F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Anti Gravity will be awesome too! We might have to wait a little longer for that as well,,,,

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Anti Gravity will be awesome too! We might have to wait a little longer for that as well,,,,

:megalol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lates update, June 2016:

--------------------------------

There will be many updates, news and pictures throughout this month, as promised.

I'm still interested in those.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

latest?cb=20130323125151

I only check the thread when I see updates because I'm sadistic. Haha, and maybe one time it'll actually be finished

• Like 2

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Come on mate, give us something to chew on

• Like 2

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Serious thought though, there are a lot of recent announcements from 3rd part developers on aircraft being released in the "near" future that we haven't heard any progress on any control stick of throttle grips for on this thread. I know he's said he's planning on releasing something for every module. If it's possible, I'm sure I"m not the only one who'd like to hear some news on the newer module announcements and their grips coming down the pipe.

There was a graphic a while back with a bunch of the prototype mock ups a while back, can we get a new one of those?

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

It will be a pretty large tragedy if when the community gets an f18 from ED, a larger company releases a stick and throttle they way they did with a certain other CAS aircraft and they gobble up the prospective market due to delays.

Sent while I should be working instead.

Hi all.

Getting back up to speed after a 6 month absence so forgive for the last renders instead of prototypes. But I have dozens of different product prototypes to assemble and I'd rather spend the time actually assembling them, then taking pictures of parts or semi finished units.

You all know I've been blabbering on and on about the importance of developing a bunch of stuff simultaneously instead of a single product, and I've done just that. Still I don't see other small companies producing their completely new additions to their lineup of products. They all have great stuff, but it's either pedals, extensions, joysticks etc. Great stuff, sells like cupcakes but several years later, still the same lineup, only modifications and improvements. I am not bashing, just explaining my way, and regardless of anyone's opinion, I plan my business on facts, and the facts told me go this way, or forever be a guy making F-18 sticks, in a garage, for a hotas base that is bound to be outdated at a certain point.

So, before my 6 month planned absence, I've been very busy prototyping everything. The list is too long, I'll post as many renders I can find. These renders are the last 5% of the work before machining, what you're not seeing is the 95% of the work I have to do to keep it cheap and even more important manufacturable, so don't think these are just pretty graphics. All I have to do is press machine start and an hour later I have that very product in hand.

So here's what you'll see from me in the next 6-12 months, piece by piece (not all at once!):

F-18 grips

You know everything, they're ready to go, I just need to see how I can couple them up with my own hotas, again to unify the parts and processes. They are going to be cheap, If you had to take a guess you'd be waay over. However, after simplifying every other manufacturing process, turns out these grips are the most complex thing here. Don't be mad if there'll be other products for sale before them because other products is exactly what will pay for your cheap grips.

General purpose aviation panel (for FC3)2_zpsgliaqynp.jpg~original

Excuse the missing landing gear and tail hook levers. Just another example of why I do multiple developments at once. It took several other products to develop a unified lever mechanism for them all, which speeds up manufacturing, which brings down pricing and drives volume up. Now I'm not the only one who can do this, but you might be farmiliar that single panels/buttons boxes go for 200-300$, I am aiming for 99$, again not really possible on it's own, but with a dozen other products, very possible. With some help from developers, we can make it truly plug'n'play like the warthog.

PRO aviation panels (for DCS)

1ab_zpsvhbstxfc.jpg~original

I started on the A-10 but that thing is a monster, I may have to switch to the F-18 or any other available model because they're at least 4x less complex. And again, you A-10 guys would have to pay a gazillion bucks for something like this if I only did the A-10, but other modules are what's going to pay for your cheap A-10 panels, even if I make them at a slight loss.

General WWII aviation panels

These will be toned down versions of the pro WWII panels.

(see example below)

PRO WWII aviation panels

2_zpszq6a69ct.jpg~original

These will be full blown left/right panels, every single command functional even the rolling canopy open/close, clamp to your desk, put on a stand once you're finished and be the coolest friend to come over for a beer to. Each side will be cheaper then a couple generic button boxes available today. Started with P-51 because it's at least 4x more complex than any other WWII cockpit I looked at, so it gives me the worst case scenario pricing.

WWII plane specific 'hotas'

4_zps4lfimxvw.jpg~original

Hotas units for those who are on the budget and can't afford the whole deal. Joystick+throttle. Dirt cheap (compared to what's available today), full replica, industrial quality.Plug'n'play.

Instruments, for everything eventually.

1aabb_zps6p9tcejg.jpg~original

Working mechanical instruments, including digit counters for modern jets.

I think I'll stop now because there's too much. And before all the questions will you make this or that, or how are you going to make them plug'n'play etc. I haven't taken any money, just let me work and we both reap the benefits for the next 10 years. My road as a one man show are over, I'm getting a manufacturing partner and involving other people so I might go quiet for a month or two again, BUT I'll be assembling and testing prototypes instead of making pretty pictures so you won't be disappointed.

Save

Save

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

WOW!

F/A-18 panels would be awesome

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

And of course, take it with a bit of logic, or a grain of salt. This is a huge amount of work, I'll start with the simplest stuff, single product, obviously teams will be needed for certain areas, prices might be higher for early adopters to help speed up production. But you asked for updates, and this is what is being worked on. Worst case scenario I make 5% of it in the next year and it'll still be huge. So sit, relax, enjoy the free show.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

And of course, take it with a bit of logic, or a grain of salt. This is a huge amount of work, I'll start with the simplest stuff, single product, obviously teams will be needed for certain areas, prices might be higher for early adopters to help speed up production. But you asked for updates, and this is what is being worked on. Worst case scenario I make 5% of it in the next year and it'll still be huge. So sit, relax, enjoy the free show.

Nice update Hegykc, some of us have kept the faith.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

What happened to the track clip?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry...just couldn't resist....

Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high,

There's a land that I heard of

Once in a lullaby.

Skies are blue,

And the dreams that you dare to dream

Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far

Behind me.

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me.

Bluebirds fly.

Birds fly over the rainbow.

Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly

Beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why can't I?

Do hope it all comes true,or some of it.

jgVplRQ.png

Just too good to be true... Promises are cheap. Just try to get something real to READY , these endless render pictures are just hilarious ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is one major and great undertaking, I truly wish you all the best and you turn this into viable business. I have only one "concern" and that is possible downside of VR taking over the flight sim market... time will tell. I would really love to have a good working pit say, for MiG-29 or Su-27, or even F/A-18, your project could make it a reality. Wish you good luck.

No longer active in DCS...