1.2.12 Audio Changes

jcbak

I haven't flown the A10C all that much in the latest Open Beta, however right off the bat, I noticed some changes to the sound of the engines and gear warning. Does anyone with real world experience have an opinion as to the authenticity of the new sounds?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Settings are the same. I'm not saying there is anything wrong. The gear alarm is totally different. There is more of a "fan" sound with the engines, which I like. It must be something on my end if you guys aren't seeing any changes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

they put back the APU and engines sounds.

I'm glad about the engines, but now the APU sounds lifeless.....

Oh well, engines are more emportant anyway :)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Glad to see it's not just me. The voices in my head are explainable and treatable thanks to the pharmaceutical industry.....the A10C stuff was puzzling.

Yeah, found a WarningTone1.wav or something like that. It sounded like an F-16's stall warning sound.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thank you ED. It was no longer fun flying the A10 with that past change that virtually eliminated the engine sound. And I do like that warning horn sound. The other was a bit grating on the nerves every time it went off.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

A-10 engine sound quickfix

Enyone else annoyed by the default A-10 engine sound?

The turbine coil whine sound of the A-10 engine is over-pronounced in DCS, at least in my view. On a bad day it sounds to me like I'm flying a lawn mower instead of a fighter jet.

A simple fix:

In

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Engines

1) Rename EngineTF34GE100Fan.wav to EngineTF34GE100Fan_ORIGINAL.wav

2) Make a copy of EngineJet.wav and rename to EngineTF34GE100Fan.wav

Now listen.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com