Hyper-lobby for dummies ?

Or getting on-line 101 ... I did a search, but what I found was a little too specific and did not tell me the nuts and bolts that a newb needs.

I am at the point where I think I am ready to try to fly with some of you guys on-line ... well at least in my A-10 and or the SU-25 ... course I am a mud-mover at heart.

Is there a thread that will tell me what additional software I need to load and install, what I have to do to join a mission, who hosts (do I host, can I join server missions that are already running, can I post a mission and share it or do I have to host as a server in order to fly a mission I wrote on-line), things like that.

Thanks again guys.

Last quest ... anyone need an eager nugget for ground pounding ?

Havok out

• Like 1

Mechanical engineers design weapons ... civil engineers design targets.

Just get HL and Teamspeak. That will let you speak to others while online and anything else you need will be much easier to tell you. (provided you have a microphone)

For your first HL experience, I suggest joining the TuAF II A2G server.

• Like 2

Flying Online: A Beginners Guide to Getting There

Courtesy of Ironhand.

Welcome to the Virtual Skies M8 :)

• Like 2

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 2 weeks later...

Viper that link to ironhands movie was great ... it really helped a lot. I do have one more question however. When hosting on your own machine, do you need to know your own IP number to be able to pass it along to your wingman (who is going to connect to you) prior to starting Lockon ? I am assuming by doing an IPCONFIG command and noting the numbers displayed ? Or does Lockon find the numbers for you and display them in the IP box for you to pass along to your friend over Ventrilo ?

Again, many thanks guys !

If you use Hyperlobby, you won't need to know your IP. If a friend joins you in an Open or Closed Mission and you start your server, he will automatically connect to you. OR, you have the option in HL to send him a pager message with your IP (even if you don't know it, HL does) so he can join you directly.

My wingman and I finally tried to get on line the other night. He had no problems, but I am seeing all red bars on the hyper lobby site and can't get a connection. It's very odd, I can surf the net and I can play other games on-line like EQ2 as well as run TS and Ventrilo, but my real passion for flight eludes me.

My set up is four computers all connected through a router, and then to a Cable Modum. The other boxes all work fine. When I try to ping or tracert a site I get "Destination Host Unreachable". It shows 4 packets sent, none recieved and none lost. I have a wireless router, but all the machines are wired directly to the router. Until last night my machine was trying to connect wirelessly, failing and then making the LAN connection by wire (I assume in that order). I disbaled the wireless connection last night and tried it, and it is still doing the same thing.

I am going to try to connect as a wireless box and remove the cables tonight after work and see if that changes anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? I checked all my wires and tried new ones. I also switched the box to a different port on the router.

this is exactly my set up and I have this exact same problem. If you get it sorted out, PLEASE tell me about it.

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Happy Days ! I got it figured out, FINALLY.

I run a firewall that comes with WinXP. This I has disabled, so I THOUGHT my firewall was not a problem. However, my anti-virus program, Macafee, that comes free from my ISP (Comcast) ... ALSO ... has a built-in firewall. I had NO idea it was there. I just dropped the security level on that and suddenly I can see.

My techie friends at GURU-PC down in Tumwater WA deserve the credit. They scratched their heads and the alpha sierrasX2 a bit and then it occured to them. So of course while I was there I had to spend some money and upgraded my wifes graphics card (mine is already pretty snappy).

This problem just keeps rolling from one to the next.

I fixed the firewall problems and now I can see green "ping" lights in the Hyperlobby, but now I still can't connect. I think Ironhand mentioned "Port Forwarding".

Back to the research ... I will let you know what i find.

I have both installed. Lately I have been trying to connect with a friend who only has 1.02 installed.

However, no matter which version I try to connect with, I get the same problem. I can see the missions and or rooms, and I see green lights, but if I connect I cann't get a mission select. If either of us try to host a mission, the host starts and ends up sitting on the tarmac ... alone. We are both assuming that we both have the same problem, as neither of us can join games already running.

Thanks for the answer ... looking forward to your thoughts.