4k UDH TV discussion/ help

get R9 295x2 or Radeon Duo - I can run 6K with 3 views rendered simultaneously on 120 - 160fps - you'll need fast hdd, CPU and memory to feed it though - the cards are data hungry and bottleneck can lower the performance significantly. 4K is absolutely no sweat even with everything on max

get R9 295x2 or Radeon Duo - I can run 6K with 3 views rendered simultaneously on 120 - 160fps - you'll need fast hdd, CPU and memory to feed it though - the cards are data hungry and bottleneck can lower the performance significantly. 4K is absolutely no sweat even with everything on max

Whot is your gain with Cross Fire configuration?

Single GPU vs 2xCF in FPS same res?

If CF is worth it now we can think about to buy 2 RX 480 8GB 230$ and connect it in CF.

the r9 295x2 is single card and it's not using crossfire. I've tried some xfire configurations with r290 and r390 and it was substantial boost. I'm not sure how the 490 would behave as I haven't tried it yet. the CF on ATI is via PCI link so it's lot more flexible and reliable

295 is crossfire unless you disable it in which case it will be no different to a 290x.

That's a myth somebody spread around to harm the cards reputation but it's complete unadulterated BS - 295x2 is NOT crossfire and there is no magic tick box you could disable to reduce the performance down to single r290 (I have had it for almost 2 years now). It's a single card

• Like 2

Oh dear. Its a single physical card but it has two cores on it. It saves you the hassle of installing 2 cards in your system and comes in a very neat watercooled package but it really is no different to having 2 separate 290x cards in two different slots.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Oh dear. Its a single physical card but it has two cores on it. It saves you the hassle of installing 2 cards in your system and comes in a very neat watercooled package but it really is no different to having 2 separate 290x cards in two different slots.

Sorry - I have the card here and what you are saying is wrong. where are you getting that nonsense from?

Just lol. And I thought you were some kind of hardware enthusiast?!

Its too painful to do it on my phone so ill post some links later when I get home. Prepare to backtrack furiously.

I thought you must have read it somewhere, I'm certain if you ever owned the card you would know it's just not true. I'm trying (with the real card - not just reading stuff) and what you are saying is just not adding up in any way with what you are saying

I thought you must have read it somewhere, I'm certain if you ever owned the card you would know it's just not true. I'm trying (with the real card - not just reading stuff) and what you are saying is just not adding up in any way with what you are saying

Rage is correct. The r9 295x2 is a dual GPU car and it uses crossfire to enable both.

• Like 2

The AMD Radeon R9 295X2 is a single card that uses two Radeon R9 290X graphics processors (GPUs) in tandem to provide astonishingly high graphics performance. The R9 295X2 has 8GB of graphics memory in total, but this is shared between the two GPUs, with each having access to 4,096MB. Even so, 4,096MB is an impressive amount of graphics memory for a single GPU card, so having that amount available for each GPU is a boon. The memory runs at 1,250MHz, which isn’t particularly fast, but isn’t slow either, and we certainly had no complaints.

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 side

As the card squeezes so many high-end components into such a small area it gets very hot, and the R9 295X2 uses liquid cooling to combat this heat. This means that if you buy the R9 295X2 you’ll have to make sure you can accommodate the card’s external radiator and fan, as well as the card itself, in your case. The liquid cooler is audible but fairly quiet.

To make use of the two GPUs in the R9 295X2 you must enable CrossFire mode, but this is no more difficult than enabling the option in AMD Catalyst Control Centre, the driver-cum-setup utility for all AMD Radeon graphics cards.

The AMD Radeon R9 295X2 is a single card that uses two Radeon R9 290X graphics processors (GPUs) in tandem to provide astonishingly high graphics performance. The R9 295X2 has 8GB of graphics memory in total, but this is shared between the two GPUs, with each having access to 4,096MB. Even so, 4,096MB is an impressive amount of graphics memory for a single GPU card, so having that amount available for each GPU is a boon. The memory runs at 1,250MHz, which isn’t particularly fast, but isn’t slow either, and we certainly had no complaints.

