MMjoy

No, I just open the .LAY in SprintLayout to see wheres each pin goes... :)

Anyway this layout is "WiP" and seems not tested, last revision there:

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/64234-mjoy-mjoy8-mjoy16-mmjoy/page-113

BTW - As this layout is very condensed the resistor R26 in MISO input can be one with 0 value, just a bridge...

In Tm Shift Register board you can see if resistor net is connected to Gnd or +5v?

Edited by Sokol1_br

No, I just open the .LAY in SprintLayout to see wheres each pin goes... :)

Anyway this layout is "WiP" and seems not tested, last revision there:

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/64234-mjoy-mjoy8-mjoy16-mmjoy/page-113

BTW - As this layout is very condensed the resistor R26 in MISO input can be one with 0 value, just a bridge...

In Tm Shift Register board you can see if resistor net is connected to Gnd or +5v?

I need to test that, thing is that network on TM shift register has 10 pins, and there should be only 9 for switches, maybe there is something with that.

Probably the 10 pin resistor net in Tm is because this is a common size.

In Tm shift register each CD4021 control 8 buttons, this will require a 9 pin resistor net, probable not common size, so is used 10, the pins not connected is bypassed and don't affect the circuit.

515ddfc0ce395f9a58000000.png

If want use on 4 of the above, cut the last pin.

Edited by Sokol1_br

MK2 version of my gimbal more or less completed. It's working with MMJoy2!!! WOOO!

The Pro Micro board from China is working well - I had some questions about the pin outs for the shifter register ports, but the seller was very helpful and I got it resolved very quickly.

The gimbal has about 40 degrees of throw, and the effective resolution seems to be around 1600 steps (10-11 bit). There is a bit of jitter, but nothing that actually shows up in game play.

Just need to do some finishing touches now!

ePbzeG9.jpg

There is a bit of jitter, but nothing that actually shows up in game play.

Try increase the value in filter in Joy Configurator.

BTW - You have email contact of China guy? That Taobao page is... "scary". :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Yeah I'll try the filter thing and see what happens. Like I said before, it doesn't show up in gameplay, so it may be a moot point. Really anything beyond 1024 steps is overkill, mechanical accuracy matters much more.

I don't have email of the seller - It took me a while to figure out that Taobao uses Alibaba's own instant messenger's system for communication with sellers (yes, they don't use emails for some crazy reason!). You can get it here: http://wangwang.taobao.com. But.. it's all Chinese...

Curious, some differences between the above scheme and one in Arduino ShiftIn :

- The resistors are connected in GND, in the above scheme is in +5V.

- The pin #11 on second CD4021 is connected to ground in the above scheme.

And in this scheme posted above (from il-2 Russian forum), are some additional components:

- A resistor in MISO input in 1st CD4021 and between MISO and +5V in the 2nd.

- A capacitor between +5V and GND (in Tm shift register board are a capacitor).

So I spoke with a friend of mine who is an expert on this things, and he said that switches can be connected to GND or VCC, it doesn't matter because controller interpret signals. Since on TM boards (that work with MMjoy2) switches are connected to GND, I'll do the same.

Pin 11 on first chip. It is usually grounded since open pins in CMOS lead to unpredictable results, floating CMOS pins increase current consumption and sometimes floating inputs leads to oscillations and for some more advanced CMOS technologies to long term self destruct. But he also said that in 4000 series this will not be a problem. TM PCB doesn't have pin11 grounded because it can be used for daisy chaining with other shift register boards, pins for that are on TM shift register, but are not used.

I'll finish PCB today, now I need to find a company that will manufacture prototypes.

I could do single chip shift register, and make it in a way that supports daisy chaining.

BTW great work recoilfx, what is the shape of your cam profile?

show "MMJoySetup" config

Here is what I have. Enabled filtering, and haven't messed around with the buttons to match Warthog's order yet.

mmkdynm.png

BTW great work recoilfx, what is the shape of your cam profile?

Here are my current cam profiles. They are just slightly different as the Y-axis cam needs to be asymmetrical to counter the front heavy Warthog grip. If you are planning to use my profiles with your gimbal, it will most likely not work, as the dimensions would be different. I have created a tool that automates most of the cam work and I may release it someday if I find the time to clean up the code.

TmqhQ6A.png

I finished 1 chip shift register PCB.

oBCpjk0.jpg

These PCBs can be daisy chained, up to 4 chips, MMjoy2 supports 4 chips max and 2 shift registers. I'll make versions with 2 and 3 chips tomorrow. This way it is possible to have shift registers in different locations inside controller, for example in grips, and then a few more chips in enclosure for additional switches.

