Fuel tank drag

Hydrox

I'm using 1.5.3 stable and have 2.0.2. Both have module 2.0.0 beta.

Problem is when loading all three fuel tanks (weight 92%), I hardly can takeoff from Nellis, haven't tried in Caucasus or any other airport though, so don't know if it's DCS 2.0.2 problem or general modules problem.

Edit: Tried to takeoff from Kutaisi, and couldn't even get the plane off runway. Also it started to drift to left and right... with no wind.

Edited by Hydrox

See this what happens, in this one I try to pull up gently, but something weird happens.. Like tires go into runway or something... these weird things happen only when having some fuel tank/tanks with one tank this hasn't (yet?) happened. Too high speed on runway? But what can you do when plane don't rise.

Edited by Hydrox

Example of tires going inside runway, I hear some sound, first I thought my back touched runway if I pulled too much nose up, but that isn't it. So this is why it's hard to get airborne.

(Nevada)

Use Air to Air FBW mode and wait till you reach 200+ knots before pulling up

And try to use left or right brake seperately in order to center the aircraft rather then using rudder

See what happens

200 kts is probably really close to the design limits on the tires, you should be able to get airborne before that point.

Use Air to Air FBW mode and wait till you reach 200+ knots before pulling up

And try to use left or right brake seperately in order to center the aircraft rather then using rudder

See what happens

No need of AA FBW mode.

With that weight rotate at 160kt.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No need of AA FBW mode.

With that weight rotate at 160kt.

I encountered a bug when I flew with combat air patrol loadout and A-G FBW mode I couldn't pitch up for take off no matter what what speed that's why I told him to try that just in case

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Must be some drag/weight error bug-like thingy. A symmetrical plane won't go turning by itself like that. At least I can use 1 tank though, but many times I like longer flights, so I just put unlimited fuel on and deal with it. I'm sure this will be fixed.

Edited by Hydrox

I encountered a bug when I flew with combat air patrol loadout and A-G FBW mode I couldn't pitch up for take off no matter what what speed that's why I told him to try that just in case

Ok, bug tracking is complicated with all these versions, 1.5.3 Stable Release, 1.5 Open Beta, 2.0 Alpha...:joystick:

I did my last test in 1.5 Open Beta and no problem to rotate with 3 full tanks.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Ok, bug tracking is complicated with all these versions, 1.5.3 Stable Release, 1.5 Open Beta, 2.0 Alpha...:joystick:

I did my last test in 1.5 Open Beta and no problem to rotate with 3 full tanks.

I can't reproduce it 100% it' happens rarely

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit