Force correlate help?

bunraku

Hi

I'm having problems trying to FC with Mavs. I'm using the H model. I already have the Mav crosshairs over a target.

Coolie Switch Aft

Coolie Switch Centre

TMS Down Short and the gate doesn''t collapse ever.

However the moment I move the crosshairs away from my target it collapses and will authorise a launch. This isn't ideal as it's moving the crosshairs off the target and I have to put them back on.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks as always.

With target centered, use boat switch aft or forward, then back to center, then short TMS up as IronHog stated will close the gate, rifle away, profit.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hi Guys

TMS Forward Short worked and I thank you for it.

I'm just wondering why videos I see on Youtube say it should be Aft and not Forward. Also all the documents I have say that TMS SF goes into track mode whereas TMS AS stabilizes which is what the videos tell me to do.

So Forward works, but all the docs and videos I see tell me Aft should work. Why?

Imag11e1_zpsa7a7d5b4.jpg

Image1_zps92d6f49c.jpg

Hi again,

The need to use of TMS Aft Short depends on the Mav mode you are going to use it in and the size of the target.

If you use Mav in the Slave mode (using SOI like TGP to automatically slew it to SPI) then it acts as if in ground stabilise mode and if the target i small enough so that i does not matter where the missile will hit then it is enough to press TMS Forward Short to close the gates and riffle.

In cases when Mav is used in Slew mode(using Slew Control to move maverick sicker) or you want the missile to hit a specific part of the target(like window in the building) then you slew it somewhere near the target press TMS Aft Short to ground stabilise it and then use your slew control again to line it up perfectly to the point where you want the missile to hit. The moment you start to slew it after ground stabilising it will automatically close the gate so that you do not need to press TMS Forward Short.

I hope it clears this a little bit more for you.

Ah, so the way I do it I do not need aft short; needless extra step. Thanks!

Edit: and come to think of it, the video I learned how to use FC from the guy was slewing the maverick around so makes sense that he would do that. I just adapted it to my preference of using the TGP to set a SPI

Edited by xaoslaad

Good topic! Its been beat to death and can still be confusing. I have been struggling myself at times, thanks for further clarification!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle