Problem with Gun damage

Rlaxoxo

Yep, I'm looking for it...

The question is: Is there a way to reproduce AP and Incendiary effect in DCS rounds ?

Otherwise it may be better to reproduce the OMEI loading (more explosive) than the OSPEI.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yep, I'm looking for it...

The question is: Is there a way to reproduce AP and Incendiary effect in DCS rounds ?

Otherwise it may be better to reproduce the OMEI loading (more explosive) than the OSPEI.

Ya I agree, I'll look into it more

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I have found a Source that tells how much explosive did DEFA shells have

Here is the link:

[ame]https://sin.thecthulhu.com/library/weapons/firearms/training/janes_ammunition_handbook_2008-2009.pdf[/ame]

Page 11

Alright

I've made a new DEFA 552_HE shell that has 30(Edit: 50 now) grams of explosive from what I've gathered on multiple documents about DEFA ammunition

(Reference the Su-27's HE shells carry about 72 grams of explosive)

It really feels like mirage cannons now so ya the problem can be fixed really easily

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

If the fix is so easy to make i hope we can get the info to Razbam since it should not take long to fix it.

And while its not a massive problem it does cause annoyance etc when the weapons dont have the effect they should.

And with the small Air-Air Weapons load of the Mirage 2000 its even more important that the Cannons work like they should and are deadly in air-air combat.

Especially since close combat is currently the area the mirage is deadliest in due to the Radar lock issue that is hampering the ability to use the Super 530s to good effect.

And ive had many times in MP where i run out of magics and are down to the cannon in a dogfight and i get hits without result.

Or at the very least have to expend more ammo and get alot more hits on target then should be needed.

And the cannons have little ammo to start with (only a few seconds of weapons fire)

So any hits that dont kill or cripple the enemy can cause either a enemy to get away or cause you to be killed.

But now since we seem to have found both the problem and the fix it should hopefully not take long for a fix (maby next patch?)

Edited by mattebubben

If the fix is so easy to make i hope we can get the info to Razbam since it should not take long to fix it.

And while its not a massive problem it does cause annoyance etc when the weapons dont have the effect they should.

And with the small Air-Air Weapons load of the Mirage 2000 its even more important that the Cannons work like they should and are deadly in air-air combat.

Especially since close combat is currently the area the mirage is deadliest in due to the Radar lock issue that is hampering the ability to use the Super 530s to good effect.

And ive had many times in MP where i run out of magics and are down to the cannon in a dogfight and i get hits without result.

Or at the very least have to expend more ammo and get alot more hits on target then should be needed.

And the cannons have little ammo to start with (only a few seconds of weapons fire)

So any hits that dont kill or cripple the enemy can cause either a enemy to get away or cause you to be killed.

But now since we seem to have found both the problem and the fix it should hopefully not take long for a fix (maby next patch?)

I agree, tho small tip ... try to format your comments so it's not just 1 row of words then 1 empty line it's kinda hard to read them : P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I fear that ammo definition is not in Razbam's hands :music_whistling:

I don't think so

They've done their own missiles I don't see why not can't they define their own ammo for the DEFA554 cannons

The default Mirage is loaded with DEFA554 guns in the file aircraft_gun_mounts.lua but it's overwriten by the M-2000C.lua in CoreMods/aircraft/M-2000C

So for example if you put you want GAU-8's for mirage you just have to change what guns you want for the Mirage in M-2000C.lua

You can also cheat here and put like 999999 ammo for each gun and it will work in game

Kinda funny how easy it is to hack this game but lucky for us people are playing this for realism not for some kid "I pwn you haha noob" reasons ...

(Tho I might admit it's kinda fun messing with this)

So I don't see any issues why it can't be done

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I have found a Source that tells how much explosive did DEFA shells have

Here is the link:

https://sin.thecthulhu.com/library/weapons/firearms/training/janes_ammunition_handbook_2008-2009.pdf

Page 11

Alright

I've made a new DEFA 552_HE shell that has 30 grams of explosive from what I've gathered on multiple documents about DEFA ammunition

(Reference the Su-27's HE shells carry about 72 grams of explosive)

It really feels like mirage cannons now so ya the problem can be fixed really easily

https://www.google.fr/url?q=http://cnqzu.com/library/Anarchy%2520Folder/Ammunition/Jane's%2520Ammunition%2520Handbook.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiv5Nbv6sjMAhVHthoKHearB8AQFggLMAA&sig2=HNcnCa3d7Nqp2KI7FyCm3A&usg=AFQjCNEvmzDrS8YrG-XHFUEHG_lHOmJv4g

I hope the link will work...

30g is for AG HEI

AA HEI (OMEI) is filled with 50g

SAPHEI (OSPEI) is filled with 18g

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Ah, the 30g did feel a little low but ya it was A-G nice link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Updated the original download link, now the shells contain 50g of explosive element to replicate HE-I - type F 7572 shelll

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Man the more I go into this topic of cannons and research about it the more I'm begging to realize how overpowered the Mirage cannons actually are lol

They have higher One second burst mass then Su-27 lol ...

They totally destroy everything in their path, I'm glad i invested this much time for this because I hope this gets corrected they're so much stronger then the current stock DCS would let you to believe !

Edited by Rlaxoxo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Yea they should be devestating.

Since even if the individual shells are slightly less powerfull then that of the GSH-301 (Su-27/Mig-29) you have two cannons firing at the same or a higher rate of fire (Depending if Limiter of the GSH-301 has been removed or not)

So it should be extremely effective when you hit a target.

Not sure about what those lines are used for jojo but I wanted to say something related to that "Is it hard to define your guns in your own module thing" ...

Well I just took a look at the Sabre guns and everything is defined in DCS World/CoreMods/airplanes/F-86/F-86.lua

They declared their ammo belts, what ammo they use their guns and everything so I can't see any reason why RAZBAM wouldn't be able to do something similar

I mean Using AP ammo to fight air to air is pretty lame if you ask me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

IRL, today they use "multipurpose" SAPHEI (OSPEI in French) with 18g of explosive.

It's a compromise between AP for ground target and muzzle velocity to simplify AA aiming.

But they use to have dedicated ammo for AA and AG.

What about AI aircraft ? Would they use ammo defined in core mod ?

What about AI for someone who doesn't hold the M-2000 module ?

I don't know, just trying to figure out...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Hey guys we have the ability to define our own guns as well as our own shells outside of the default gun and shell tables so we are experimenting with it to find a good fit.

I have such a nice smile on my face right now ...

No other way to describe it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Hey guys we have the ability to define our own guns as well as our own shells outside of the default gun and shell tables so we are experimenting with it to find a good fit.

Very nice! Any chance you look at the asymetric burst limiter in the process?

If you really can do whatever you want, I suggest to create also a paintball ammunition that can be used for mock up fights, with a color effect on the target :D

So what shell did you model in the game now?

I played with you mod. I don't understand why all HE shells are over loaded with explosive (100% of shell weight).

I used OMEI value (0.050kg of explosive instead of 0.263 !!!) and it seems to work just fine Vs both AI fighters (MiG 23/29 Su 27) and light armored vehicles (BTR-80) so far.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

...I was gonna make it shoot silly string but it won't seem to work out aerodynamically :(

Anyways, we've got a nice setup and the gun is actually effective now!

Yeah that would clog the intakes too :)

That is great news I can't wait for it!