Edited by debolestis

First shift register uploaded, I hope it works.

34ac12bf05dac32e306e07ecdd071355.png

6f614adf53ba0d73205751eec3d901ee.png

I don't get anything from sales, as I said I shall share all PCB designs.

Manufacturer is OSH Park, this costs 17.50$ for 3 PCBs. There are cheaper manufacturers like Seed Studio in China, but for that I need to figure out how to make Gerber files. OSH has better reviews anyway. Purple PCBs, gold plated pads. Size is 90x26mm. Shipping is free!!!

sfQjyTN.jpg

Soon I am uploading versions with 3, 2 and 1 4021 chip.

As I said I hope this works.

Save

Edited by debolestis

First shift register uploaded, I hope it works.

34ac12bf05dac32e306e07ecdd071355.png

6f614adf53ba0d73205751eec3d901ee.png

Order LINK.

I don't get anything from sales, as I said I shall share all PCB designs.

Manufacturer is OSH Park, this costs 17.50$ for 3 PCBs. There are cheaper manufacturers like Seed Studio in China, but for that I need to figure out how to make Gerber files. OSH has better reviews anyway. Purple PCBs, gold plated pads. Size is 90x26mm. Shipping is free!!!

S_R-5_zpsmeuaykem.jpg

Soon I am uploading versions with 3, 2 and 1 4021 chip.

As I said I hope this works.

Nice thats awesome! Thanks for your time on that..There even on the same side of country as me.

I have been pouring over fritzing tring to get a pcb for my throttle and the shift registers i putting in there.with little success.i ll definately utilize your boards.

Edited by Brewnix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Mega_Mozg. In one post I found this schematics:

ykQ72xT.jpg

I made everything the same on my schematics, except R25 and R26, I need to check this out. Maybe this is the reason why Thrustmaster boards have 10 pin resistor networks.

Please don't order PCB that I uploaded until I figure this out.

Edited by debolestis

Think that R26 is need if one shifter register board are chained in other, as in PIN 11 for the next mc.

In the scheme IN are input for previous board connection, OUT is output for the next board or for USB controller. R26 is in this connection.

Detail: in the Captainsblood scheme are one capacitor for each Pin 16 leg. :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Think that R26 is need if one shifter register board are chained in other, as in PIN 11 for the next mc.

In the scheme IN are input for previous board connection, OUT is output for the next board or for USB controller. R26 is in this connection.

Detail: in the Captainsblood scheme are one capacitor for each Pin 16 leg. :)

Since there is no R26 in TM register, I left it out, If necessary it can easily be soldered on cable. We'll have to test this, I ordered boards for myself, they'll be here in 4 weeks and we'll see.

Adding 3 capacitors in parallel is not necessary, more simple solution is to add capacitor 3 times larger in value. To be supper safe electro capacitor can be added, 10uF and that is it, also not very big.

Let's hope this will work.:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Debolestis, So I got few of your boards from OSH Park. For my plans I have bought the 8,16,24 pcb's They have great prices. The boards are nice. I do have a few questions though. Being new to this electronic world I want to make sure before I solder something. So in your pic above the RED bar going along the left side of the Shift Register 9pins long, is one buss bar all connected? And to load the board with the pin headers in your pic and resistor and solder the bottom of board? And if I read the posts above right the capacitor is only needed if you are linking multiple shift register together? Thanks for your time.

picture.php?albumid=1169&pictureid=7940

Edited by Brewnix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It looks nice, I am still waiting form my PCBs to arrive.

These boards are through hole plated so you can solder from both sides, but I recommend to solder like in your photo. You need to be careful with resistor network orientation and 4021 chip orientation. I'd add capacitor anyway, maybe not necessary on all of boards if multiple are connected into single daisy chain. It is simple filter to protect circuit from interference that can happen if you use unshielded wires. Just solder it anyway, it cannot hurt, it will not change functionality. It doesn't have to be 100nf, anything close to that value is OK, 220nF, 470nF...

4021 is oriented properly.

Look at this:

rDt8C4V.jpg

This is proper orientation of resistor network, there should be dot where common pin is. If you don't have resistor network you can do it with 10K resistors, I will not look nice bit it can be done, this is schematics of resistor network:

yT5GvAl.gif

This one is with 10 pins but basically the same thing.

As I said before I hope it works. Please post results.

Soon I will make Pro Micro shield as well, everything will be plug n' play.

Will you share your gimbal design? I bought warthog grip few days ago...

Edited by debolestis