FreeTrack and A-10C (64bt) HeadTracker Implementation

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not wrong, there isn't a headtracker folder inde the bin folder.

That folder must be created by you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

hi all

trying to get flying again in dcs world 1.2.2 with my outdated tracIR 2 , latest TrackIRFixer1.4.0.25 says wrong version or wrong encryption .

I used to just replace the newinput.dll for a "fixed" one , and voila tir 2 working . can anyone who successfully ran TrackIRFixer send me the fixed newinput.dll ?

pm me please for my email address

thanks in advance .

p.s. also tried latest freetrack , the program will not start in win 7 for me .

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use DCS world 1.2.2 basic version only with SU25T on W8 Pro 64 bit.

How can I zoom with my headtracker without use mouse.I used everythong in topic here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...35#post1448435 .HeadtrackNOIR is working but only pitch and yaw.Zoom and rool no way.Any help with this?

(I can`t change anything in server or view lua my game is not working anymore.It stop and freeze when is downloading any mission.I have to use hardreset for my computer.)

Thanx.

THere is a simple solution for this.

Go to instalation dir/mods/aircrafts/su25t/input/headtracker u need to edit default.lua from that folder

All u have to do is paste this

{combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_Z'}}, action = iCommandViewZoomAbs, name = 'Zoom View'},

Over {combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_Z'}}ction = iCommandViewLongitudeTransAbs, }

If more help needed just send me a PM

It works for all mods the same.

Edited by trooph

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I made a new build for the headtracker plugin, because I was annoyed by the crash when exiting the sim ! :huh:

All is in the zip, readme, 32bit build, 64bit build, source, codeblocks project.

I only tested 64bit build.

headtracker_ed_popux.zip

It is based on this sources : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1234317&postcount=28

Have fun !

Edited by popux
forgot something

Will this work with an old TrackIR 2? The only issue with TIR2 is that the DLL in A10 is not compatible.

Hi,

Could you please telle me what do I have to do to make TrackIR2 works in DCS A-10 or DCS World? I tried freetrack, facetracknoir, etc. with no luck. They don't detect my device.

Thanks.

Popux, did you invert the pitch axis when doing it from scratch?

When I replaced the headtracker with your file, looking up moves the view down and viceversa... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Ah yes, I don't know why, but I removed the inversion...

I will fix this in another release. And I will add some stuffs to simulate non symmetrical curves (like in the facetrack v170). For example with the Z axis, to be able to limit how much you can go forward, but still be able to go full backward. I think it's possible to do that with the 6DOF cockpit parameters of the game, but I don't want to mess with the game files !

• 1 month later...

Hi, I know this thread is old but I just started using facetracknoir with ps3 eye. I got it working but I used the headtracker.dll and DCS_A10C.ini files from facetracknoir site. It works but I have to tweak the curves and i'm still not satisfied.

Does the OP headtracker.dll and headtracker.prefs work better from the start? also do I leave DCS_A10C.ini in the headtracker folder if I'm using the OP files?

Thanks guys.

The thing is... there are 3 different headtracker.dll by now...

And all have their pros and cons...

Try all three and see which suits you best...

For example... if I remember good, one headtracker won't let you move view with pow keys if your headtracking softvare is off before starting the sim - the other will...

Then, I remember a problem where one dll would re-center my view whenever I stopped tracking in-game - the other wouldn't...

The last one was re-done by some dude cause crashed Freetrack in newest sim version after disconnect or something but had pitcha and/or yaw switched directions...

All in all it's a lot of crap that should get sorted out... I have 3 of them in my bin folder (the other 2 renamed) and kill me If I know which one am I using now...

So it would be nice if we had one that is stated as best and confirmed to work good...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 2 weeks later...

I never have any trouble with freetrack. I'll check what version DLL I have but the only thing I had to do was invert the pitch axis. I have Windows8 64 bit and DCS version 1.2.4

John

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so long time no update! Here's a fresh build of my head tracker dll that should cure some issues encountered with the DCS Huey module, specifically being unable to use the mouse to control the door guns. The update makes a check on the data id value returned from FreeTrack to see if new values have been supplied. If there is no new data then no values are passed on to DCS World. This now allows FreeTrack to be paused, thus allowing mouse control to take over again in the sim (so long as you press lalt-c too)

HeadTracker Binaries.zip

HeadTracker Sources.zip

Hope this helps people out who have been struggling with this issue. I've given it a quick test this morning, and in true developer fashion I can say "it works on my machine" ;)

Edited by samtheeagle
  • Like 2

Luckily I can give rep to you. :)

So many thanks man! Great job!

Edit: I think you should open a new thread for this.

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I think you should open a new thread for this.

Yeah, not a bad idea. I've already posted in the threads relating to these head tracking issues, but a more generic thread might be an idea now. This isn't just for the A10 anymore :)

Edit: Here - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1888323

Edited by samtheeagle