Need help from Russian guys.

Stratos

Hello!!

I'm planning a trip to Moscow + St.Petersburg in June, and will love to visit Monino museum near Moscow, but the sites I visited say that the museum is closed for foreigners. Anyone in Russian can tell me If this is true?

Thanks!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Hello!!

I'm planning a trip to Moscow + St.Petersburg in June, and will love to visit Monino museum near Moscow, but the sites I visited say that the museum is closed for foreigners. Anyone in Russian can tell me If this is true?

Thanks!

Go with Russian friends and keep silent. )

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

yes it possible.. Guides speak russian only :(

Not true.

When I went there, a English-speaking, very nice and friendly bomber pilot was the guide, and told us amazing curiosities and information about pretty much all aircraft there. In addition, almost all (if not all) exibits have English description attached to the signs, so even if you can't get a English-speaking guide, you'll still be able to learn quite a lot of stuff.

And other thing: there is an English edition of the Museum's book, with loads of info about everything there, and more than any guide will tell you. It's not perfect Oxford English, it has some really minor mistakes here and there, but it's still totally worth it.

Look, in Monino you'll see what you'll never see at Duxford or any museum in the West: Russian aviation and engineering at its best.

If you can, don't miss it. I assure you that you'll not regreat :smilewink:

Maybe.

Still, going there twice, you're a perfect example that it's worth going there at least once, if possible more :D

But being lucky or not, there's still the possibility, so it's worth trying. Russian is quite similar to my mother tongue (Brazillian Portuguese) when it comes to pronounce, and I believe Spanish is somewhat close as well. So basically, if you can't learn Russian, at least do it Parrot-style and remember how to ask for what you want (on this case, an English-speaking guide), and some possibilities of questions they might make when answering.

It's not a solution, but can do it if you're not planning to stay for the duration. For the sake of your brain sanity, you wouldn't like to be exposed to some real mindf*cks Russian grammar hides behind that innocent cyrillic alphabet :music_whistling:

Best thing, however, would be to have a contact in Russia that could help you with any possible issues.