MFG Crosswind - Review

Stick extensions. Three sizes that you can mix and match to make it longer.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Stick extensions. Three sizes that you can mix and match to make it longer.

That has nothing to do with the extra electronics. All you need is a PS2 extension cable.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That has nothing to do with the extra electronics. All you need is a PS2 extension cable.

Yup. Just passing along what Milan told me. He may have other plans (MAKE A NEW GIMBAL, Milan! :D:D)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

What exactly is this indicating?

Is Milan planning on replacing the sensors of the warthog stick?

What are the advantages?

No, is not for replace sensors in Warthog, because the sensors in this joysticks is "3D" - mix X and Y axis. The solution in picture use one individual sensor per axis.

Accord their blog SIMM8rge and sensors is target for DIY.

Can be used for example for replace the obsolete 8 bits controller and pot' of CH Fighterstick, or Tm Cougar.

Or some DIY in what the owner want use Warthog/Cougar grip. The picture is for show that SIMM8rge is compatible "PnP" with Warthog/Cougar grips (use shift register).

Love my new pedals

Received my new pedals a week ago - Milan provides great customer service and was very responsive during the ordering & shipping process.

Out of the box the pedals were plug & play; after some use in DCS I had cause to increase the FIR filter on the MLX from 2 to 3 due to spurious inputs. Worked a treat. One trap: when trying to apply this setting the MFG Configurator tool errored out with "KBETA TOO HIGH" - per the MLX datasheet KBETA is a parameter for 3D joystick functions and not applicable in the case of the MFG Crosswind. KBETA defaults to 1.8 in the MFG software tool and after setting it to "0" I was able to write the new settings to the chip.

The pedal base is very slippery on carpet, so I used cable ties to secure the pedals to a rubber mat - very secure, able to apply full force to pedals without undue torsion of pedal base (see attached images for example). If you are purchasing these pedals, consider how you are going to mount them - they have stand offs to mount against a wall, but if you're not going to place them against a wall please consider how you are going to secure them.

Excellent quality, great customer service, fantastic value for money. I suppose this isn't news to anyone reading this, but I feel obligated to report given the excellent quality of the sales experience and received goods :) Cannot recommend highly enough. Thanks mate!

700027941_Photo29-06-201644356PM.thumb.jpg.04e399863bee5e88c44efe2cdf48214d.jpg

1193967604_Photo29-06-201644422PM.thumb.jpg.e935d5410ce392c11282d3dfc6fb4b42.jpg

• Like 1

BTW - In MFG soft 2.15 are the manual for SIMM8rge USB Controller.

http://mfg.simundza.com/assets/downloads/MFG%20Software%20package%20V2.15.zip

Some interesting features:

Up to 128 buttons - with extender cards - in DCS for example.

Four Melexis MLX90333 (digital mode) in 3D mode with swing magnet (like in Warthog stick) or 2D mode with turn or sliding magnets.

Compatible too with analog axis - potentiometers, HALL sensor in analog mode.

Edited by Sokol1_br

If you are purchasing these pedals, consider how you are going to mount them - they have stand offs to mount against a wall, but if you're not going to place them against a wall please consider how you are going to secure them.

Mine are velcroed to the base plate in my pit but I really should bolt them down.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

mfg

I cant remember when i got mine but it was sometime in march or april and tonight i finally got them together...I had to sit back and just look at them with a lil drinkypoo..Sooo pretty..

For some off reason my pic uploaded upside down..

mfg.thumb.jpg.15d5ed9790d12488f65d3658cccf555a.jpg

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

Now they just need do a CAM gimbal for this MFG SiMM8Rge. :)

Simm8rge-sensors-warthog.jpg

By wires, this sensors work in digital BUS.

http://mfg.simundza.com/blog/new-software-and-firmware-for-all-mfg-devices-released/

Crickey!

The best grip with..... the best... Frrt! Could this be my dream come true? :D

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Crickey!

The best grip with..... the best... Frrt! Could this be my dream come true? :D

That would be awesome!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That would be awesome!!

would it not be supremacy dburne?

Am I wrong in my thought process?

Is there a sniff of perfection in the air?:D

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Hi, after my "adventures" (topic is here http://il2forum.pl/index.php/topic,17753.0.html in Polish) with Combat Saitek Rudder Pedals (I used it from 5 years) I met Milan's product from Croatia: MFG Crosswind.

Now MFG starts to produce the new model (2016) of this rudder pedals in Bf-109 style: grey and medium grey.

I recived Today the first unit of this new line. The weight is near 5-6 kg and quality looks amazing .

Orginal photos:

graphite-_aprpenw.jpg

graphite-_aprpeea.jpg

The website of MFG, more: http://mfg.simundza.com/products

Received unit (not setup yet):

MFG-Cross_apenxsr.jpg

MFG-Cross_apenxss.jpg

MFG-Cross_apenxsn.jpg

Plus the movie after unboxing:

PAFRWIV4jQU

Regards.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

How do these differ from the old Crosswinds? Just colour?

They certainly look better in this colour scheme IMO.

That is all I see. The pedal is identical to what we have.

That is all I see. The pedal is identical to what we have.

Yep, it's a new graphite/black color that we start producing now in August. It's just the color and a slight, barely noticable redesign of the footrests ( grey models produced since May also have this slight redesign on footrests but nothing dramatic).

Starting from August we offer a color option - customers can choose to buy in mild grey or graphite color.... will update our website regarding news

Enjoy

Milan

New color looks great !

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Currency is Euro. This is actually clearly stated everywhere on the site, from the first page to the order page:

E.g. on first page:

"€ 256.00 / € 320 for EU Incl. VAT"

On order page:

Region Price Transit time

EU 1 - Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia 18 € 2-4 days

EU 2 - All EU Countries except EU 1 and EU 3 22 € 3-6 days

EU 3 - Finland, Greece, Bulgaria, Rumunia, Norway 43 € 5-8 days

United States, Switzerland 62 € 5-10 days

Rest of World 80 € 6-12 days

Yep it was clearly stated except that I never have any dealings with currency other than the US so I had no idea what that symbol represented... I looked up Croatian currency and saw something completely different so considering this is a lot of cash I wanted to make CERTAIN what I was dealing with..

Thank you for the info...

So basically $286 plus shipping of $69...

Still wondering if there are any US distributors.. ?

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

So basically $286 plus shipping of $69...

Sounds about right - about what I paid as well here in the States. They are well worth the dollars, the quality of these pedals are excellent.

Still wondering if there are any US distributors.. ?

I don't think so, I have never seen any mention of anyone. Milan sells directly, and trust me from my experience with him, the ordering process is very painless and the communication throughout is excellent. I have never seen anyone complain at all about the ordering process and delivery of the product.

Don B

So it is black or Storm Trooper white.

At the end of the day it is the mechanics that count..... any news on the stick? :D

Would love to have a set in the black, however since I own a set that would be a serious extravagance, I am actually more interested in the F-16 style pedals, if that option is still in the works.

Very happy with my Storm Trooper white... in a couple of years they will be rare.