Upcoming RDI Radar changes

Zeus67

Spent the day working on the radar. The less I say about it, the better.

• Warm-up period has been enabled.
  • Radar will now be available only when there is no weight on wheels. Not even in SIL (Standby Mode).

As for the rest, as I said it was a difficult day.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off-topic, but is there a feature list of Mirage in the release version somewhere? I just convinced myself to buy it :) While it's looking as a solid WiP, there's still quite a lot to do.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

• Radar will now be available only when there is no weight on wheels. Not even in SIL (Standby Mode).

Keep up the good fight brother!

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Take your time with RADAR and INS. No hurries with a good implementation. We want all the bells and switches :D

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Warm-up period has been enabled.

Radar will now be available only when there is no weight on wheels. Not even in SIL (Standby Mode).

A.W.E.S.O.M.E !!!

Question: will you release these radar updates gradually or all in one bundle. For example will radar warmup be enabled in the next updade? Thx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Question: will you release these radar updates gradually or all in one bundle. For example will radar warmup be enabled in the next updade? Thx

They will appear gradually based on ED's update schedule.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Here's today update: IFF interrogation.

Before:

Screen_160225_203049_zpsaeilhku9.jpg

After:

Screen_160225_203100_zpslbdugwfq.jpg

For the time being, the IFF symbols will remain on screen for 30 seconds. I'll probably make the period lower (about 15 seconds).

You will need to use the "Nosewheel Steering/IFF Interrogate" switch (It has a keyboard bind, default key is "S").

Prior to that you must activate the IFF interrogation panel. (There are keyboard bindings as well for this panel).

Check the manual for more information.

Looks very nice,

Any idea when the update hits?

No. That's on ED.

Great thank for fast job!

But i have 2 question about IFF.

-This is a real symbology?

-This is a country interogation or frequences interogation?

Thank

- Yes. As far as I know, these are the real symbols.

- I think this is a faction interrogation as opposed to an IFF frequency interrogation (like the real ones). I am thinking of ways to enable one, but that will require ED's support.

• Like 1

Here's today update: IFF interrogation.

Before:

Screen_160225_203049_zpsaeilhku9.jpg

After:

Screen_160225_203100_zpslbdugwfq.jpg

For the time being, the IFF symbols will remain on screen for 30 seconds. I'll probably make the period lower (about 15 seconds).

You will need to use the "Nosewheel Steering/IFF Interrogate" switch (It has a keyboard bind, default key is "S").

Prior to that you must activate the IFF interrogation panel. (There are keyboard bindings as well for this panel).

Check the manual for more information.

You're the king !! Awesome !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are the man Zeus, we worship you on top of Mt Olympus !

Quick question aka Iff the symbology will be listed in manual and or until that is updated could we get a list of what symbology goes with what faction?

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Any chance those IFF settings were already sent to ED for testing?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]