Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• ED Team

Black Shark 2 Released

DUXFORD, UK, November 2nd, 2011 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics have released the new benchmark in PC air combat simulation with the release of “Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark 2”. “DCS: Black Shark 2” is a simulation of the Russian Ka-50 attack helicopter and the next entry in the Digital Combat Simulator combat series. "DCS: Black Shark 2" is a greatly improved version of the original "DCS: Black Shark" that brings many new features.

The Ka-50 "Black Shark" is a unique and deadly single-seat, Russian attack helicopter that has seen combat in the Northern Caucasus. It combines a high performance dual rotor system with a deadly weapons payload of guided missiles, rockets, bombs, and a 30mm cannon. The Ka-50 is also unique in that it has an ejection seat.

The "DCS: Black Shark 2" upgrade requires "DCS: Black Shark" and is available for $19.99. "DCS: Black Shark 2" is also available as a full product at $39.99. Both versions can be purchased online at:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

Improvements over the original "DCS: Black Shark" include:

• Updated Mission Editor with many new features

• New air, land, and sea AI units at incredible levels of detail

• Improved AI for a smarter, more realistic behavior

• Expanded map area to the east to include Tbilisi and location of the 2008 Georgian War

• Dynamic weather with variable weather fronts, winds, and precipitation

• Improved graphics effects like HDR

• Improved low level terrain graphics like grass, bushes, tree shadows and high resolution textures provide a better sense of speed when hugging the Earth

• New campaign based on a follow-on to the 2008 Georgian War

• Network compatibility with "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

• Dynamic shadows in cockpit

• Improved 3D model of Ka-50 cockpit

• Fast mission generator to easily and quickly generate missions

• Takeoff and landings from pitching and rolling ships according to wind speed and direction

• Radio messages from all other friendly flights helps makes the battlefield come to life

• Improved FARP textures

“DCS: Black Shark 2” is internally developed by Eagle Dynamics for The Fighter Collection. Further information can be found at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Edited by Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can download without purchasing a license, but you cannot activate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Do the owners of Black Shark 1 have to download the Patch product, or can we download the whole thing?

You can purchase patch or full, up to your preference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Wow! Definitely upgrading my shark, although due to work and family life (6 year old son) I have very little time to enjoy A-10 or BS but this is well worth the $20 upgrade price:thumbup:

thanks ED keep up the good work! Sure wish these great sims were around before I got a family:music_whistling:

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Purchasing the BS2 upgrade to BS, it will create a new install with a new exe and set of activations.

People with BS should always buy and download the update version. Keys from the BS2 update will not work with the full version. The update version is the same as full version but it checks if BS has been installed and it costs a lot less.

Edited by Wags

Black Shark 2 released

This was kept very quiet, or have I just not been looking in the right places? Compatible with DCS A10-C, that's a whole lotta fun!!

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=135&scr=products&lang=en

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1317706#post1317706

I'm just too busy to take it on just now (redundancy, sorting out my life!), but it is top of my ToDo list as soon as I've sorted out some priorities.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80907

Edited by andyfoot
  • Like 1