RomeoKilo's Pit

romeokilo

Ray, you are doing some really impressive work. Your attention to detail is outstanding. Your photography is also excellent.

I guess you'll be starting the electronics part pretty soon. That's where I am now. I thought the wiring part was going to be a breeze but it's actually so much more encompassing than the panels. Lots of tedious stuff like wiring harnesses and power rails and so many PCB's. :doh:. Lots of fun.:music_whistling: Actually it is a lot of fun but extremely intense and time consuming. You'll love it. :thumbup:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers lads. :thumbup:

Not looking forward to it at all Warhog.

I've got a whole bunch of Leo Bodnars and Groovey Game Gear cards that I have had since before Ardunio came on the scene- I am going to utilize them where I can so that should make life a little easier.

I am planning out everything now and ordering the last of the switches I need.

Before I start wiring I want the panel back light system complete so I'm soldering that up now. Tedious to say the least. :mad:

Hard to photograph on my phone but it looks pretty smooth in real life. :thumbup:

20160630_172631_zpsr7r58dko.jpg

20160630_172637_zpsj0ld7cvi.jpg

Dude, I have posted a thread on my office chair stands I just made, and a forum mod has moved it to this section of the forum which I didn't know exist. I clicked around a bit, and I'm absolutely blown away by your build. It is incredible and I don't understand how you make half of that stuff, much less how to communicate with DCS to have real gauge needles moving etc...

In my next life, I will do just this thing that you do!

Nice job, congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

63a166974c4a4bb0bf5de6688bc33ab9.jpg

Ignore the canopy defog knob- that ones temporary.

I haven't backlit the guages yet but I'll get around to it. I'm contemplating doing them in white instead of green to break it all up a bit.

All are separate assemblies and are ready for servos and needles as well.

^agreed. I'll probably implement one in mine once I get to building it lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Cup holder!

-snip: pic of amazing pit -

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Man...are you *sure* you don't want to make that deeper? I'd hate for you to knock over your beer while flying!

Funny story. About 25 years ago, an IBM contractor came to the datacenter to check on something. He asked if he could bring in his coffee (with plastic lid on it) as he was *really* tired. I was a stickler about not allowing any drinks in the datacenter (for obvious reasons)

Within 5 minutes, he knocked over his coffee on top of the drive expansion box. With the lid, it only spilled a little bit and was contained to the top of the box. My life flashed before me.

That's what you get when you break your own rules.

I thought the story was apropos! :D:smartass:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

Just fired this up for the first time.

The picture really doesnt do it justice. I am happy.

I still have to get some transparent green plastic so i can cut a cover for the OLED. That should tone down its brightness make it match the panels a bit better .

Also- The Brightness pot wont be able to dim the OLED, so ill put the push buttons on a different circuit to the panel markings and that pot will dim them separately.

c32c04022a9f1299817f80c5e41fb7a1.jpg

The push buttons are all working. No custom PCBs, i just cut some small squares off a prototyping PCB and soldered on a tactile switch and a single LED for each button.

ac4a4b131cd3863bfd46b02711a30d0d.jpg

I havent interfaced it all with the sim yet and havent got all the switches connected. Still learning about Arduinos...

Edited by romeokilo