The Mi-8TV2 Livery thread

joey45

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
Hello guys,

I need help or advice for this... How can I, or is there way anyway, to make first two windows on fuselage covered with skin how is here on picture? So, I wanna to make textures goes over window where is that white circle with red cross? Is that possible? I've tryed to find specular texture of fuselage windows, or something like that, but no succes... Can anyone help me? Or maybe there is only one unique texture and specular for all windows, so if I make that, all will be overpainted?

Thank you.

mi8.jpg

I would guess that you need to change alpha channel for the windows to opaque in photoshop or gimp or whatever software you are using.

• 2 weeks later...

YoYo

Awesome skin and videos, I did some ops out of Eagle, into ghanzi and Khost. Nice memories and great inserts for us.

I'm glad You like it.

As You wish :)

F6IEAAtDods

I hope next Belsimtek project after the Sabre not Cobra but Hind :).

+ extra bike :D :

LQpZNnVtFIQ

9LyJ7Jx41CA

Where can I get these skins?

Nowhere yet. Gotta play with the recently released roughmet-patch. Maybe the skins look better with these textures. But atm I have not much time to do it.

I'll release 'em when I'm happy with it. ;)

Edited by SgtRob

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I create, or rather modify, the painting package for Mi-8 inspired by machines used by Polish Air Forces.

However, I have a problem - just like improving a few elements (pilots' texture, fuselage or interior plating) wasn't difficult, that changing the look of the gunners and KORD mechine gun is beyond my capabilities.

Textures aren't problem. I find orignals and easy modified them, but I dont have any ideas what commands in description is necessary for load modified, not basic files.

PS - I have heard rumors that by modifying the description file you can force the game to fire not only changed skins, but also 3D elements - here comes another question - are there commands responsible for removing the rear loading door?

Edited by Talbot_pl

Hello, i saw that trough the liveries codes you can select to add the EVU when you select that skin, but is there any way to remove them when they're added?

And you can remove the sight of the cockpit when you're ingame?

Thanks! Love the skins that i saw here!!

• 3 months later...

You can indeed remove some elements visibility (I think the actual weight for the helo mass will be added anyway), using some simple script line that points to the ID of that object inside the liveries script.

You can find this info playing around in the Model Viewer, the custom arguments/IDs are displayed there so with some research you might find what you are looking for.

Sadly elements like the IR Jammer or Dust Filters have not an unique ID so, I think, can not be hidden, so far, by this method to create a complete civilian livery :(.

You might find what you are looking for here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200876

Best