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 side

As the card squeezes so many high-end components into such a small area it gets very hot, and the R9 295X2 uses liquid cooling to combat this heat. This means that if you buy the R9 295X2 you’ll have to make sure you can accommodate the card’s external radiator and fan, as well as the card itself, in your case. The liquid cooler is audible but fairly quiet.

To make use of the two GPUs in the R9 295X2 you must enable CrossFire mode, but this is no more difficult than enabling the option in AMD Catalyst Control Centre, the driver-cum-setup utility for all AMD Radeon graphics cards.

So what you are saying is that single r9 290 (if what you stated would be true) can significantly outperform the brand new GTX 1080 with no sweat??? Come on, you can't be serious :D - because with solo card I always have the xfire tick off and if you are right it would be pretty embarrassing for nvidia and all the review sites.

This is the card running 6 HD projectors in totals resolution of 5760 x 2160 (bit over FULL 4K) simultaneously rendering 3 views covering 270º by 100º with everything pretty much on max with over 60 - 90 FPS ... please tell me the story how it is just crossfire r290 (xfire was off and it doesn't work with P3D anyways)

I can see how some of the stuff can confuse people if you actually never seen the card. Yes - it's based on r9 290 but it's the same difference as having 2 single core CPUs or 1 dual core CPU (it might be little bit easier to understand it if you look at it this way)

What's the hardware / cockpit / from this video ?

Oh my God, it looks awesome.

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

they do have a smaller 180deg FOV setup that's cheaper IIRC.

• Like 2

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

yes its about a grand for the canvas and about 3 more grands for the projectors.

yep, Edit: actually it's $2000Usd including 2x projectors)

From the point of the thread (4K gaming) it is perfectly doable and pretty good fun. even r9 390x can handle dcs in 4K and multiple views (with some eye candy down of course) if you want to run 8K system you need radeon duo and 12K is a slideshow no matter what :D. I think nvidia will be able to do good 4K as soon as the new pascal API gets implemented (at the moment I haven't had much luck with it). On the other hand nvidia is more advanced with the nvidia 3D vision which is interesting as well.

Edited by zahry

• 5 months later...

current 1080 and titan X (not pascal) is perfectly capable of running DCS on highest settings in 4K at mostly 60fps

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

• 3 months later...

Small update on this. Recently I got 1080Ti, which according to tests is even faster than Titan X. I can confirm, that in Nevada map, having absolutely everything maxed out, over Vegas fps are not dropping below 50 fps, averaging around 60-70 in 4k. For Caucasus map and its older engine, it is another story. When I maxed up everything, I got only 20 fps :doh:

PS I wonder how Normandy map will do comparing with Nevada...

current 1080 and titan X (not pascal) is perfectly capable of running DCS on highest settings in 4K at mostly 60fps

Edited by Lehmen

Should be better. I think the new maps are much better at shifting the load over to the GPU.

It can better with some settings tweaking, but for me there is not much sense doing that, my screen only support 60Hz at 4k.

Ok, yet again I'm drifting towards swapping my 5670 x 1080 Triple screen setup with a 4K 55" TV

The main reason for this is I'm fed up with Bezels and like an idiot I purchased monitors without VESA mounts, so it makes it almost impossible to match up, the other issue is i find it can be a struggle sometimes to get games to work at 5670 x 1080 resolution as I find UIs and FOV quite often don't work well. I'm hoping a single TV will work easier with all games even at the higher resolution of a 4K TV

So I have a couple of choices that I'm looking at.

A. Change 3 x monitors to 1 x Samsung 55KU6100 4K TV http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6060910

B. Upgrade 3 x non VESA monitors to 3 x AOC Q2577PWQ 25" http://www.wired2fire.co.uk/flight-sim/ultra-triple-screen-monitor-kit-ultra-thin-bezel.html

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: