Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Not sure if this was mentioned but the slider for pixel density doesn't seem to be making any quality adjustments that I can see. The setting in the dev kit works great though for clearing up the gauges. I'm assuming that the slider is there but isn't actually doing anything yet?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Jar: same for me, set at 2 and much better than stock view and the same as when using the debugging tool. I hope they hot patch to fix the view issues. I can not seem to hit the sweet spot on my own. Really bad in the F-86, can not use the weapons cause the view is so screwed up. P-51, Dora , Huey and Gazelle not too bad but still not as good as before the patch.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Not sure if this was mentioned but the slider for pixel density doesn't seem to be making any quality adjustments that I can see. The setting in the dev kit works great though for clearing up the gauges. I'm assuming that the slider is there but isn't actually doing anything yet?

Where do I find this pixel density

The option isnt being removed.

I think he meant the 1.5.4 is only available on open beta, till friday at the earliest.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm finding that my saved eyepoint positions are not getting saved when I exit out of DCS and start a new session. This was in v2 and in the v1.5 beta. I do not have the issue with the other v1.5 version.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I see we got same speaker set and rudder pedals :) I wonder what's on the platform :)

By the way I just got my wife to take photo of me while holding a ruler under my nose, looks like my IPD is 69.8mm (just on the limit of 70 for OR) :music_whistling:

Has it arrived yet Kuky? I am thinking about a 2nd one for dogfighting etc.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Well so far I am blown away with the CV1, I am very surprised to find one of my favourite games I have played so far has been Chronos which I scoffed at when I first saw it "third person game in VR... pointless" however it is a lot of fun!

DCS is performing better than I could have hoped with my "below spec" 780, it struggles a bit with pixel density set to 2.0 so I need to play about with the settings however I have flown the P-51, 109, 190 and Gazelle. They have all been fun to fly, especially the Gazelle I can see myself flying that helicopter more and more.

Dogfighting online I still need to check out however I have flown the WWII fighters and have not had an issue with singleplayer dogfighting, spotting will be an issue however the immersion is just so incredible.

VR has almost certainly improved my flying, I think it is the real appreciation of depth that does it.

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Mine arrives tomorrow; I'm literally quivering with anticipation!

I've not been able to fly for some time due to work and a house move, so I'm a bit of touch. I have DCS on steam, but also NTTR. Which has the best support for Rift?

A small pie is soon eaten

I'm finding that my saved eyepoint positions are not getting saved when I exit out of DCS and start a new session. This was in v2 and in the v1.5 beta. I do not have the issue with the other v1.5 version.

Reported

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

So the pixel density slider in DCS is working? I don't see any difference when using the setting in DCS but with the SDK the change is quite evident. As far as the view problem I just modified the borked .lua files for each aircraft and it fixes that wonky problem. I'll have to try the aero enabled setting to see if that clears up my vegetation ghosting issue that is still remaining. The mesh issue on hills with floating textures has always been there and it would be nice to get that cleared up too. I only see it in 1.5.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Reported

Thank you :D :thumbup:

So the pixel density slider in DCS is working? I don't see any difference when using the setting in DCS but with the SDK the change is quite evident. As far as the view problem I just modified the borked .lua files for each aircraft and it fixes that wonky problem. I'll have to try the aero enabled setting to see if that clears up my vegetation ghosting issue that is still remaining. The mesh issue on hills with floating textures has always been there and it would be nice to get that cleared up too. I only see it in 1.5.

It does work and it does make a difference. I get a HUD that's almost "crisp" to read with 2.0 but the hit on frame rates is too much for me. I run it at 1.5 and live with the balance.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

you game might not be saving the settings.

Also, regarding Oculus/VR and SLi:

cybereality said (He's Part of The Oculus Team):

So, I asked one of the lead engineers here at Oculus and he assures me that multi-GPU configurations will result in no gains in VR. Both AFR and SFR rendering are not compatible with the way VR rendering is handled. However, the conflicts should be gone. Meaning if you are running multiple graphics cards, you can still run VR games without having to disable the second card. But, you should not receive any performance benefit.

That said, there are ways to potentially make multi-GPU to work, provided you're coding your own engine. Both Nvidia and AMD have proprietary APIs to target multiple cards in VR, and in DirectX 12 (and probably Vulkan) developers can code their own custom multi-GPU code allowing for more novel optimizations. But, as far as I know, there aren't any released games that take advantage of these advanced features in VR.

So as far as Oculus' API Goes, SLi/CrossFireX is not supported in AFR or SFR.

This also Rules out VR Works and Liquid VR API's, those API's/Libraries are separate from the Oculus API, and meant for people that are programming their own VR Graphics Engine to be used without Oculus's API.

Whether or not ED can work around it for VR or not, I dunno, but if Oculus' Engineers are saying both API's and Multi-GPU Methods wont work due to how their are rendering in their API, that I doubt there would be a Simple Workaround.

VR has almost certainly improved my flying, I think it is the real appreciation of depth that does it.
In my opinion is the 6DOF 1:1 headtracking what makes flying so much easier.

Whichever the reason, now I can make landings with a 180 degrees turn before touch down with the Huey that I could only dream of before.

I can't get the SDK to work iv transferred the file into c: programmes 86 but no luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't get the SDK to work iv transferred the file into c: programmes 86 but no luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Run the debug tool, select 'Layer' in the 'Visible HUD' drop down. Put the Rift on to see what pixel density it's running at.

I've found I need to restart Oculus Home to get it to change when using the debug tool. DCS also works fine changing it without the tool.

Run the debug tool, select 'Layer' in the 'Visible HUD' drop down. Put the Rift on to see what pixel density it's running at.

I've found I need to restart Oculus Home to get it to change when using the debug tool. DCS also works fine changing it without the tool.

Great that worked just wondering where is the pixel slider in dcs now.

Options menu, far right is a VR tab

Has it arrived yet Kuky? I am thinking about a 2nd one for dogfighting etc.

Not yet... maybe sometime later this week :)

EDIT: YES! IT JUST GOT DELIVERED THIS MORNING !!!! :bounce:

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...