Maverick Page goes Blank after auto reloading? (unlimited weapons)

Globemaster

Hi,

I recently ran into this problem where the MAV page in the A-10C avionics goes blank after fired all of the mavericks, and reloaded them.

I replayed the A-10C after a while, maybe after a few updates, and I noticed that when I try to reload the mavericks in mid-air by pressing the left MFCD DSMS AGM-65 option(unlimited weapons), then when I looked to the right MFCD MAV page it always goes blank, some options are there but the page is just blank?

Any help?

Thanks

Globemaster

Edited by Globemaster

I'm having the same problems, also I've lost all labels. They are enabled in game settings but don't show in-game at all. Seems half the game is broken since the last update. Even my joystick, pedals and throttle controls keep resetting themselves every bloody time I play. Come on Dev's, don't you test stuff anymore before you publish. Reminds me of Forest Gumps box of chocolates, seems you never know what your going to get. I really hope that the BIS Devs sort this mess out ASP.

Hi,

I recently ran into this problem where the MAV page in the A-10C avionics goes blank after fired all of the mavericks, and reloaded them.

I replayed the A-10C after a while, maybe after a few updates, and I noticed that when I try to reload the mavericks in mid-air by pressing the left MFCD DSMS AGM-65 option(unlimited weapons), then when I looked to the right MFCD MAV page it always goes blank, some options are there but the page is just blank?

Any help?

Thanks

Globemaster

I noticed a change in how "unlimited weapons" work since ... last patch? Apparently there is now a delay of a few seconds before spent ordnance is replenished. Could that be your issue - that the "new" MAV is not yet spawned?

If not, post a track please.

I'm having the same problems, also I've lost all labels. They are enabled in game settings but don't show in-game at all. Seems half the game is broken since the last update. Even my joystick, pedals and throttle controls keep resetting themselves every bloody time I play. Come on Dev's, don't you test stuff anymore before you publish. Reminds me of Forest Gumps box of chocolates, seems you never know what your going to get. I really hope that the BIS Devs sort this mess out ASP.

What exactly do you mean with "resetting"? You are mapping some buttons and next time the mapping is gone?

From where do you map the controls? From the main menu or from within a running mission?

When are the mappings reset? Directly after a mission or after you restarted DCS?

when i start DCS afresh sometimes the control settings have reverted back to the stock settings, I dont ever change settings in-game I always do it from the main menu. fortunately I have my prefered (copies) settings saved in a file on desktop just in case so I don't have to spend ages changing them, but it is inconvenient when it happens.The Maverick problem is that if, after a few seconds you press F2 for an external look you can see that indeed you have replenished missiles. But when you return to cockpit view the mav mfcd screen is black and no missiles showing up in the stores.One thing I have noticed is a few seconds after I have fired my last Maverick there is a "clunk" sound as if all stores have been jettisoned, but all weapons are still on the racks. The other problems have all appeared after the last update and its not just A10C but the whole of DCS World. I may uninstall and download older version if I can. I'm just amazed that after all the time DCS World has been out their'e still having silly probs like this. Gotten to the point where Iv'e started playing Wings of Prey again. I'm a great believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", anyway I live in hope that it eventually gets sorted. Here's to the next Update,LOL

I noticed a change in how "unlimited weapons" work since ... last patch? Apparently there is now a delay of a few seconds before spent ordnance is replenished. Could that be your issue - that the "new" MAV is not yet spawned?

If not, post a track please.

Actually yes that might be the issue, part of the issue anyway. I noticed that the Maverick is not reloading until I pressed the Maverick DSMS button, but I never knew that the maverick will be reloaded a few seconds later.

Maybe it is pilot error, will let you know after I run some testing into that.

Thanks for your thoughts.

when i start DCS afresh sometimes the control settings have reverted back to the stock settings, I dont ever change settings in-game I always do it from the main menu. fortunately I have my prefered (copies) settings saved in a file on desktop just in case so I don't have to spend ages changing them, but it is inconvenient when it happens.The Maverick problem is that if, after a few seconds you press F2 for an external look you can see that indeed you have replenished missiles. But when you return to cockpit view the mav mfcd screen is black and no missiles showing up in the stores.One thing I have noticed is a few seconds after I have fired my last Maverick there is a "clunk" sound as if all stores have been jettisoned, but all weapons are still on the racks. The other problems have all appeared after the last update and its not just A10C but the whole of DCS World. I may uninstall and download older version if I can. I'm just amazed that after all the time DCS World has been out their'e still having silly probs like this. Gotten to the point where Iv'e started playing Wings of Prey again. I'm a great believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", anyway I live in hope that it eventually gets sorted. Here's to the next Update,LOL

