Without Boost Pumps normal to start the left engine ?

Skulleader

Hello guys,

During a rampstart I would like to know if it's normal to start successful the left engine without the "Boost Pumps Wing" and "Boost Pumps Main" ?

For the right engine I must switch ON the Boost Pumps Wing and Main, is OK.

Thanks in advance, Skull :)

You can start the left engine without the boost pumps, to be exact. IIRC, the APU and left engine can be supplied by a DC driven pump.

More accurately, while the DC fuel pump is located in the left side of the fuel system, it is able to supply positive pressure to the entire fuel system. However, the fuel crossfeed valve is normally closed, so if you want to start the right engine first using only the DC fuel pump, open the fuel crossfeed valve.

Edited by TIMBER SOUR

Hello guys,

In first a great thanks for your explanations so this procedure for start the left engine without Boost Pumps is real or not ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Hello,

Thanks Aginor for your explanations, everything is ok now.

Thx again and regards. Skull.

More accurately, while the DC fuel pump is located in the left side of the fuel system, it is able to supply positive pressure to the entire fuel system. However, the fuel crossfeed valve is normally closed, so if you want to start the right engine first using only the DC fuel pump, open the fuel crossfeed valve.

Thanks, couldn't quickly find the fuel system diagram so went off the top of my head.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!