SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

hi

the g-force effect (usb mode) what dos this do?

I turned it on but it did nothing -is there a mode that will work for people without the jet seat thing ?

I use x2 butt kickers

Hi Adrian,

g-force effect works in usb mode with JetSeats only.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey andre. yesterday was the first time i started to work with simshaker software.

my first step is to work with the bass shaker before i connect the jetseat.

at first all audio where the subwoofer audio out was default and all audio was going to the shaker

i like the feeling that there is low rumble all the time due to audio

and sound module effects kicked in along with the defualt audio.

WOW!

it felt good until, i set all audio to be defaulted to the oculus rift headset.

now i can hear all audio in the headset, but now the bass shaker only works on the preloaded effects.

i guess 3rd party apps like voicemeeter and audio cables will allow me to have all audio sent to both the shaker and oculus rift along with sound module running to kick in the effects?

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

^^^

You need to get a second sound card (use different brand/manufacturer - I mean don't get 2x creative Hi-Fi or something, make sure they are different chipset, otherwise driver will work for only 1 - its issue I has with my system... I have 3 sound cards by the way, 1 for DCS, 1 for headset (Ventrilo/TS) and 1 for SimShaker)

No longer active in DCS...

hey andre. yesterday was the first time i started to work with simshaker software.

my first step is to work with the bass shaker before i connect the jetseat.

at first all audio where the subwoofer audio out was default and all audio was going to the shaker

i like the feeling that there is low rumble all the time due to audio

and sound module effects kicked in along with the defualt audio.

WOW!

it felt good until, i set all audio to be defaulted to the oculus rift headset.

now i can hear all audio in the headset, but now the bass shaker only works on the preloaded effects.

i guess 3rd party apps like voicemeeter and audio cables will allow me to have all audio sent to both the shaker and oculus rift along with sound module running to kick in the effects?

I'm using VoiceMeeter Banana to merge 'gameaudio' with simshaker audio. Somewhere in this thread, there should be a tutorial on how to setup voicemeeter...

Edited by f4l0

I'm using VoiceMeeter Banana to merge 'gameaudio' with simshaker audio. Somewhere in this there, there should be a tutorial on how to setup voicemeeter...

i found a solution to what i needed to do.

not as flexible as voicemeeter but this procedure works for me..

and kuky.. im using a UCA202 usb audio interface by behringer. working for me!

basically i needed mirrored audio to go to the oculus rift and UCA202 which is output to my shakers.

so not only i get mirrored game audio to both the rift headset and shaker, but the simshaker effects kicks in when the simshaker library effects are triggered.

Edited by hannibal

Voicemeeter allows you to add EQs thus in my setup, high frequency stuff is filtered and not passed to my transducer.

i have a soundstream EQ to adjust and filter out high frequences, and my crown amp that i use to push my buttkicker LFe also has a low pass filter.

did u buy voicemeeter?

i rather not have to buy anything.

what ever im doing is simple.

i hope oculus rift will have the audio mirroring in a future update.

also, i read in forums that voicemeeter has a significant lag.

Edited by hannibal

Yes I donated to them, since they are putting at least the same effort in their tool as Andre and I did for SimShaker...

You can try out VoiceMeeter Banana without charge.

The lag is ok, you can adjust the timings/delay of all speakers/channels

I get this error on autostart of Simshaker:

simerror.jpg

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows 			: 10.0.10586.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
clr.dll 			: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
dfdll.dll 			: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll 			: 10.0.10586.0 (th2_release.151029-1700)

SOURCES
Deployment url			: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/Startup/SimShaker%20for%20DCS%20World%20and%20Falcon%20BMS.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\SimShaker for DCS World and Falcon BMS.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
	+ Shortcut format is not valid.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [24.6.2016. 15:02:08] : Activation of C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\SimShaker for DCS World and Falcon BMS.appref-ms| has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [24.6.2016. 15:02:08] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (InvalidShortcut)
	- Shortcut format is not valid.
	- Source: System.Deployment
	- Stack trace:
		at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.ParseAppShortcut(String shortcutFile, DefinitionIdentity& subId, Uri& providerUri)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Please help, remove & re-install doesn't help...

:helpsmilie:

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

All worked till a day or two ago...

Is there anything in Win 10 the software depends on?

So I could maybe repair it...

I already repaired .net but didn't help...

This is from my Event log:

Application: ibaEffectsForDcsWorld_WF.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
  at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
  at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
  at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
  at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
  at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
  at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
  at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(System.String)
  at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
  at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
  at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
  at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
  at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
  at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
  at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
  at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
  at ibaEffectsForDcsWorld_WF.Properties.Settings.get_Starter_ShowBalloon()
  at ibaEffectsForDcsWorld_WF.AutoStarterForm..ctor()
  at ibaEffectsForDcsWorld_WF.Program.Main(System.String[])

And another one:

Faulting application name: ibaEffectsForDcsWorld_WF.exe, version: 1.1.1.26, time stamp: 0x57349bd1
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571afb9a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000bdae8
Faulting process id: 0xa18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ce6708835a72
Faulting application path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\HV5DNK1L.K1D\QOJ56Z8R.3B8\ibae..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0001_30f3be52a921964f\ibaEffectsForDcsWorld_WF.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 39902813-30fb-4135-bbab-394bd98e5145
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I already implemented the L version. It's in the current SimShaker Beta release...

Doesn't work for me. I posted on the beta page and haven't gotten any response.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I already implemented the L version. It's in the current SimShaker Beta release...

Doesn't work for me. I posted on the beta page and haven't gotten any response.

Did you remember to close SimShaker beta and restart it?

It only updates second time you start it.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Did you remember to close SimShaker beta and restart it?

It only updates second time you start it.

Apparently the the change log for the version I have erroneously included support for the L which it doesn't have, I'll be updating when I get home tonight.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer