New Start-up procedure in latest Beta Patch ?

haffende

Hey...is there a new start up procedure ?

I flick the power on...warning panel lights come on....fuel pumps on and vent on(new - now already on latest update).....start switch cover open then engine start...and nothing....worked before update and works in release version and 2.0.

Edited by haffende

Check the fuel cut-off switch. It is open (no fuel) when you start from the ramp. Must be clicked to the closed position.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I'm also having problems. Cutoff switch is closed, but the engine RPM won't go past 11% when advancing the throttle.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like VENT now prevents startup.

Edited by Gliptal

fuel pumps on and vent on(new - now already on latest update).

Just a reminder:

VENT is short for Ventilation => mode in which the starter rotates the engine without injecting fuel in it, nor lighting the start-spark plugs; this is a specific mode used to drain any excessive fuel that may have been injected before.

G is short for (bougie) Gauche => Left (start spark plug)

D is short for (bougie) Droite => Right (start spark plug)

So you don't select VENT on (if you want to start the engine).

You select either the left or right spark plug.

Only one plug is used for engine start on the ground (alternatively, to smooth plugs wear).

FWIW both plugs are automatically selected/used for in-flight relight (using specific switch).

Semantics? Perhaps. Also systems knowledge ;)

++

Az'

spacer.png

Current abbreviated Startup procedure for cold and dark aircraft:

1. Engage parking brake.

2. Turn Battery On or request a GPU.

3. Check position of TRN, ALT1 and ALT2 switches. Must be ON. Yellow lights will remain ON while the engine alternators are offline.

4. Click the Fuel Shut-Off switch to the CLOSED position.

5. Click Fuel pumps G and D to the ON position.

6. Select an ignition source by clicking on the VENT switch to the G or D position.

7. Open the ignition switch cover.

6. Click on the ignition switch.

8. At 11% RPM move the throttle to the Ground IDLE position.

** If you do not use the battery, check the CC caution light. If it turns on it means that the battery is getting depleted. The use of a GPU for ground start is advised.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hi Zeus, if I may, slight revision:

1. Engage parking brake.

2. Turn Battery On.

2bis [optional but advised] Request GPU On.

3. Check position of TRN, ALT1 and ALT2 switches. Must be On. ALT yellow lights will remain On while the engine alternators are offline.

4. Click the Fuel Shut-Off switch to the "valve open" = switch to the right & cover CLOSED position.

5. Click Fuel pumps G and D to the ON position.

6. Select an ignition source by clicking on the VENT/G/D switch to the G or D position.

7. Open the starter switch cover (this moves ON the start-fuel pump).

6. Click on the starter switch.

8. At 11% RPM move the throttle to the Ground IDLE position.

** If you do use the battery only (no GPU), check the CC caution light. If it turns on it means that the battery is getting depleted. The use of a GPU for ground start is standard procedure & advised.

spacer.png

Wilco. :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, here are the criteria for the DECOL to go out for takeoff authorization:

DECOL(Décollage) If lighted, it's forbidden to attempt to take off.

It will light(only if the aircraft is on the ground - WoW sensor) if at least

one of the following conditions is not met :

-CDVE 5 (FBW 5 - last resort channel) switch must be Off(forward) and its cover closed

- FBW BIT must have been made(since engine start) and result must be Green(OK) and cover closed after test performed to prevent pilot from taking off with FBW in test mode

- Emergency trim switch must be on "N" (normal); this switch is not switchable currently in DCS, the other position is "S" (emergency); rotating the switch to S activate the emergency trim mini - hat on the left console.

- GAINS switch must be on "Normal"

- BECS switch must be on "Auto"

- flight control surfaces must be centered(i.e.no unwanted trim; if needed, perform a FBW reset to cancel any trim input made by the unaware pilot).

I also noticed that I get a warning when I touch down on landing why is this exactly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Hi guys, here are the criteria for the DECOL to go out for takeoff authorization:

DECOL(Décollage) If lighted, it's forbidden to attempt to take off.

