Asset Extraction v1.0

is there any way to stop the 32 Mig23's from spawning when there is only 2 F15c up?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

is there any way to stop the 32 Mig23's from spawning when there is only 2 F15c up?

From the mission briefing:

* F-15C (Dodge) / Su-27 (Klondike) *

* Su-33 (October) / MiG-29 (Talon) *

It is highly likely the insurgents will scramble several enemy fighters to engage our rescue aircraft. Your mission is to

maintain air superiority north of the Georgian border and engage any enemy fighters that threaten our extraction mission.

Be careful not to stray south into Georgia… enemy patrols in Georgian airspace are currently very heavy.

Long story short, the guys south of the border will not attack you unless you stray into their airspace. You will get a pair of Mig23s for each F-15 that spawns that will head north into friendly airspace. You're only supposed to attack the fighters that come north of the border. The groups of MiG23s further south are supposed to be there for eye candy and/or to be a large challenge should F-15 pilots get bored with the basic CAP mission and want to engage.

So basically, stay north of the mountains and you'll never have to worry about the enemy CAP way down south. :thumbup:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

If a track is turned into a mission by renaming it into a miz file, it may have view settings stored in the miz that will be forced to others. Open the mission file in question(with favorite zip utility) and see if there is a Config folder, if so, it probably has the view data that is causing the problems. Just delete the config folder out of the *.miz and it should be good to go.

• 1 month later...

Great fun mission! Well thought out.

Since the 1.2.5 update+hotfixes, the mission will CTD the host almost every time the Hueys or Blackhawks drop off their insertion team. You will get a couple of words from the audio file about Delta team with boots on the.......and CTD.

I can only guess that the spawnverifyteam.lua is stumbling on something and causing the CTD.

I have had it work a couple of times but cant really seem to put a reason on just WHY it worked that particular time.

I had thought that perhaps it needed the Host to be in the landing Huey, but I had a buddy try that theory out and he CTDed in the only Human controlled aircraft spawned in the theater.

Any takers?

Markeebo

Edited by Markeebo

I will look into this and see if I can reproduce (doesn't sound like that will be a problem) and also whether or not I can fix it. Glad you've been enjoying the mission! I'm working on my second (a continuation of this storyline, as a matter of fact and equally full of taskings for all manner of aircraft). Still in planning / early development stages.

I might end up re-making this once ED releases the "official" ability to drop off / pick up troops from the UH-1H as my script is solely a workaround way of doing things, and it's very possible that if I can't figure out and fix what's wrong that may end up needing to be the solution. I'll take a look at it this weekend and let you know what I can find.

Thanks for the bug report!

I will look into this and see if I can reproduce (doesn't sound like that will be a problem) and also whether or not I can fix it. Glad you've been enjoying the mission! I'm working on my second (a continuation of this storyline, as a matter of fact and equally full of taskings for all manner of aircraft). Still in planning / early development stages.

I might end up re-making this once ED releases the "official" ability to drop off / pick up troops from the UH-1H as my script is solely a workaround way of doing things, and it's very possible that if I can't figure out and fix what's wrong that may end up needing to be the solution. I'll take a look at it this weekend and let you know what I can find.

Thanks for your reply and attention to this "bug". I too was lying this mission with Markeebo, and it was very frustrating. We attempted 6 times to make this work, with only 1 success. I sure hope that you can fix it as it is really a great mission.

Thanks for you work, and looking forward to your next one.

Gman

Thanks for the fast response. Really love this mission and the concept. Had a look into the triggers.....WOW, you have put in a ton of work on this mission! Can't say enough good about it.

If/When you find something confirming the bug/error, please drop a post on this thread so I can keep up with your findings.

One last "bug" that I noticed that might or might not be correct is the trigger that spawns the Blackhawks(Pontiac), there are 4 conditions separated by and OR statement. All 4 refer to Chevy 1-1. Shouldnt those each refer to a different Chevy so if someone gets into say Chevy 2-1, Pontiac wont spawn?

Markeebo

Markeebo: You were correct. I fixed the Pontiac spawn issue with the multiple Chevy 1-1's.

I also found a few other errors where I was using "All of Group in Zone" which currently always evaluates to true, regardless of whether that group even exists or not. I've changed to "Part of Group in Zone", which is evaluated properly.

As for the crash to desktop bug, I can definitely say it has something to do with creating waypoints for the dynamic verification team but I can't figure out why that is broken in the latest version. I haven't touched my code, and it still works in 1.2.4. So I'm guessing something was changed that broke how MIST (the MIssion Scripting Tools library) uses the AI Task Controller to create waypoints for units.

I'm going to wait until the patch that is supposed to come out this week to see if it fixes things, otherwise I really have no idea how to fix this problem unless MIST gets an update. I use MIST partially because I'm not a LUA programmer and the SSE documentation is very difficult to read so I don't know how to set waypoints dynamically through code without MIST.

I'll keep playing around with things, and if nothing else I'll at least update the mission to just spawn the verify team at the asset's location so that they verify him, and then have them all despawn upon verification. It removes some of the awesomeness of being able to watch the infantry run up to the asset then run back to the chopper, but that's the best I know how to do at the moment.

Thanks for looking into that. Only recently discovered this mission and was really having a great time seeing how it morphed each time you added a different airframe to it. MUCHO RESPECTO!

Looking forward to seeing if the update to the update fixes this. AND to your continuation of this.

Markeebo

Thanks for looking into that. Only recently discovered this mission and was really having a great time seeing how it morphed each time you added a different airframe to it. MUCHO RESPECTO!

Looking forward to seeing if the update to the update fixes this. AND to your continuation of this.

Markeebo

Thanks for the support!

Worst case scenario, the mission will lose the verification team until the ability to drop off units is added to the Huey, at which point it will make its triumphant return. I'm still playing around with it, just to see if there's a way I can make it work as I think the verification team is a pretty awesome bit of the mission. But if it doesn't work at the moment, it doesn't work.

We'll see what I can figure out!

With the awesome help of Grimes I was able to find out what was wrong with my mission and fix it. I'm updating the main post with a link to v1.2.3 which also fixes a few other minor bugs that I found in the trigger settings of the mission (notably P-51 "further tasking" targets spawning regardless of whether anyone was flying them in the mission or not and Pontiac flight only checking to see if Chevy 1-1 was present before deciding to activate and take off or remain grounded).

The download link will be to my dropbox until the file is approved in Eagle Dynamics files section. Enjoy the update and please let me know if there are any further issues!

Edited by Psyrixx

Hey,

We tried this mission last night and we ran into some issues. First, I don't know why, but even if we were 2 UH-1 flying, the Blackhawks tookoff. My guess is, i took the wrong heading by mistake at T/O and did pulled the trigger soon enough. Am i right?

Once this happened, we kept going further in time in the mission and 3/4 players (1 remaining was the host) crashed few times.

We ran the latest version of everything.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.5vwing.com/

Hey,

We tried this mission last night and we ran into some issues. First, I don't know why, but even if we were 2 UH-1 flying, the Blackhawks tookoff. My guess is, i took the wrong heading by mistake at T/O and did pulled the trigger soon enough. Am i right?

Once this happened, we kept going further in time in the mission and 3/4 players (1 remaining was the host) crashed few times.

We ran the latest version of everything.

Thanks

The Blackhawks should not take off if there are Huey pilots in the mission. I cannot replicate them taking off as long as I spawn in a UH-1H. It has nothing to do with where you are in the mission, simply *existing* keeps the Blackhawks from taking off. Now if all of the UH-1H players died or crashed at the same time, the Blackhawks may take off. But as long as you spawn in a UH-1H before the Blackhawks activate, they should remain grounded.

I just flew cross country to visit family, so let me download DCS on my laptop and see if I can replicate any of the crashing / strange Blackhawk behavior. The mission has been rock solid for me over the past several weeks after fixing the crash that 1.2.5 introduced, but I'll double check in the next few days.

Nope! As long as at least one UH-1H is manned by a human player the Blackhawks should stay grounded.

Unfortunately, my buddies and I ran into the same problem. 2 Huey's and 3 Hogs. The Huey guys had some TARS issues and were in and out a few times so I chalked it up to exceeding time limit in the triggers for the Blackhawks to spawn. In our case, Mission failed because the Blackhawks get shot down.

After we exited, I dug into the triggers to see if my guess was correct. The spawn trigger for the Blackhawks, as it is written, WILL allow them to spawn after 12 minutes and anything less than 4 Huey's are present.

I tested it by sitting on the ramp for 12 mins once in Chevy 1-1 and once in Chevy 2-1. At 12 mins+ a few seconds, they spooled up and taxied out each time. So by using the OR statement in the trigger, any ONE of the 4 conditions makes the statement TRUE and the "start" command is sent to the Blackhawks.

To further test my theory, I simply removed the "OR" statement and the extra TIME SINCE MISSION statements. This would now read that Chevy 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 needed to be missing(out of zone) and 12 minutes(720 sec)had elapsed before the logic was true and the Blackhawks spawned.

I tested it by sitting in a cold Huey for 15 mins. Blackhawks remained cold. As they should. I then joined a Hog to simulate having been shot down or having never spawned a Huey and the Blackhawks immediately spooled up.

Don't know what has changed because I can't recall them spawning in the past. But they certainly do now. Bug fixed in 1.2.5? I dunno. But at least it's working as I believe you had intended.

Still one of the best-built and well thought out Missions that I have flown.

Sorry for thr long-winded response. PM me if you have any more questions if I didn't provide all of the info needed above.

Markeebo

Unfortunately, my buddies and I ran into the same problem. 2 Huey's and 3 Hogs. The Huey guys had some TARS issues and were in and out a few times so I chalked it up to exceeding time limit in the triggers for the Blackhawks to spawn. In our case, Mission failed because the Blackhawks get shot down.

[...]

Sorry for thr long-winded response. PM me if you have any more questions if I didn't provide all of the info needed above.

Actually, thank you very much for the long winded response. =)

I'm on vacation at my mom's house in California at the moment and haven't had a chance to thoroughly test my mission so I'm actually very happy that you were able to go through such an in-depth testing procedure and figure out why it was breaking.

Though I probably would have gotten around to testing and fixing it in a few more days, this allows me to just go in and make the changes and get an updated version online.

Have you noticed any of the frequent mission crashes that were mentioned earlier? I still have not been able to replicate those. The mission runs through to completion for me every time.

Also, in my version of the mission the [OR] statement is present. Are there no [OR] statements in your version? I downloaded the latest version posted from this thread to my laptop to edit it.

[edit]

Nevermind, I see that my logic was backwards. A new version should be online soon!

[edit 2]

Version 1.2.4 has been uploaded and linked in the main post.

Edited by Psyrixx

Psyrixx...just a small issue (Im being anal retentive). In the description on the first post the UH-1H is not listed as a Player Controlled aircraft. You might want to add that as people might not read any further to realize it is actually included in the mission

Thanks for the heads up! Main post has been updated.

• Like 1