Removed

CptSmiley

This aircraft is really capable, and if you look at it, IRL the airplane costs were lower compared to real air superiority fighter (witch the 2000C is not) and yet it can almost do the same job.

The M-2000C was designed as an interceptor.

The M-4000 was the air superiority design. It later evolved into the Rafale.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do i change the scan modes in the Mirage fron HFR to other modes? iv'e had the mirage for this long and i still havent figured that out yet xD

PRF Selector on the radar panel. [HFR / ENT / BFR]

UYSE3WI.jpg

Not to sure how the implementation of it is though. I have tried it a couple of times (last week while flying very very low) en saw a change in icons (squares) in the radar at BFR, but felt it wasn't working properly (yet). I guess because of problems with the antenna elevation (read somewhere it was still very much a work in progress).

*edit*

I was to slow in typing my message :D Nice one Hydrox

REMINDER.

PRF Selector on the radar panel. [HFR / ENT / BFR]

UYSE3WI.jpg

Not to sure how the implementation of it is though. I have tried it a couple of times (last week while flying very very low) en saw a change in icons (squares) in the radar at BFR, but felt it wasn't working properly (yet). I guess because of problems with the antenna elevation (read somewhere it was still very much a work in progress).

*edit*

I was to slow in typing my message :D Nice one Hydrox

BEFORE YOU ASK.

Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post

Dashed lines: Jammer. Red = Strong signal; Yellow = Weak signal, near burnthrough; Green = Burnthrough. You can see the contact again.

Contact icons without data are fakes created by enemy jamming equipment.

BFR (Low PRF): Nearly impervious to notching but highly susceptible to ground returns. Reduced range. Target lock disabled. Contact icons are hollow squares.

ENT (Interleaved, a mix of LPRF and HPRF): Tries to get the best of LPRF and HPRF. Medium range. TWS lock only. Contact icons are "V".

HFR (High PRF): Full doppler radar. Susceptible to notching but not to ground returns. Max range available. STT and TWS locks available. This is the only mode that can guide weapons. Contact icons are "V".

The jamming icons/functionality are WiP and are not final. This was under development when the quake hit. Since it is stable I decided to release it in this patch. Jamming functionality is all WAGuess since nobody will ever publish their radar ECM and ECCM capabilities.

Enemy jamming decreases radar range between 50% to 60%

Attention: Radar antenna movements with a locked target has been improved, but it is not thoroughly tested thanks to the quake. Radar lock loss ratio should decrease. Please inform if that is the case or not.

as it is now you can still TWS in BFR so it's still WIP i guess? but this is what was said.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

BEFORE YOU ASK.

as it is now you can still TWS in BFR so it's still WIP i guess? but this is what was said.

Yeah, i'm sure it's just a matter of time before it's working :thumbup:

On another note. I have been getting radar loses for some time now, (yes, i am familiar with the TWS issues). But have the problems even on STT mode (at pretty short ranges). But I have finally managed to capture it on video.

I get a good lock on TWS, get in the kill range, switch to STT. Fire.. target is still in front of me, few seconds, radar contact gonzo..

Is this a bug, expected behaviour, or am I just failing? :smartass:

[ame]

[/ame]

*I am running the latest beta

Edited by CrashO

On another note. I have been getting radar loses for some time now, (yes, i am familiar with the TWS issues). But have the problems even on STT mode (at pretty short ranges). But I have finally managed to capture it on video.

I get a good lock on TWS, get in the kill range, switch to STT. Fire.. target is still in front of me, few seconds, radar contact gonzo..

Thank to report this problem with a video.:thumbup:

This is exactly what did happen to me on 104th, PIC, S530D, good lock + missile fired.

Hello, are you working an a Pilot Body for Virtual reality user? I'm flying with the Oculus CV1 an i think im Hollowman in the Mirage :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

This is not a bug, this is expected behaviour.

The contact is lower than you (= in ground clutter) so your radar use doppler filter.

And then he beams you = goes into the blind zone for your radar, which lose lock.

Try again while being lower than him! ;)

= = = =

@ OldE24: no red or yellow dashed lines anymore vs a jamming target; that was not realistic and has been removed. Now "only" the fake contacts & green dashed line (above BT) + the real contact and its closing mach (below BT).

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

This is not a bug, this is expected behaviour.

The contact is lower than you (= in ground clutter) so your radar use doppler filter.

And then he beams you = goes into the blind zone for your radar, which lose lock.

With beaming, you mean him pointing his radar towards me? Because it was a (radar-less) Mig-15. Or do you just mean keeping him above my horizon to avoid getting (keeping..) him between me and the ground?

Is this just some sort of "prone to error" rate (which will sometimes work and sometimes fail), or something that the mirage just can't really do? Because losing contacts that fly just 500ft below me, at 8000ft and 3 miles range seems a bit.. basic. And a real handicap when it comes to pvp. Mig-21 sorta has the same problem with having to fly under enemy's. But thats a 1950s era piece of kit :P

*edit*

Ok, think I kinda get it now. (after looking at the tacview and 90 degrees explanation from Bacab). The sharp turn from the mig caused the mig's speed (in comparison to mine) to be practically zero == background for the filter, so byebye lock.

515ae39484382878bbf7588e96ece73e.gif

So I get it now :D (and still think it's a pita :) )

Edited by CrashO
tacview

With beaming, you mean him pointing his radar towards me? Because it was a (radar-less) Mig-15. Or do you just mean keeping him above my horizon to avoid getting (keeping..) him between me and the ground?

Is this just some sort of "prone to error" rate (which will sometimes work and sometimes fail), or something that the mirage just can't really do? Because losing contacts that fly just 500ft below me, at 8000ft and 3 miles range seems a bit.. basic. And a real handicap when it comes to pvp. Mig-21 sorta has the same problem with having to fly under enemy's. But thats a 1950s era piece of kit :P

Every doppler radar suffer from this flaw, some less than others but they all do. When a target is below you with an aspect angle close to 90 degrees its speed, projected on the axis that join your plane and the target, is near zero and the radar is using this speed to differentiate the target's echo from the ground. So basically in your situation your radar is taking the MiG-15 for the ground.

Edited by Bacab

To be completely accurate, the doppler filter removes objects whose closure speed is equal to the speed of your own aircraft

Yeah, should have said the radial speed.

Edit: corrected my original message.

Edited by Bacab

With all sai, let's not forget DCS is about realism, and not PvP balance.

PVP as it's done currently most of the time in DCS is all about 1 vs 1 at low altitude regarding air to air. Indeed the Mirage was never intended to shine in this situation.

I'm having the same issue, and no matter if the target is higher or lower than me.

Ironically I'm able to see the target with my own eyes, but sometime it disappears from the radar or I lose a solid STT lock.

The Mirage radar act randomly... it's like playing the lottery: the enemy is there, you are following him, but then it losses the lock, then you need to wait for the radar to find it again, you need to STT ... and repeat this multiple times over and over again, hoping to finally have a clean shot.

I do not have any similar issue with any other aircraft (with a doppler radar) in DCS. I really love the Mirage, but I'm getting very frustrating of flying and being shot ten times while I lose the easiest targets because of the crazy radar.

I know we're (much) in WIP, but I want to be sure that this bugs will be fixed, because if this is how it will work in the final version, I will consider to switch back to the the vanilla fighters and wait for a something better (the F18.. the F14.. or whatever it will be).

With all sai, let's not forget DCS is about realism, and not PvP balance.

This is a naive statement: you cannot talk about "realism" for a single component in a multiplayer environment, if all the other elements aren't equally (realistically) represented.

So if you make that aircraft 100% realistic, but leaving another couple only 50% realistic, then your 100% realistic aircraft will not be realistic anymore because it will be put in a unrealistic scenario. It will OK only when flying alone, or with other identical aircrafts (it's not the case of DCS).

It's like putting a champion swimmer in a pool, but then changing his water with dense oil.. the performance will not be realistic anymore.

This is (also) a PvP multiplayer game/sim, and the balance is an important factor. There's many way to balance a game without affecting the realism (in example by limiting certain weapons usage in certain scenarios.. and such).

PvP should never drive decisions behind limiting or changing the behaviour of an aircraft and its systems. If another aircraft is less realistic an thus more powerful its that module's devs problem. You shouldn't water down or limit a module because of shortcomings of others.

A fair PvP scenario should be enforced (if so desired) by the server and its rules.

• Like 1

I do not have any similar issue with any other aircraft (with a doppler radar) in DCS. I really love the Mirage, but I'm getting very frustrating of flying and being shot ten times while I lose the easiest targets because of the crazy radar.

I know we're (much) in WIP, but I want to be sure that this bugs will be fixed, because if this is how it will work in the final version, I will consider to switch back to the the vanilla fighters and wait for a something better (the F18.. the F14.. or whatever it will be).

I do not know if this is a feature or a bug, but every radar should be different and comparing huge radars like the one in the SU-27 and F-15 and it capabilities to to others like the RDI is comparing apple and oranges. The orange will not taste like an apple no matter how much you want it to. The same goes if you compare F-15 with an F-16 radar and others. Also, if modeled correctly, there is no guaranty the F-14 nor the F/A-18 radars won't suffer from the same.

This is (also) a PvP multiplayer game/sim, and the balance is an important factor.

Where does it say that? I have been playing this PvE for years and with so many different aircraft, there is never going to be "balance" unless we all fly the same aircraft.

I really appreciate how RAZBAM is constantly letting us know what they are doing and updating this aircraft.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

PvP should never drive decisions behind limiting or changing the behaviour of an aircraft and its systems. If another aircraft is less realistic an thus more powerful its that module's devs problem. You shouldn't water down or limit a module because of shortcomings of others.

A fair PvP scenario should be enforced (if so desired) by the server and its rules.

Only if the developer gives the possibility to apply those rules.

If the scenario is: Mirage is ultra-realistic, but the Su27 and the F-15 are not, so they are overpowered.. a poor soul will have the only option of playing on a Mirage only server, or play PvE or on a Mirage only server.

Knowing that this is the case will help to keep the decision: if this will be the case even in the final Mirage release, who is interested to play only PvP (like me), will have the only option to abandon the Mirage for something else.. or he will never have a chance.

While, if we know that this is a bug.. then the story is different, we just have to wait for the fix.. whenever it will come.

I love the competition... but the competition must be fair, I'm honest: i wouldn't join a motor bike race.. with a bicycle, maybe some persons will enjoy it too.. but I like to play having (almost) the same odds.

So to resume: is the current radar and STT lock heavily bugged, or this is (almost) the effective potential of the Mirage 2000D? ...I think it's bettor to know today, than investing more time, hoping that it will get any better *in pvp* anytime in the future.

This!

After all, DCS is no e-sport game. Each aircraft should be modeled (by any dev, for that matter) as realistic as possible. A lot of folks buy DCS modules for the sake of flying them offline, enjoying their fidelity. MP should never be a driving factor - or limiting factor - for the realism of a DCS module... :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I think ED should forget whole meaningless SP and concentrate on MP only. First I'd suggest nerfing the rest of the missiles so that they would have similar stats, after that concentrate on the planes and make them all behave the same way. My suggestion is, all missiles range 10km, and planes speed M1.0 or something similar.

I think ED should forget whole meaningless SP and concentrate on MP only. First I'd suggest nerfing the rest of the missiles so that they would have similar stats, after that concentrate on the planes and make them all behave the same way. My suggestion is, all missiles range 10km, and planes speed M1.0 or something similar.

Everybody is free to have an opinion but this??

You might be ironic though.

The sarcasm is strong with you.:thumbup: This sounds almost like something found on the Mechwarrior Online forums. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com