Thrustmaster Warthog BULK/BOOT Issue

Hi Chaps,

Having some issues with my new PC, I have tried to install my Warthog and now I am getting this BULK/Boot issue for my joystick and if I try a firmware update on the throttle that also goes Bulk/BOOT on me.

Windows 10 (No issues with my previous Windows 10 Rig!)

I have read around and made sure that they are in a USB 2.0 port and I have tried the bootloader method to no avail!

Joystick Error (code: 0x0000000C0)

Throttle Error (code: 0x0000000D)

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks,

Krupi

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately as I have a Rift on the way I need USB 3.

If I disable xHCI will that turn my USB 3's to USB 2's?

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Hi Outlaw,

Unfortunately I have already tried that a few times!

I don't understand why they don't work suddenly.

The only thing that has changed was my Motherboard and CPU, which makes me think it has to be them causing the problem!

Project IX Cockpit

When I had this problem the Bulk Boot procedure didn't work properly on my gaming computer either, I had to do this procedure on another computer, once the stick and throttle was recognized (on second computer) it worked perfect when reinstalled on my gaming rig.

Edited by Outlaw24
  • Like 2

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hi Chaps,

Having some issues with my new PC, I have tried to install my Warthog and now I am getting this BULK/Boot issue for my joystick and if I try a firmware update on the throttle that also goes Bulk/BOOT on me.

Windows 10 (No issues with my previous Windows 10 Rig!)

I have read around and made sure that they are in a USB 2.0 port and I have tried the bootloader method to no avail!

Joystick Error (code: 0x0000000C0)

Throttle Error (code: 0x0000000D)

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks,

Krupi

Try running in compatibility mode for windows 7 and administrator.

• Like 2

Thanks chaps,

The install it in another PC seemed to work, I also enabled xHCI Hand-off not sure if that also helped.

Project IX Cockpit

Thats mine bricked today aswell.

Bootloader error for the stick, firmware 0, it was previously 10 or 11

I tried the manual boot loader process, but my fingers got too sore from trying and trying to keep the trigger squeezed and the weapons release held at the same time as I plugged it in and in and in and in and in rinse repeat.

Was just gunna order a new stick, but its 200 quid for just the stick yet only 277 for throttle and stick, so I just bought a new set, cant be bothered waiting for thrustmaster to take weeks to get back to me via email.

Did speak to the dude on the phone, but he was reluctant to just sell me a new controller board as he didnt know if that would fix the problem, well I can see his point but the stick was working ok until the dick that is me ran the update tool, then it got bricked. :)

I think possibly windows 10 and/or usb 3 are somehow relating to the problem ?

Ahwell, I guess it will come in handy for spares and it did last 5/6 years so I did get my moneys worth out of it, plus it was manky after 5 /6 years use, so it was time for a fresh look anyway.

On the plus side, the throttle still works.

But yea, Me is not a happy bunny today.

Remind me not to flash the new one.

Edited by bumfire
  • Like 2

What are the reasons to flash the firmware? Better HW compatibility?

I'm going to buy a new set next week so I would like to know if it will work ok for me on windows 10 and usb 3.

• Like 1

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

What are the reasons to flash the firmware? Better HW compatibility?

I'm going to buy a new set next week so I would like to know if it will work ok for me on windows 10 and usb 3.

I don't know what the advantages or disadvantages of flashing the firmware, but I experienced my problem after doing so. However, the Bulk Boot Procedure did work for me on another computer, everything is fine now. If I was purchasing a new set I would not update the firmware, but that's a personal decision.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I don't know what the advantages or disadvantages of flashing the firmware, but I experienced my problem after doing so. However, the Bulk Boot Procedure did work for me on another computer, everything is fine now. If I was purchasing a new set I would not update the firmware, but that's a personal decision.

I did not mean that I will update the FW but was just wondering if the hotas will work on windows 10 and usb 3 out of the box.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I did not mean that I will update the FW but was just wondering if the hotas will work on windows 10 and usb 3 out of the box.

I have no problems with my HOTAS running on Windows 10 and USB3.0 :thumbup:

• Like 1

Spoiler:

I bricked my joystick doing firmware update. Been scared to do it since. Thrustmaster though where very helpful and I had the unit back a couple of weeks after RMA. That was 5 years ago though:music_whistling:

• Like 2

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My new pedals and joystick are just fine, but my throttle only worked for 2 days

and now i only get a "last USB plugged in is not recognised" message.

The Target GUI also does not see the warthog throttle either.

I am a little confused about installing the throttle bulk driver, but something

needs to be done as only two days of use and then it stops working is really

problematic for me ! 6-25-2016%2012-23-15%20PM%20%20Throttle_zps9kocupxv.jpg

• Like 2

The new set arrived with both firmware versions upto date, 23/11 so it wouldnt of needed flashing, not that I was going to do it anyway.

Will get the broken joystick repaired and either keep it as a spare or sell it cheap.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Warthog firmware on USB 3.0 ?

thrustmaster%20warning%20that%20warthog%20needs%202.0%20usb_zpsxjkv6dkm.jpg

Anyway to make this happen with USB 3.0 ? Such a burden to try and find a PC with USB 2.0.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a similar problem quite a while ago. As others have stated, try to disable USB xHCI mode for the duration of applying new firmware. In my Asus Z87-PRO it's under:

Advanced menu > USB configuration > Intel xHCI Mode

Default is Smart Auto, I changed it to Disabled, and then I could update the firmware without problem. After the update I switched the xHCI back on.