Black Shark 2 upgrade and DCS World

I have a copy of Black Shark 2 which I purchased in 2012. This was the upgrade version since I had Black Shark 1. I went to install it however it is asking that I install the latest version of DCS World.

I had thought I accidentally deleted the black shark 2, when I upgraded my computer, and since then I have downloaded DCS World via Steam along with DCS - SU25 and DCS - A-10A.

Am I able to install Black Shark 2 (upgrade) knowing that DCS-World is installed via Steam as I do not want to two copies of DCS World on my computer and I dont really want to pay an extra $39 to get the DCS-Black Shark 2 DLC from steam. Can anyone advise me on this situation please.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

I never purchased Black Shark for DCS World. I still have the original BS1 updated and patched to the latest, ditto with BS2, and when DCS World came around I had a free update that allows me to fly my BS2 in DCS World.

A lot of people told me I had to buy the new install---they were wrong.

I put all my installation folders I used to upgrade in my My Documents stash as back up. Do not know if they would actually function correctly if I wanted to do a total system rebuild. For $40 or whatever they charge I probably would just upgrade the newbie install for World.

I don't use DCS using Steam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Black Shark 2 Upgrade does not work with the Steam version of DCS World. Without hacking it into place (which would not update correctly), your options are to either migrate your installation to a non-Steam version (where the BS2 Upgrade will work as well as your keys from Steam) or purchase BS2 on Steam.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I guess if there is not solutions to this, then I will have to bite the bullet and either download DCS World from ED, and have two version of DCS World on my computer, or I just buy the module for my steam version.

Thanks to those that have replied so far.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

wait for a sale and get KA-50 2 Full License for $10-14.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

i am new to DCS and have bought a bundle which contains BS1. I downloaded the patch from BS1 to BS2 but it seems, that i need to buy an upgrade key. Where can i buy it? It is still available? I have searched the whole DCS site and only found the complete BS2 key.

Hi all,

i am new to DCS and have bought a bundle which contains BS1. I downloaded the patch from BS1 to BS2 but it seems, that i need to buy an upgrade key. Where can i buy it? It is still available? I have searched the whole DCS site and only found the complete BS2 key.

The BS2 Upgrade is Listed as Out of Stock.

Your best option is to wait for one of the seasonal sales and purchase a BS2 Key outright (usually like $10-15 ish), which is cheaper than what the upgrade option was, and less hassle with installing BS1 then BS2, etc etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Time to fill the cart ;)

20% off.....YIHAAAA

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I never purchased Black Shark for DCS World. I still have the original BS1 updated and patched to the latest, ditto with BS2, and when DCS World came around I had a free update that allows me to fly my BS2 in DCS World.

A lot of people told me I had to buy the new install---they were wrong.

I put all my installation folders I used to upgrade in my My Documents stash as back up. Do not know if they would actually function correctly if I wanted to do a total system rebuild. For $40 or whatever they charge I probably would just upgrade the newbie install for World.

I don't use DCS using Steam.

You couldn't buy BS2 before DCS world.

• 1 month later...

So, is there any option to make the following work?

I have the steam app "Black Shark 1" and a "Blackshark 2 upgrade version" (non steam).

On steam i installed Black Shark 1 and DCS World.

Is there any possibility to use my non-steam serial and register Black Shark 2 Upgrade in steam?

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

So, is there any option to make the following work?

I have the steam app "Black Shark 1" and a "Blackshark 2 upgrade version" (non steam).

On steam i installed Black Shark 1 and DCS World.

Is there any possibility to use my non-steam serial and register Black Shark 2 Upgrade in steam?

I'm pretty sure you can no longer use any non-steam keys with steam because the steam guys no longer sync new keys.

You're going to have to use BS2 with the non-steam version of DCS.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I'm pretty sure you can no longer use any non-steam keys with steam because the steam guys no longer sync new keys.

You're going to have to use BS2 with the non-steam version of DCS.

The BS2 Upgrade never worked with Steam even before they dropped support for ED purchased keys.

The only option for Steam and BS2 is to purchase a BS2 key from Steam.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks. I have to wait for a sale...

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->