As I said earlier, the unlimited weapons feature was changed recently - so it is not a matter of "still" having problems. And it was changed, not because it wasn't broken ... it was broken. In a way at least: several aircraft had the problem that you could "spam" weapons at an insane rate. You have a bomb under your aircraft? You want to drop it? Press the pickle button .... and voila, a continous stream of ordnance spawns. Funny to watch ... until 50 bombs explode on the ground at once. :o)

I don't know, seems the change is indeed not "perfect", yet. But that happens if we want ED to maintain and develop DCS now and in the future...

Regarding losing the controller mappings: hrm, can't help here, sorry. Haven't experienced it myself nor heared about it. You copy your saved mappings back to "Saved Games" folder? How do the files in Saved Games look like when you have to replace them? What modification timestamp do they have - or are they completely gone?

And btw, the *clunk* after spending the last ordnance is exactly the new behaviour of the unlimited weapon feature: then the "reloading" happens.

Edited by Flagrum

I have also tested and what I found was that after a short while agm's were reloaded but the mav screen blank. I noticed that the EO switch on said screen was set to off, same on the DSMS screen. Tried to turn it back on ( I'm using Helios) by using touch-screen, clicking with mouse and MFCD Cougar but to no avail. Switch working visualy but not operating function in game.

Please someone come up with an answer/fix/workaround for this problem.

By the way I still have no Labels, seems like the function has disappeared completely.

Edited by shaz56

New update, same problem. Mavs are showing as reloaded but still blank MFCD Mav screen. I can select newly reloaded Mav missiles but Mav seeker screen says no Mavs. Even turned off the Mav seeker and turned back on, waited the three minutes for it to warm up but to no avail. Do I have to land and do a repair or reload ? Answers or help please Devs. Cant believe more people aren't having this problem. I suppose best thing to do is get rid of unlimited feature all together, but it is handy if your short on time.

• ED Team

Hi,

do you have a track showing the issue? if so please attach.

I will check my A-10c now

Edit

Tested, confirmed, and reported.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

do you have a track showing the issue? if so please attach.

I will check my A-10c now

Edit

Tested, confirmed, and reported.

Hi BIGNEWY,

Thank you for the reply, however I have never posted a track, do you mean a video showing the problem or some particular file that I need to find in the DCS directory?

I have the same thing happening. Once the Mav's are expended they respawn and it shows that there are more yet I can't access them. Not a good situation when you want to practice firing Mav's as now I have to land to get more which takes away from practice time.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

When this happens I just have to click on another weapon and back to Mav's and they work. U are talking about the Beta ver. right?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• 2 weeks later...
When this happens I just have to click on another weapon and back to Mav's and they work. U are talking about the Beta ver. right?

depends on what you mean by the BETA version, I'm referring to the latest version/update, the weapons show up in the weapons store page but the mav seeker camera/screen stays black as if it has been shot or damaged. I even switched it off then back on, waited the three minutes warm-up and then Nothing. can't explain any better, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

(R-control R-shift Tab) to re-spawn until this is fixed. For those who have little time to sim. and for those like me who's son is trying to learn the sim.

I hope with the next iteration of DCs World that having 2 copies of the sim is no longer needed. This is how I avoid issues with World. Update the Beta and leave the stable copy for flying. 1.2.7 seems to be for me anywho the one with fewest issues.

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Hi,

Any help?

Thanks

Globemaster

Do the MAVs visually re arm?

After repair to fix unresponsive screens I have to turn CICU off then back on.

Then reload all systems.

Might be able to get away with just.reloading DSMS, as the only time I have to reboot the cicu is when I lose a display and repair.

Hold stat osb, click load then stat again, to assign load to that osb, then click load and choose dsms,

Then.make sure EO is on.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
Do the MAVs visually re arm?

After repair to fix unresponsive screens I have to turn CICU off then back on.

Then reload all systems.

Might be able to get away with just.reloading DSMS, as the only time I have to reboot the cicu is when I lose a display and repair.

Hold stat osb, click load then stat again, to assign load to that osb, then click load and choose dsms,

Then.make sure EO is on.

Thanks for the suggestion, the MAVs are visuially rearmed but the EO switch has no function.

• ED Team

This issue was confirmed and reported by me and is in the bug tracker.

Hopefully you will see a fix soon™

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2