Correct load for 30mm BMP-2/BMP-3

redrooster

I did a little digging for both of these vehicles and I was wondering if anyone can speak to the accuracy of the 30mm loadouts for the BMP-2 and BMP-3? These loads are from 1.2.16, I have not been able install 1.5 beta, so if anyone knows if these issues still persist, feel free to comment.

According to the sources I could find both vehicles carry a total of 500 30mm rounds.

BMP-2 has a load of 340 HE and 161 AP rounds currently. I have read that it carries 340 HE and 160 AP rounds. So it needs one less AP round.

BMP-3 load is said to be 300 HE and 200 AP. Currently it has a load of 340 HE and 161 AP rounds, same as the BMP-2.

Haha actually no, I just noticed while in the BMP-2 that it had 161 AP rounds, and I thought that was kind of an odd number (pun intended) so it prompted me to go look up what the loadouts for it should be, and from that led me to examine the BMP-3 as well

• ED Team
Perhaps the 1 extra is the round thats loaded into the gun?

This is 1 HE round loaded to the barrel from the default HE belt.

You can check the script file Scripts\Database\Scripts\automaticgun.lua and find the description for automatic_gun_2A42:

GT_t.LN_t.automatic_gun_2A42.PL[1].ammo_capacity = 340;

GT_t.LN_t.automatic_gun_2A42.PL[1].shell_name = {"2A42_30_HE"};

GT_t.LN_t.automatic_gun_2A42.PL[2].ammo_capacity = 160;

GT_t.LN_t.automatic_gun_2A42.PL[2].shell_name = {"2A42_30_AP"};

So does that mean that guns that have a dual feed of AP and HE rounds will have one extra in the barrel round? I did some looking and noticed that the Bradley has an one of the extra AP barrel rounds, so I'm guessing this is part of the scripting for any dual feed gun? Is it done so when you take control of a vehicle you aren't always loading a gun first?

Thank you for the clarification :)