G940 Pedals to USB

The +5v x Gnd swap means that axes will work work inverted.

For rudder axis is not issue, just use the invert axis function in games for correct, but  for brakes pedals maybe result always pressed for Windows/Games.

Since for solve the issue is need make solders, the easy practical  way is swap this wires in the pot pins, if don't carry about "keep original". 😉 

On 5/30/2016 at 8:08 AM, ZQuickSilverZ said:

I would like to clarify a few things and also ask for assistance.

Please note this is the result of HOURS of online study.

This product (listed below) is supposed to be a stand alone product for G27 (and other) racing pedals. I happen to have a G27 so that works great for me.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=187

but..........................

My understanding is the G940 has a different wiring schematic.

The Logitech G25/G27/DFGT/DFP or Generic Pedals Adapter wiring diagram

DFPG25sch_new.png

VS.

The Logitech G940 Rudder Pedal Wiring Diagram

DFPG25sch.png

I thought about using this product to "correct" the wiring issue.

http://www.l-com.com/d-sub-plastic-pcb-jumper-box-db9-male-female

What I would like is some input by experienced people as to whether this is a viable solution.

I would also like confirmation that the G940 wiring diagram I have posted is correct.

The main advantage I see is that I do not have to make permanent modifications to the G940 Pedals and when I use the G27 pedals it is as simple as removing the jumper box.

What am I missing here? Why does everyone think the wiring needs to be changed? The ONLY difference in those schematics is that the power and ground pins are swapped. But the power is only going across three pots. I've been inside my G940 pedals. Those pots are not polarized. The output from the wipers on the pots all go to the same pins. Those outputs are still gonna have a 0-5vdc analog signal on them. Going by these schematics, the ONLY thing that may have to be changed is that a couple axis inputs in DCS may have to be inverted so they go the right way. Other than that, the Leo Bonar device should work fine. 

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2016 at 2:09 PM, Reksi-Erkki said:

I just tested my G940 pedals, they work OK. At least the calibration values looked smooth enough, and I seem to remember the pedals worked quite fine in the sim as well.

The pinout is different from the G25/27 pedals, though, so you'll need something like this between the pedals and the Bodnar cable. In the image, the pedals connect to the right, the Bodnar cable to the left.

Here's the pinout for the converter box; those are the actual numbers printed on the connectors themselves. I double checked the connections, but the usual disclaimers apply... EDIT: my pinout seems to match your images - if you swap GND and +5V, the axes will be inverted, but that's not a problem since you can adjust for it in the sim.

Pedals        Bodnar
1    black    6
2    orange   2
3    green    3
4    yellow   4
5    red      1

du66kUd.jpg

pedalconverter.jpg?dl=0

I don't understand why everyone thinks the converter assembly would be necessary. In either the G27/29 pedals or the G940 rudder pedals, the only difference is the polarity of the 5vdc going into the device. Other than that, the wiring is identical. Nothing in the device is polarized. Those pots don't care which way the voltage comes in. The only thing you may have to do is invert the axis in the game. You said that yourself.

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

• 9 months later...

So... I went out and got an adapter for my G940 pedals. Not a Leo Bodnar device, but the same thing. I tested it on my G27 pedals and it does work. So according to your schematic of the G940 pedals, the only difference between them and the G27 pedals is the polarity of the power and ground. Those pots don't care about polarity so according to what you posted, my adapter should work with the G940 pedals. Well, it did not. Oddly enough, it showed on my PC as "USB Pedals", but I got no movement on any axis. So I opened up my pedals and got out my trusty Fluke meter and drew up a schematic of my own. Needless to say, I found an error or two on your schematic. 

Here's the pinout for the G27 pedals:

1       3.3vdc in

2       Axis 1

3       Axis 2

4       Axis 3

6       Ground/common

Now here's the pinout of my G940:

1      3.3vdc in

2     Axis 1

3     Axis 2

4     Axis 3

5     Ground/common

8     Ground/commnon

As you can see, there is a major discrepancy. THIS is why the Leo Bodnar adapter, or any other adapter, will not work with the G940 pedals. My preferred solution would be to change the wiring of the DB9 on the USB adapter. Unfortunately that isn't possible due to the type of connector they used. So I will indeed have to put together a couple DB9's and a few wires to make this thing work. But I just wanted to point out that your schematic of the G940 pedals does not match what is actually inside the thing. At least not mine.

Cheers!