make it better. (throwing them on monitor)

Now i need to get back to CLOD and team fusion patch :-)))) Awesome work

Luthier could you just explain the old CLOD engine vs new EDGE i liked the lighting, reflections and haze much more in original CLOD than EDGE. Is it tunable into the CLOD result?

PS: Please Make a donation button on your website with another funding goals so i can fund the WWII every month with a little money.

Edited by jctrnacty

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Luthier could you just explain the old CLOD engine vs new EDGE i liked the lighting, reflections and haze much more in original CLOD than EDGE. Is it tunable into the CLOD result?

It's up to ED to make EDGE as good as CoD's engine in the near future, as EDGE is part of DCS core and I doubt RRG will have the opportunity to work on DCS engine directly.

BTW, the trend stopped demising. The projected sum remained at ~170% for at least two days. Now it's 164% but it's only morning.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/#chart-exp-projection

Sorry but the stretch goals are just dreaming we've barely been able to make the 100,000k I would just take that and be happy its meant to be enough to make the base game so all should be good starting to wonder if its really enough by the sounds of things and thats worrying.

I don't mean to put a downer on things as I get the stretch goals are for the future.

Edited by TimeKilla

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Concerning the person who pledged 2000.00.-

would be cool if the pledge is Oleg's, and his face on the pilot :smilewink:

True.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Night bombing over Germany? Has anyone ever done it in a sim?

No. Not in a sim and only few B17 did that in reality over Europe.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

It's up to ED to make EDGE as good as CoD's engine in the near future, as EDGE is part of DCS core and I doubt RRG will have the opportunity to work on DCS engine directly.

BTW, the trend stopped demising. The projected sum remained at ~170% for at least two days. Now it's 164% but it's only morning.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/#chart-exp-projection

The best thing about this:

You can see the date of the EDGE-screenshots being released (13.9.): More than double the money from the day before.

Now imagine we had a campaign with new features, screenshots or videos at least once a week! We wouldn't have to speculate about the 150.000 goal any longer.

The best thing about this:

You can see the date of the EDGE-screenshots being released (13.9.): More than double the money from the day before.

Now imagine we had a campaign with new features, screenshots or videos at least once a week! We wouldn't have to speculate about the 150.000 goal any longer.

The stop of drop if the pledging tempo may indicate a newcommers and on-the-fence-rs are joining in. I bet those considered would pledge anyway pledged during the first 10 days or so.

The stop of drop if the pledging tempo may indicate a newcommers and on-the-fence-rs are joining in. I bet those considered would pledge anyway pledged during the first 10 days or so.

With my professional marketing experience: I doubt that.

There was no futher information for 10 days, so no reason to reconsider buying or pledging.

Situation changed with the update on Sept. 13th. and it will change again when the new video is release. If it's done wisely, it's rather today than tomorrow - or at the end of the month: The next spike on pledgers will occur on October 1st, when people have more money.

Since stretch goals are unachievable, I doubt there will be much income after we reach 100k. The project will be funded enough and the biggest fans have already pledged long time ago. Since the not so excited customers won't gain anything special and will get the initial content for free, why pledge? I wouldn't.

I'm sure we'll reach the initial goal before october.

Yeah. I'd love to see B17, Lancaster and Do17 in the list.

$375k just isn't achievable, with suitable goals and rewards maybe $150k or even $200k could be though.

It'll be interesting what the re-start of the campaign brings. I'm hoping for single seat aircraft at $150k and $200k, maybe that's just too much to ask though.

Since stretch goals are unachievable, I doubt there will be much income after we reach 100k. The project will be funded enough and the biggest fans have already pledged long time ago. Since the not so excited customers won't gain anything special and will get the initial content for free, why pledge? I wouldn't.

I'm sure we'll reach the initial goal before october.

The idea is that if you pledge, dependent on how much you pledge, determines what you will have to fly in. Clearly the obvious best choice would be to pledge 40. vs. buying aircraft after the release. Or if you already own the P-51 then the 20. level will get you the Dora

Edited by GT 5.0

The idea is that if you pledge, dependent on how much you pledge, determines what you will have to fly in. Clearly the obvious best choice would be to pledge vs. buying aircraft after the release.

Also if one plans to get the FW-190 for DCS in the future pledging $85 now is a really good option as the module will cost circa $45 anyway.

Also if one plans to get the FW-190 for DCS in the future pledging $85 now is a really good option as the module will cost circa $45 anyway.

I think most people were under the impression we were getting that in the $40 pledge anyway... me included.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I was too, but reading the $85 pledge description, I'm not so sure...

Bugger.

Unless that means we do get the 190, just when WWII comes out , rather than early beta? I think this needs clarification.

Yes that's correct, if someone wants the Dora early, then they would go for the 85 level

I was too, but reading the $85 pledge description, I'm not so sure...

Bugger.

Unless that means we do get the 190, just when WWII comes out , rather than early beta? I think this needs clarification.

It's pretty clear to me. $85 gets you early access to the Fw 190 in DCS World, not just DCS WW2.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

$20 gets you one out of P51 or FW-190 in WW2

$30 gets you both the P51 and FW-190 in WW2

$40 gets you the above plus any planes which come with stretch goals getting hit (so maybe 262 if the stretch goal is changed)

$65 gets you both in WW2 and immediate access to P51 in DCS World

$85 gets you both in WW2 and immediate access to FW-190 in DCS World once beta is released

$100 gets you both in WW2 and both in DCS World

I think most people were under the impression we were getting that in the $40 pledge anyway... me included.

Read the brochure again. Make sure you get the most recent one (from the topic in this forum section).

$20 gets you one out of P51 or FW-190 in WW2

$30 gets you both the P51 and FW-190 in WW2

$40 gets you the above plus any planes which come with stretch goals getting hit (so maybe 262 if the stretch goal is changed)

$65 gets you both in WW2 and immediate access to P51 in DCS World

$85 gets you both in WW2 and immediate access to FW-190 in DCS World once beta is released

$100 gets you both in WW2 and both in DCS World

While anything below 65/85/100 (P-51/FW-190/BOTH) gets you aircrafts for DCS WWII only, not DCS WWII and DCS World. See the DCS WWII Non-Official Brochure_RevC.pdf, p. 10.