M1A2 Abrams Basic Vehicle Qualification Campaign

Maple Flag Missions is pleased to announce that we have released our newest campaign: M1A2 Abrams Basic Vehicle Qualification.

Teaser Video:

This is a 10 mission campaign (with 1 introduction mission) that covers the following:

1. Land Navigation and Map Reading

2. Vehicle Navigation Day

3. Vehicle Navigation Night

4. Stationary Target Engagement Day

5. Stationary Target Engagement Night

6. Moving Target Engagement Day

7. Moving Target Engagement Night

8. Combat Formation Driving Test Day

9. Combat Proficiency Test Day

10. Combat Proficiency Test Night

We also provide 2 documentation packages with the campaign. One covering the maps and diagrams provided in the campaign. The other providing the qualification badge, certificate and user bars.

This is a payware campaign ($4.99 USD) and you can purchase the mission keys from our website here. Select the "Combined Arms, Tanks, M1A2 Abrams" page.

Download packages are available here:

M1A2 Abrams Basic Vehicle Training Qualification

M1A2 Documentation Package

M1A2 User Bar, Badge and Certificate

Also note that since there is no CA Campaign tab we have placed the files in the SU-25T Campaign folder (as well as the Combined Arms Campaign Folder in the event a CA Campaign tab is created at some future point).

You can play the missions as a campaign from the SU-25T tab or play them as individual missions by locating the Combined Arms Campaign folder.

Since this is our first CA campaign we look forward to feedback from users to improve it.

Thanks.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

That's our next endeavor when we get past all the planes and vehicles. :music_whistling:

I have ambitions to create a single player JTAC campaign where you play as the JTAC and do all the radio calls on all the targets through a number of different scenarios.

Likely we will wait until DCS 2.0 so we can take advantage of the Nellis map.

The challenge will be in making it realistic within the constraints of the mission editor. :(

I think that much users do not understand the price model of your missions. They think that they have to pay the $4.99 three times (also for batches and documents). Maybe you should make the price model more transparent? Most of the bad reputation of your work has its source in that misunderstanding. And I think that all of your missons are worth the money!

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

I think that much users do not understand the price model of your missions. They think that they have to pay the $4.99 three times (also for batches and documents). Maybe you should make the price model more transparent? Most of the bad reputation of your work has its source in that misunderstanding. And I think that all of your missons are worth the money!

Thanks Lino.

I guess this message on our website is not clear enough:

"Type: Mission Key for the BVT Campaign unlocks this package." :(

We also have this posted on each file download page:

** Users who already have a mission key for the campaign can use that to unlock this documentation package. **

Is there a better way to say this?

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Ouch. I saw this and bought it immediately. The key management looks to be a huge pain in the butt though. If I change my hardware config I'm going to have to contact you for a new one? What happens if you get out of the mod business and I upgrade but want the missions? (I expect I'll have already gotten my use out of them prior to that, but I'm curious for future missions I'll want to procure)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

You are correct. It's not ideal but it's a requirement from ED for payware. We have been in business for 3 years now and it hasn't been a problem for too many users.

If your SUID changes, reinstall the license program, send us the new SUID and we will send you new keys.

We hope to get all our campaigns added to ED's DLC Campaign site at some point but can't say when that will be.

Sure thing. :)

I'm not a big fan of hardware locked key systems, but I've been a dev and I know where you're coming from.

Looking forward to having fun with the mission :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

Installation of the main campaign is painless and shows up under the SU-25 campaign :)

But I'm not sure how to use the Miz files for the docs. I didn't see anything in the instructions that applied to them. Do they get loaded from Missions instead of campaigns and then unlock into accessible files?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Use the same technique to access the docs as you would the mission files.

The docs are usually placed in this path:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Doc\M1A2\M1A2 BVT Qualification

but you can change the path when you run the installer if you want to.

They are also available from shortcut menus in the Start Menu, Program Files, MapleFlagMissions, DCS World folders.

It would appear that I am at an impasse. I've not used mods before, so have no idea what's going on.

I downloaded all 3 packages. Installed package number 1, and have files under SU25 and CA now. That part is fine.

Manually put packages 2 and 3 in mission folder since the installer didn't bother with them. But if I try to select them in missions, which I assume is necessary to unlock them to get the kneeboard images out of them, nothing appears to happen.

Sorry to be a pain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Packages 2 and 3 are documentation packages not mission packages.

If you rename the .miz to .exe and run the installer the same way you did for the campaign install, the files will be extracted and put into the folder listed in my earlier post.

This ensures that all of our packages are installed the same way regardless of file type (mission, document, skin, sound file, etc).

These packages are not kneeboard image files but PDF files accessible from the start menu or the directory path. They are in A5 format so could be printed for a real kneeboard or with some work converted to in game kneeboard files. We haven't had a request to make in game kneeboard images yet so we haven't explored that option.

Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we can help get you sorted if you still have issues.

That's what I thought (about renaming the doc packages to exe as well) but it didn't work for me the first time. So I thought I was doing it wrong. I just got a new download to extract. Yay! :D

(should have noticed my file was only 16K in size the first time I tried to use it)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...
We have updated our FAQ on our website to specifically describe the procedure for installing the documentation packages.

Hopefully that will help you and future users as well.

Thanks.

Hi Sabre-TLA,

Does this campaign still works or is it still on sale?

Tks for the help,

Sydy

Hi Sydy,

Unfortunately those campaigns were for the 1.5 release and once ED agreed to sell our campaigns on their website we could no longer sell them from our website.

The campaigns are being updated to play with the latest DCS World version and will have professional voice overs so it's not a trivial change to get them updated.

We have a number of campaigns in the pipeline ahead of these but we will post to our blog once we know when ED plans to release them.

Best regards.