Question for TM Warthog owners

Hey guys,

Is it normal for there to be a little slop, allowing the joystick to be twisted slightly? (Same axis as if you had twist rudder).

I've noticed this in mine lately... it's not much, (maybe 1/16-1/8" total travel) but I'm wondering how common this is. I should add that I'm the 2nd owner of this stick, and haven't had it long, so I don't know if it came this way or not.

Also, I'm fairly familiar with the disassembly of the stick, but am not certain what actually prevents the stick from being twisted. Is it just the rectangular magnet piece being seated inside of the ball joint that stops the ability to twist it (see pic below)?

TM_Warthog_13.jpg

I would say that it is normal.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Mine has been that way since I bought it new over 2 years ago.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Mine on the other hand has no twist movement at all and is silky smooth in all directions..Aint I lucky ..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Mine has some twist aswell,it's not much something like 2 or 3 millimeters on the top. Propably every WH stick has some twist in it,some more and some less....and a few lucky ones seem to have none at all (yet)^^

It's nothing to worry about aslong as its only some millimeters. Somewhere I've read that someone had like 20 or 30 degrees twist,but he got it replaced by Thrustmaster. There was something snapped off in the inside.

Mine has some twist aswell,it's not much something like 2 or 3 millimeters on the top. Propably every WH stick has some twist in it,some more and some less....and a few lucky ones seem to have none at all (yet)^^

It's nothing to worry about aslong as its only some millimeters. Somewhere I've read that someone had like 20 or 30 degrees twist,but he got it replaced by Thrustmaster. There was something snapped off in the inside.

Thanks for the reply... I won't let it bother me then. It's really minimal in my case anyway, probably 1mm total travel.

• 2 weeks later...