hopes for eurofighter typhoon sim...

hi. I hope the Eurofighter typhoon sim will be real hard core.

at the moment I am playing black shark. it's a great sim but it's not hard core. e.g. I can take off without asking for tower permission. I don't need to land at base to end the mission.

I hope there will be an option in the Eurofighter sim to make it real hard core. to do everything that a real Eurofighter pilot has to do.

Of the things you describe that take away from the "hard core" elements of the sim, ATC is controlled by Eagle Dynamics as part of the engine, not part of the aircraft module. ED is working on the ATC, but barring the ATC not working properly nobody is stopping you from contacting ground and tower and following basic procedures.

Regarding not needing to land to complete the mission, this is strictly up to the mission designer. A designer can create landing in a zone (like a base) as success criteria, or can just leave it at the objective being complete. You're always welcome to take your bird back to base, and/or create missions with this criteria as a requirement.

There won't be an option for that in the module VEAO is making. That depends on ED to make the game itself more hardcore. Our 3rd Party developers do everything to get the most realistic simulation out of their modules.

You have to contact the ED Team if you want something like that. Right now ED is working on an advaced ATC system so if you wait a little bit you'll maybe get that what you want.

I thought this thread was going to be more like ; hopes fot eurofighter typhoon sim... Hope Eurofighter typhoon sim will be ready fot Christmas.

Oh well, so i had to say it:doh:

End of thread i suppose;)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

hi. I hope the Eurofighter typhoon sim will be real hard core.

at the moment I am playing black shark. it's a great sim but it's not hard core. e.g. I can take off without asking for tower permission. I don't need to land at base to end the mission.

I hope there will be an option in the Eurofighter sim to make it real hard core. to do everything that a real Eurofighter pilot has to do.

This is a little odd given that in real life their nothing stopping you from taking off from any airfield with ATC permission, apart from the consequence (legal action, court martial Etc)

As already said it is upto the mission design to set the parameters for a successful mission, or just follow the correct procedures yourself.

This is a little odd given that in real life their nothing stopping you from taking off from any airfield with ATC permission, apart from the consequence (legal action, court martial Etc)

As already said it is upto the mission design to set the parameters for a successful mission, or just follow the correct procedures yourself.

Digital Court Martial Simulator incoming?

If you want to be more "Hard-core", I suggest you join a virtual wing that strives to be as real as it gets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Perhaps not that, but - once the ATC is actually working properly - I'd like to at least have something like "Aginor violated ATC protocol" in the log. I don't really remember, but I think I have seen this in sims before. (Maybe it was Falcon or something)

Also I think mission designers should create missions with conditions that enforce (or at least reward) correct/realistic behaviour (many do that already).

Taking off and landing according to procedures, adhering to ROE and so on.

EDIT:

That's a DCSW feature though, or one of the mission, not one of a module.

Edited by Aginor
Perhaps not that, but - once the ATC is actually working properly - I'd like to at least have something like "Aginor violated ATC protocol" in the log. I don't really remember, but I think I have seen this in sims before. (Maybe it was Falcon or something)

Also I think mission designers should create missions with conditions that enforce (or at least reward) correct/realistic behaviour (many do that already).

Taking off and landing according to procedures, adhering to ROE and so on.

EDIT:

That's a DCSW feature though, or one of the mission, not one of a module.

Yes, Falcon courtmartialed you for violating the ATC.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Digital Court Martial Simulator incoming?

lmao

List of new charges include:

1) Not using the unlimited missiles option hence dereliction of duty in defending airspace

2) Taking external screenshots when you should be in the cockpit

3) Aircraft flown in an Unauthorised theatre of operations

:joystick:

;)

In falcon BMS the ATC yells at you for doing wrong stuff. "Falcon 1-1 Wait your turn next time! Falcon 1-1 Expedite!"

To bad for them I am dialed in on the wrong frequency. Maybe with some fancy trigger, condition and LUA work you could make it so that if you take-off without permission you would instantly score 0 points for the mission, forcing you to play the punishment mission next in the campaign. During that mission you do not get to fly but have to listen to toilet scrubbing sounds for 20 minutes.

On a more serious note with the Hawk mostly done now my only real hope is that we'll have her this year. I know that's the plan but with things getting in the way of modules more often than not for every developer I hope that's what will practically be the case, as well as that VEAO is able to simulate atleast a few of her A-G capabilties.

Check my F-15C guide

I was stood next to the Senior ATC in the RAF Spadeadam Control Center, while he turned the air blue b*****king an Italian AMX pilot over the radio, back in 1993.

The pilot had just given an American P-3 pilot permissions to overfly his flight within the boundaries of the range. He was left with no doubt about who was in control of that piece of Airspace.:huh:

When I was doing my RAF Scholarship back in 1998, I had to fly Carlisle - Teeside - Newcastle - Carlisle. I had to cross Spadeadam airspace. ATC contacted me and told me that a flight of 6 Tornado's would be passing overhead in 2 mins and to remain at my altitude.

2 minutes passed and they passed above me, I turned left in my C-152 to get behind them, gave them a quick dagadagadaga and continued on my way.

Sorry, the Spadeadam reference just reminded me. Happy days!!

Edited by N33nor
duh