Maverick to multiple moving targets

pdrgnn

Hi, I was able to point track a moving target using TGP, and then firing a Maverick to the moving target (it was following the moving target).

Is there any way to lock multiple moving targets? (marks?). I tried some procedures but not sucessfully...!!

Thanks and best regards

Giovanni

I dont think so (though i dont know much about the a-10).

The camera needs to see the target moving to track it (it recognises contrast difference?). If you then lock on another target the camera isnt tracking the other one anymore and can't follow it.

If you talk about multiple moving targets in the same area, like a convoy, you can slew the maverick from target to target without using the TGP. This is less precise, but if you know the number of the vehicles of the column you want to attack it is a suitable method.

If you want to track multiple moving targets in different locations, I don't know of a way. You could mark the location and note the direction the unit is heading...

The TGP simulated (LITENING II) is not able to multi-track, AFAIK.

So if you shoot at multiple movers you can do it like this:

- Lock the first one in the convoy as SPI

- slave the Mav to the SPI

- rifle!

- slightly touch your slew control towards the general direction of the end of the convoy, with a bit of luck it will instantly lock on to the next mover

- rifle!

- rinse and repeat

Thank you for your replies. I imagined that multiple tracking was not allowed... but I was confident that if a way exist, here I could have found the answer. Firing at multiple moving targets is indeed challenging, because after the first strike the remaining targets (tanks in my case) begin to move randomly out of the road...!!!

Cheers

Giovanni

Edited by pdrgnn

Hi,

I think using mark points onto moving targets is definitely not possible.

But Maverick-X and Aginor pretty said it all.

Here is a mission (not from me) that helped me a lot when I began, though I assume you built yours.

Original post where I found it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1121545&postcount=1

Just follow instructions

Cheers

Laurius

Edit : sniped & sniped again...;)

Training - 6 Mavs 6 tanks 1 pass.miz

Edited by Laurius
sniped

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Like this?

KEFQAk1aS50

Utilise mark-points.

Edit: Disregard - I misread OP regarding targets moving prior to engagement.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

From a previous post:

... If your MAV camera zooms away from the target quickly and you can't seem to slew where you want, that means your traversal velocity is too high. In other words, as the nose of your aircraft (and the mavs) moves in a line across the line of the target, your camera is unstable. The Mav doesn't have the stabilization abilities of the TGP. Try this, it works extremely well for me, and take note: you only have to manually track on the first Mav, because this one is coming off TGP slave. The next mavs just slew, autolock, rifle:

*13-15k ft, 10nm separation from target area

*TGP lock and SPI target, slave all SOI to SPI

*Line up with target

*neg 8-10 on the pitch and path autopilot

*throttles all the way back

*Let the aircraft stabilize

*Switch to Mav camera and TMS FWD Short for track (first target only)

*Fire, acquire, fire, acquire... etc.

The mav camera is much more stable. You'll still be more than 5nm away at 10k or higher and you'll have up to 6 mavs in the air.

NOW.. you don't have to use the TGP to get your target on. I've actually used the MAV head to seek a target when I didn't have a TGP loaded. Once again just give the MAV head camera a stable platform. Use the above method minus the TGP in step 2, and it will not be necessary to TMS FWD Short for track, since you aren't slaved to TGP. Don't forget to use the FOV feature of the MAV head to zoom in and out on the area to facilitate faster or slower slewing.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Thank you for your replies. I imagined that multiple tracking was not allowed... but I was confident that if a way exist, here I could have found the answer. Firing at multiple moving targets is indeed challenging, because after the first strike the remaining targets (tanks in my case) begin to move randomly out of the road...!!!

Cheers

Giovanni

Fire multiple Mavericks in one pass, so that all missles left the rail before the first one impacts, so the convoy will keep moving in formation and you can just target one vehicle after another with the Maverick camera while the TGP is locked on one of those vehicles.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Funny one that happened me recently:

Mission I had played before. Several fast moving T72's or 80's down a road. I was down to the last one and decided to watch a mav fly in on it. I lined up totally perpendicular (not the best angle to attack from but there were no other threats/targets so I didn't really mind) and slaved MAV onto the tank, RIFLE!.

Set my auto pilot and then F6 to watch my beautiful MAV home in and destroy the target. Except that the target was moving so fast a 90 degrees to where I fired from my MAV went and flew into the only building over 6 feet tall in a 100 mile radius when it was several hundred meters from the target!

I felt like such a dumb-ass :)

Dumped most of my gun into the bugger out of anger!

Hello,

i am jumping in that topic with another interesting use of the maverick.,

is possible to shoot a salvo against a unique target...like a boat for exemple. i don't think that it is possible...but if you consider that it is a ccip mode launch it should have a "number" menu available.

I don't think it's possible, since every Maverick needs to lock on a target with it's own seeker.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello,

i am jumping in that topic with another interesting use of the maverick.,

is possible to shoot a salvo against a unique target...like a boat for exemple. i don't think that it is possible...but if you consider that it is a ccip mode launch it should have a "number" menu available.

Use Forced Correlate mode, obviously against a non moving boat, that is.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Did this work out for you Giovanni?

... If your MAV camera zooms away from the target quickly and you can't seem to slew where you want, that means your traversal velocity is too high. In other words, as the nose of your aircraft (and the mavs) moves in a line across the line of the target, your camera is unstable. The Mav doesn't have the stabilization abilities of the TGP. Try this, it works extremely well for me, and take note: you only have to manually track on the first Mav, because this one is coming off TGP slave. The next mavs just slew, autolock, rifle:

*13-15k ft, 10nm separation from target area

*TGP lock and SPI target, slave all SOI to SPI

*Line up with target

*neg 8-10 on the pitch and path autopilot

*throttles all the way back

*Let the aircraft stabilize

*Switch to Mav camera and TMS FWD Short for track (first target only)

*Fire, acquire, fire, acquire... etc.

The mav camera is much more stable. You'll still be more than 5nm away at 10k or higher and you'll have up to 6 mavs in the air.

NOW.. you don't have to use the TGP to get your target on. I've actually used the MAV head to seek a target when I didn't have a TGP loaded. Once again just give the MAV head camera a stable platform. Use the above method minus the TGP in step 2, and it will not be necessary to TMS FWD Short for track, since you aren't slaved to TGP. Don't forget to use the FOV feature of the MAV head to zoom in and out on the area to facilitate faster or slower slewing.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

It is very hard to use the mav seeker to lock onto a target it slews all over the place and it is like it is broken compared to the TGP. I don't know if it is this hard in real life but I can't believe it is because before they had the TGP it was the only way to fire MAVs.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

It is very hard to use the mav seeker to lock onto a target it slews all over the place and it is like it is broken compared to the TGP. I don't know if it is this hard in real life but I can't believe it is because before they had the TGP it was the only way to fire MAVs.

Use TMS down short with the maverick seeker as SOI for an instantanious ground stabilization.

It will only work until the next aircraft input, so it's best if you have the aircraft on autopilot when you do it. It makes slewing the maverick seeker much easier/accurate.

Jib, read my post just above yours, it addresses this very challenge. You need to provide a stable platform to the seeker head.

Use the HUD and the "wagon wheel". Just TMS down to stabilize and slew the mavs over targets in rapid succession.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5