It will light(only if the aircraft is on the ground - WoW sensor) if at least

one of the following conditions is not met :

-CDVE 5 (FBW 5 - last resort channel) switch must be Off(forward) and its cover closed

- FBW BIT must have been made(since engine start) and result must be Green(OK) and cover closed after test performed to prevent pilot from taking off with FBW in test mode

- Emergency trim switch must be on "N" (normal); this switch is not switchable currently in DCS, the other position is "S" (emergency); rotating the switch to S activate the emergency trim mini - hat on the left console.

- flight control surfaces must be centered(i.e.no unwanted trim; if needed, perform a FBW reset to cancel any trim input made by the unaware pilot).

Thanks!:thumbup:

But the DECOL light still on. I tried the AP test and for some reason, it worked:helpsmilie:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really think there has to be a Stickied Start up Procedure Thread.

And ever time there is a change is a change in how the startup procedure (from a patch etc)

It should be Updated.

Since currently its not always easy for ppl to stay updated and know what is new and what to do.

So just having a Official Start up Procedure thread would help allot of ppl and the reduce the amount of ppl having to ask on the forums.

That is insufficient information. Module progress can be completely independent of DCSW version number.

For example the Ka-50 is identical in Main and OB branches despite Main and OB being different versions. If I ask the question "Is Ka-50 ahead/behind/equal between Main and OB branches?" the relative version numbers of OB and Main can not answer this.

Similarly OA is way ahead purely by number but with many modules the OA version are equal or less than a 1.5.X version.

Currently the main page of MB says "M-2000C 2.0.0 Beta" and main page of OB says "M-2000C 1.5.3 Beta" and OA says "M-2000C 2.0.0 Beta". What does all this mean?

Perhaps this can best be demonstrated by the C-101. I know nothing about this module and maybe neither do you. It is present in MB, OB, OA. How many unique versions of C-101 are there? (1, 2, or 3) and which is more modern than the other? And lastly, how would you know?

That is insufficient information. Module progress can be completely independent of DCSW version number.

For example the Ka-50 is identical in Main and OB branches despite Main and OB being different versions. If I ask the question "Is Ka-50 ahead/behind/equal between Main and OB branches?" the relative version numbers of OB and Main can not answer this.

Similarly OA is way ahead purely by number but with many modules the OA version are equal or less than a 1.5.X version.

Currently the main page of MB says "M-2000C 2.0.0 Beta" and main page of OB says "M-2000C 1.5.3 Beta" and OA says "M-2000C 2.0.0 Beta". What does all this mean?

Perhaps this can best be demonstrated by the C-101. I know nothing about this module and maybe neither do you. It is present in MB, OB, OA. How many unique versions of C-101 are there? (1, 2, or 3) and which is more modern than the other? And lastly, how would you know?

In the specific case of the M-2000C, when we submit an update to ED, we update all the existing branches: 1.5.3 Stable, 1.5.3 Open Beta and 2.0.2 Open Alpha. It is up to ED to select which branch will be released to the public.

DECOL(Décollage)

Totally confused here:

Where, how?

No start so far.

Totally confused here:

Where, how?

No start so far.

FBW self test must be done with the engine running.

I'll try to get a video made of the auto-start sequence showing where it is but it is on the left console toward the aft. After engine start, open the FBW test cover, flip the switch, wait 5 seconds and FBW test should pass and go green, turn off test, close cover and you're good to go.

Sorry for the confusion.

No probs. Did some research and found the switches but . . . can't get the engine started. No prob pre-patch. All working OK. Tried my stick settings and also keyboard but still no cigar. Puzzled.

Anything new . . . parking brake is on, everything else is nominal.

You probably didn't put the fuel emergancy shut of valve to off position

Will locate and check.

Can you point me to the area?

I've looked through the manuals and cannot find a fuel emergency shut of valve.

Found it. Thanks for the heads-up. Starts fine now.

Edited by Catseye

Thanks!:thumbup:

But the DECOL light still on. I tried the AP test and for some reason, it worked:helpsmilie:

Same here

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]