Noteworthy Crash Fix

=SCoRPioN=

no - one is saying the software is dodgy, even IE has been known to set the DEP off on occasion, a driver can do it also... its just something which happens.

I leave mine set as the default "turn on for windows and essential services only' and have had very little trouble with it

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

DEP Will nix the running process if it accesses and uses excessive amounts of system memory within certain parameters.

Edited by SkateZilla
spell check, I swear Chrome is changing some of my words around.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Windows Event Viewer (Event Viewer\ windows logs/ Application) will record most crashes, and DCS has a Logs Folder in the (Windows 7_64 bit... Start/ personal folder name/ Saved Games) containing more comprehensive error logs.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 1 month later...

Crashes after A10 installed

Hi,

It seems I am not the frustrated user.. I have installed the DCS world, and no flying/performance issues, all works flawlessly. I installed A10, all downloaded no issues.

Started the game, selected the Training Option, ( and others) got the voice, into the cockpit got the briefing, then, I started to get everything slowing down, and a strange electronic sound.

The screens become slower to refresh, to the point I had to close it. PLEASE any suggestions???

System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 5i Quad core processor, 16 mg SD ram, TWO G-Force Graphics cards, SLI.

The game is running form a internal spare HD,every thing in on the HD. NO DSC files elsewhere ie on the C Drive.

Cheers look forward to any help!!! Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Another variable regarding DEP...looks type of hardware is also into the equation (Attached pic)? Guess most CPU's have it built in these days anyway. I think choosing top option should be good unless DCS uses or accesses shared or protected memory in a non acceptable way...:music_whistling:

dep.jpg.81a32650a7d73116ad7a3d58f52dabd2.jpg

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
run in Administrator mode

Why r u running a Volkswagen Engine in a Ferrari Chassis?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.