DCS Update - 1.2.10.32095.521 Fails.

Mrmaverick

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,, I am confused! I have been following all these posts for days, maybe thats why my head is spinning. Most of my issues were caused by the "aircrafts" folder being changed to "aircraft", Is this now NOT the case with the latest? Did DCS revert back to "aircrafts" instead of "aircraft" on the current update?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Good point, Fakum. The issue as such should be resolved by now, but who knows if all is working correctly if who-knows-what went wrong earlier when trying to update...

@Altflieger:

Is there a folder "mods\aircrafts" in your DCS installation directory? If so, does it perhaps contain a sub-folder "FW-190D9"?

In that case I would delete the whole "aircrafts" folder it and perform a "Repair DCS". But before you run the repair, delete any contents that perhaps exist in the folder "_downloads" in your DCS installation directory (remains of earlier, probably errorneous/failed update or repair attempts).

If that "aircrafts" folder does not exist, I am slowly running out of ideas. Maybe post your DCS.log and ME.log after you tried to get into a mission with the Dora. Maybe we can find something in there.

If that all does not help, I would suggest you file a support ticket ...

I was responding to ArtJ's post (#193) where he states

"folder structure is clean (no "aircraft" vs "aircrafts" mess),"

Just wondering,,, haven't seen any other mention anywhere where this was reverted back?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I was responding to ArtJ's post (#193) where he states

"folder structure is clean (no "aircraft" vs "aircrafts" mess),"

Just wondering,,, haven't seen any other mention anywhere where this was reverted back?

Ouch, I should rephrase it to avoid confusion. There's only one folder, and it's "aircrafT" indeed. That's the first thing I checked after running "hotfixed" updater from Sept 18th, which downloaded ~850 MB of content by the way (instead of ~1GB+ reported for the previous version). But then again, I had no aircraft related mods installed previously, only ground and cloud textures, so maybe that's why my updating went relatively straightforward (with the only exception of lost campaign record).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks for clarifying that,,,, standing by as I dont know what they are doing, at least clearly know I should say,,

Like to say that finally have updated and got the Dora and P51 installed. After completely removing my install, including the "to be removed manually" ED folder. I used the files I had downloaded in May this year (1.2.8 something) and to install, then tried updating from that. Using the start menu entry I pressed update. A box appeared and saying very briefly "downloading new update" then almost instantly changed to say "initialising". From then on it remains "initialising" having entered some kind of loop with no way of shutting it down apart from a hard reboot, switching off the power in other words. Switching on again and back at the desktop gets the message "this software is incompatabile with this version of windows" when the DCS World desktop shortcut was pressed. Nothing apart from the "unistall" option worked in the start menu DCS listing....

So delete then reinstall 1.2.8. This time I used the updater linked elsewhere on the forum by c0FF and before running the 1.2.8 install replaced the older updater with the newer. This time it did actually update to 1.2.10 current version. Module manager then displayed both P51 and the Dora for install, and with heart in mouth clicked on Dora install, which somewhat suprisingly after all the previous grief, actually installed. As did the P51.

Quick flight in the Dora very late last night, whatever Yoyo did it seems a lot more docile. If you download and replace your current updater with the c0ff version the update should work without problem if you're not using mods, which I wasn't. I believe the aircrafts/aircraft thing is resolved now with the current update, the folder being renamed aircraft without a problem if you have no mods.

I wasn't running any campaigns, but I'm still a major and have a medal, as I was before the update. (Why I was promoted and given a medal I don't know. A curious type of bug?). So back to flying for me, for now. I'm really looking forward to installing EDGE....S!

So If I understand you correctly, at this time, you should not simply allow DCS to do the update. You should find an updater link located somewhere else withing these threads (I know I seen it somewhere, just dont remember)?

Im still holding back out of confusion,, I spent many hours yesterday going through my journals and made a list of all the .lua file I have altered for various reasons e.g. Monitor config etc, and also the use of Peter P's files for the purpose of the exports to my Touchscreen for Helios. I admit, I have no idea what king of compatibility issues I am going to encounter or what to try and change to make it all work again. When I tried 2 days ago, it was complete failure,,,

Peter P. if your following this, do you plan on making any changes to your files for exporting MFCD's etc to accommodate the changes?

There is a huge amount of stuff around regarding the issues with this patch, so please excuse me if this has been answered:

Do the problems being reported only affect updated installations, or will they still be a problem with a complete reinstall, too? (not referring to mods).

Thanks.

There is a huge amount of stuff around regarding issues, so dont feel you are alone in trying to understand what is going on, Im still confused as to how to handle the update in its current state, and since I dont have any clarity on what the focus will be on resolving them and when we can expect some specific issues to be resolved (if at all) I too am just totally confused as to what to do. Its been since the release that I have been unable to join multiplayer servers, I may just spend many hours trying to find a way to fix my issues pertaining to exporting problems etc since I have the ability to just quickly reformat my SSD drive and reload the original image back in place and start over again,, huge investment in time, but I dont know what else to do myself,,,

There is a huge amount of stuff around regarding the issues with this patch, so please excuse me if this has been answered:

Do the problems being reported only affect updated installations, or will they still be a problem with a complete reinstall, too? (not referring to mods).

Thanks.

The problem will exist with a complete reinstall, and it is then updated to the most recent release (albeit the install problem with the Su-25T training missions is now fixed).

My recommendation is to hold off with this update, unless you need to get your hands on the MiG-21bis, since this most recent update is the only version that you can install in order to get the MiG-21bis running with.

Now, if you can do without the MiG-21, then why not try without the latest update, or revert your installation to the earlier release until such time as the clangers get fixed...

If you are running a "non-steam" version of DCS you could try the process (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030) to revert to an earlier version that doesn't have the campaign and mission issues etc.

Of course, the choice is yours at the end of the day.

Regards

So If I understand you correctly, at this time, you should not simply allow DCS to do the update. You should find an updater link located somewhere else withing these threads (I know I seen it somewhere, just dont remember)?

Just for the record, I did let DCS do all the update stuff automatically. Thus I believe "updated version of the updater" is on the DCS website already.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

ok,, the problem I had with not doing the update was that I could not connect to the server I usually fly on,,, kept getting connection interruptions because I was not current and the server was.

This time around, I let DCS do the update again, this left both an "aircraft" and "aircrafts" folder in the Mods directory, I left that alone. Flew the A-10C and all was well except that Helios would not work because I was now not exporting the guages and MFCD's etc as it should. In the past, the procedure was to take the generated backup files created by the update and copy them (Mods & Scripts) over the ones in the root directory. So I opened up the backed up Mods file in "_backup.017" 1st and changed the "aircrafts" sub folder and renamed it "aircraft". Then I took the backed up Mods and Scripts files and copied over and replaced existing. Now, all is well Im happy to say,, when the update came out originally, this did NOT work well at all. So far, so good.

Copying the Backup.xx/Mods/Aircarfts/A-10C/Cockpit/SCRIPTS/ Folder

To the mods/Aircraft/A-10C/Cockpit/Scripts/ Folder isnt that hard.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Your absolutely correct! Easy as pie, been doing it for a couple years now, but the 1st day the update came out, this is what happened when I did just that:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130611

Edited by Fakum

• 3 weeks later...

I done this and it worked perfectly :

1/ go in your folder C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_downloads\Mods/aircraft/SU-25T/Missions/EN/Training/Combat Employment

2/ Open "PAINT" and save in this folder a blank page as PNG and name it "image"

3/ update DCS

It worked for me ...

• 4 weeks later...

I went into the Module Manager, unchecked SU25 (requires restarting the sim), than manually selected update. Update was a success message followed, went back in and checked su25 in the module manager. LG Baby!

NUTS!!!