Bonus System Deadline 01.06.2014 (for purchases made prior to 20.02.2014)

mwd2

So will the Customer Bonus from the "old" purchased gone without any use on 01.06.2014....?

Because there is no new model to buy before the 01.06.2014!?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So will the Customer Bonus from the "old" purchased gone without any use on 01.06.2014....?

Because there is no new model to buy before the 01.06.2014!?

afaik you can not use the bonus on "new" stuff anyway..:music_whistling:

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

My understanding was, that you have to register your old orders until June, 1st. The layout of the account page at least hints that it was meant this way.

But you are right, the wording is actually different (for me as non-native speaker of english at least):

The customer has the opportunity to receive a bonus for existing orders (paid before 20.02.2014) pertaining to products participating in the bonus program, with the same rules applied (p.2-3) as under the new order. Customers must use these bonuses prior to 01.06.2014. Visit: Personal section / My account to register the orders.

So I +1 this thread and hope for an answer. :o)

Well, hrm, "einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul" ... a german saying that I ... can't really translate, lol. But it comes down to something like ... "if you get something for free, you really must not complain if it has some shortcomings". So, if we can't really take advantage of that bonus system, then we still lost nothing.

BUT I actually still DO wonder what the intent was for this, why the deadline was choosen to be so early that it was more or less forseeable that there would be nothing to spend the bonus on. Makes the whole thing kinda pointless (while costing some man hours of work for ED), no?

Flagrum, me personally did not complained about anythig. I just really thanks to other guys because I did not noticed that deadline. Even I already own all modules, this is not a problem to buy one more and send it as gift to my young son. He just happens to enjoy lately the SU-25T :D, and I thing that a Huey with that autopilot firing systems will make him even more happy :))).

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Flagrum, me personally did not complained about anythig. I just really thanks to other guys because I did not noticed that deadline. Even I already own all modules, this is not a problem to buy one more and send it as gift to my young son. He just happens to enjoy lately the SU-25T :D, and I thing that a Huey with that autopilot firing systems will make him even more happy :))).

Hehe, nice.

... but just for the record, I was not trying to say anyone here were complaining. I just tried to express that my own rant also was not meant as complaint. :o)

You can buy one or more modules and give them away to a friend :thumbup:

You cannot use the bonus on modules that you have bought before. Only first time purchase qualifies.

Which is why the bonus system is not for 'loyal' customers but only 'somewhat loyal' customers.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

And the cherry on top is "A product can be paid by use of bonuses no more than 20% (twenty percent) of the full product price."

and the cream is...you can not use it for products in a sale...so it makes the bonus 100% useless..because bonus sales are way less priced then 20%:megalol:

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

You cannot use the bonus on modules that you have bought before. Only first time purchase qualifies.

Which is why the bonus system is not for 'loyal' customers but only 'somewhat loyal' customers.

Aha, did not know that. Ok then my bonus is up for grabs by ED :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Just remembered this thread. And yes, not only the possibility to enter old purchases to get the bonus added to the account is gone, also the account balance is now 0.00

Well, so we don't need an official clarification for the initial questions anymore ... some things just solve themselfes with time ...

All in all, this whole initiative was pretty pointless, wasn't it?

It probably looked good on paper, it's just that nobody in that meeting asked the question...

"What about the people that own everything already?"

EDIT: I also noticed that there is now a six month expiration period on bonuses earned after the start of the bonus system.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

~

What a waste of time it was indeed...

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 3 weeks later...

What? I want buy the Mig21 with my 34€ Bonus and now i look today at my Account and ED stole my Bonus Credits? 34€ ??? This Sucks...

its not a Bug,its a feature.... Where is my Nevada Map?

This cant be true...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

What? I want buy the Mig21 with my 34€ Bonus and now i look today at my Account and ED stole my Bonus Credits? 34€ ??? This Sucks...

its not a Bug,its a feature.... Where is my Nevada Map?

This cant be true...

Your 34€ would be useless anyways...

Bonuses cannot be used to pay for products marked as “NEW”.

Hmmm...

I just went to my Personal section, noticed the $26 bonus I had accumulated is gone... Then posted a Support ticket about it... And now I found this thread...

So...

1. one can only have used this bonus prior to 1. 6. 2014, after that date the bonus attributed to your account is gone?

2. one can only use the bonus for 20% of the purchase price, and only on full priced modules?

So, to use all my bonus, a person like me (who already has all the airplanes) would have had to buy at least 3 full priced modules (at 50 bucks), which I have no use for (since I own all of them already), so I would have had to buy them for friends?

You know, since ED hasn't made any new airplanes available before the deadline was over?

I would have bought the Hawk, the Mig21, and any myriad of other airplanes, and would have used up all the bonus, but for this silly deadline.

I really see no point in such a loyalty program, if I can't actually USE the bonuses that I earn through the system...

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

1. one can only have used this bonus prior to 1. 6. 2014, after that date the bonus attributed to your account is gone?

2. one can only use the bonus for 20% of the purchase price, and only on full priced modules?

1. Yes.

2. Think so.

3. You can't buy anything marked as "NEW", so useless for Mig, Hawk... anyways.

If you already own all modules, you could have bougth some copys of the stuff you already have. Kinda strange isn't it :D:D:D.

Yeah, great loyalty program...

You can:

- buy old modules again for yourself (but you already own them, so what sense does that make?)

- buy old modules for your friends (so where's the benefit for YOU, the loyal customer?)

I hope ED reconsiders these silly policies.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Went to look if I could use my Bonus for the FW-190, even if I couldn't have done probs would have paid. Points are gone. Now I'm pissed.

Well done ED you introduced something, made me feel appreciated for £100s i spent already the whole time you didn't release anything then piss me off as soon as something is available.

Before the Bonus points I was of the opinion these craft take ages yada yada they are well worth the cash yada yada Ill get them all to support the development etc etc. now, I feel bummed and like I was shafted so... I'm out. Good Job Marketing dept

Yeah, great loyalty program...

You can:

- buy old modules again for yourself (but you already own them, so what sense does that make?)

- buy old modules for your friends (so where's the benefit for YOU, the loyal customer?)

I hope ED reconsiders these silly policies.

The problem is that we are to loyal... uf your were "semi-loyal" you could have bought the modules missing in your collection and it would have made perfect sence :D.

For me I'm not sure where I missed something, since I also figured out only today that the reward was kinda useless for me. Was it communicated like that from the beginning on? Anyways, I think there is no reason for being to pissed about not getting something for free.

The problem is that we are to loyal... uf your were "semi-loyal" you could have bought the modules missing in your collection and it would have made perfect sence :D.

For me I'm not sure where I missed something, since I also figured out only today that the reward was kinda useless for me. Was it communicated like that from the beginning on? Anyways, I think there is no reason for being to pissed about not getting something for free.

I'm not pissed for not getting stuff for free (hey, I've bought modules that I don't even use, like CA, so I'm the kind of guy that does like to support the company just for support sake), I'm annoyed at having this 'loyalty' reward dangled in front of my nose, just for ED to then take that loyalty reward away with nonsensical rules that don't reward loyalty at all.

I'm not pissed for not getting stuff for free

I know, but Subliminal-SS seems to be ;).

From a marketing point of view the loyal customer is probably not as interessting when it comes to rewards, as he is starving for new stuff and buys every new module anyways (maybe even multiple copys to support ED) :D.

I seem to be the same kind of guy as you, couldnt buy anything from the rewards ;).