A10C new worn HD cockpit

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, i am searching the cockpit font for a couple of days without any success.

specialy numbers... any ideas?

MS33558 is the one used on the panels, I believe.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Niiiiice!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

awesome work as always;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Nice work RICARDO.

Please don't forget to add mip maps for these textures so they will look pretty from afar also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Very well done Ricardo!....but :cry:.........When is it done? :megalol:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

RICARDO! Awesome job as always! I would like to see how you'r working on this with you graphic tools. I think I can learn a lot.

If you have the time, please make a video or a time laps like "speed painting".

If you use Photoshop, when you save them as DDS files you should get a window before final save that lets you choose the compression type and number of mipmaps. I don't know if the number of mipmaps has importance if they are too many but at least 4 should be enough I think.

It looks like this and this is how I resaved your Ka50 cockpit, the stock F15 and A10C cockpits.

2ps3a8k.png

Some of your textures from ka50 had mip maps but some didn't which made some text to look unfiltered jaggy when viewed from zoom maxed out. Like the text around the knob from radio switch (VHF2 - VHF1 - Ground Crew) and the labels from wall panel side and some more. The size of the archive increased only few megabytes.

4 mip maps should make a texture at 2048x2048 have the minimum mip map at 256x256... it won't be readable but neither is a not-filtered one and will give a sense of natural look as opposed to a jagged one that looks odd and is also "dancing" in the eyes when moving the head around.

Also, when the DDS plugin from nvidia is installed in Photoshop you get a message at loading a DDS file (I know you use PSD but if you load a DDS) that lets you see the mipmaps alongside the big texture and check how many they are. Of course this is just for checking as working on all mipmaps is not productive... the dds saving dialog lets you rebuild them automatically with all the modifications you make on big texture.

I didn't got into tweaking the sharpening and MipMap filtering settings yet... maybe better quality than default settings could be achieved... I'll try.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hello guys,

WOW, incredible and awesome work !!!

This new version is incredible, you are a real artist.

In French:

Punaise Ricardo déjà avec le pit du KA-50 j'étais sur le cul mais là ton travaille est prodigieux, j'ai vraiment hâte que ce nouveau pit soit dispo même si je sais que c'est un boulot de fou...

Un grand merci pour tout ce talent, Skull.

Hello guys,

WOW, incredible and awesome work !!!

This new version is incredible, you are a real artist.

In French:

Punaise Ricardo déjà avec le pit du KA-50 j'étais sur le cul mais là ton travaille est prodigieux, j'ai vraiment hâte que ce nouveau pit soit dispo même si je sais que c'est un boulot de fou...

Un grand merci pour tout ce talent, Skull.

Thanks skulleader, still a lot of work on this pit,

ejection seat and side panels are time consuming...

If you use Photoshop, when you save them as DDS files you should get a window before final save that lets you choose the compression type and number of mipmaps. I don't know if the number of mipmaps has importance if they are too many but at least 4 should be enough I think.

It looks like this and this is how I resaved your Ka50 cockpit, the stock F15 and A10C cockpits.

2ps3a8k.png

Some of your textures from ka50 had mip maps but some didn't which made some text to look unfiltered jaggy when viewed from zoom maxed out. Like the text around the knob from radio switch (VHF2 - VHF1 - Ground Crew) and the labels from wall panel side and some more. The size of the archive increased only few megabytes.

4 mip maps should make a texture at 2048x2048 have the minimum mip map at 256x256... it won't be readable but neither is a not-filtered one and will give a sense of natural look as opposed to a jagged one that looks odd and is also "dancing" in the eyes when moving the head around.

Also, when the DDS plugin from nvidia is installed in Photoshop you get a message at loading a DDS file (I know you use PSD but if you load a DDS) that lets you see the mipmaps alongside the big texture and check how many they are. Of course this is just for checking as working on all mipmaps is not productive... the dds saving dialog lets you rebuild them automatically with all the modifications you make on big texture.

I didn't got into tweaking the sharpening and MipMap filtering settings yet... maybe better quality than default settings could be achieved... I'll try.

thanks, i will take care of that :thumbup:

Hello Ricardo,

Thanks skulleader, still a lot of work on this pit,

ejection seat and side panels are time consuming...

Devant un tel rendu on ne peux que te laisser travailler tranquillement, j'adore vraiment l'aspect de tes gauges, l'impression d'y voir des vitres est parfait.

Thanks for all and great job, Skull.

"the devil is in the detail" and you're hell good!

Du très beau travail. Merci pour les snapshots de ta progression.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Hey Ricardo,

I am amazed off you work.

I would like to remind you that intercom panel is missing a small line, up from intercom selector switch (INT-FM-VHF-HF) in current A-10C INTER panel from ED cockpit. I believe it isn’t hard at all for you to add it because it exists in real pit.

Thanks for your hard work. I really like it!

:)

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Ricardo,

I am amazed off you work.

I would like to remind you that intercom panel is missing a small line, up from intercom selector switch (INT-FM-VHF-HF) in current A-10C INTER panel from ED cockpit. I believe it isn’t hard at all for you to add it because it exists in real pit.

Thanks for your hard work. I really like it!

:)

Actually it isn't, well kinda. I corrected all the A-10 cockpit spelling errors about a year ago and included this line. You can download at the link below.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=121

thanks Paul:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog