Complete transport script

geloxo

Ok..heres what happened. I started from scratch, got transport script working and began to place late activated aircraft for blufor, using script and trigger zone. It worked fine with this. I then added an opfor late activated aircraft using the same script and trigger zone(with different zone) and it no longer worked...its conflicting with opfor side aircraft. I take out the opfor aircraft and whala! it works again. i even tried just placing an opfor aircraft alone flying, with no waypoint and no late activated trigger and still the same issue. i tried changing radio freq, callsign, name..etc nothing worked..only by removing the opfor aircraft did it work.

This is happening with OPFOR AI controlled aircraft already spawned on the map. Next i will test client controlled opfor aircraft when spawned by other players with blufor and opfor players playing simultaneously.

Edited by Firedawg

Ouch!!! This should go to the bug section! That explains why I had no issues, yet. There are no opfor aircrafts present in my mission. Insurgency scenario, so giving them even a TF-51D seems unrealistic :D

On the downside we may have a major bug somewhere in the scripting system... :cry:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

UPDATE: It is also unstable with client controlled aircraft in MP, i jumped in a blufor transport huey and a buddy jumped into an opfor mig...worked fine,,,then while mission in progress, i jumped into a blufor a-10 and he jumped into an opfor transport mi8...did not work. so major bug somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ajax, im having trouble with your troop drop script as well. I attempt to implement it into my mission and the mission loads but when the script loads it freezes everything and a box pops up and says "cant run, sorry only one instance"

That sounds like you opened SP after you opened MP. You can have both open, but SP has to be loaded first.

Edit: That is, you can have both open and run a MP mission, but not an SP mission.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 1

Okay, found the problem. I don't know how this can happen -- I didn't think the Mission Editor would allow it -- but there is a group defined with no name. Look at the very top of the list of groups. If you delete that group, then everything seems to work the way it's supposed to.

Also, I noticed in the version of the TroopDrop script you're using, I had forgotten to comment out the lines that allow Ka-50s to transport troops. :doh: (I do that for testing, since that's what I fly.) Anyway, you should remark out those lines for the validHeloTypes table.

• 3 weeks later...

:helpsmilie: So maybe someone here can help me. I am trying to capture zones in my mission.

I want to have the trigger just be a simple Infantry in zone. The infantry in this script name the groups, GroupName100, GroupName101, GroupName103, ect... I have multiple zones to capture. What is the simplest way to express this in the Mission editor.

The only trigger I know to do this would be once, All of Group in Zone, GroupName100 OR GroupName101 OR GroupName102. Message. Zone captured Flag Increase 2.1.

Is there a way to say that any blue infantry that is dropped in zone captures the zone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]