P-51 ..can I land on a aircraft carrier ship?

There are no WWII units in the game, aside from the aircraft modules themselves.

Whether you can land on the modern carrier is probably a matter of skill. Of course, you don't have an arrestor hook, so stopping might be somewhat problematic. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The Mustang can land on the modern carriers just fine, and if you dig, pretty sure there are some nice custom mods out there for WWII ships. Those tend to be a bit shorter though pretty sure, so a hook would definitely come in handy there.

Ok, great, I can't find a mod download section

Any idea where these are?

"Mods and Apps" section of the forum is the place to browse through.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A trick can be to set a strong headwind to shorter both landing and take off.

I think there's a video by Ralfidude where they land the A-10C on a carrier - using a 100Kph headwind - so you can theoretically land any plane on a carrier :)

Given some RL headwind footage of SLA planes I've seen, you could even land backwards.

But remind me, i try this often but i can say it's now years ago there was bug where push your plane after full stop from deck. It's still there?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Try this: DCS: Normandy 1944

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Guys, here...

With this headwind quite easy to land an A-10 on the carrier...

Enjoy.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Hi all

Is there an ww2 style aircraft carrier I can land on

I couldn't find one in the editor

Or Is it possible to land on the modern one?

A ww2 would be better of course

Weeeeell..... maybe :D

Battleships Bismark. Post #229

The Fletcher class DD can be downloaded from the regular DCS Download section.

Have fun!!

damn, that deck is so
tiny
when you're trying to land
:joystick:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 months later...

I landed TF-51D, 109, F-5 and A-10C on the USN aircraft carrier. I have to admit that it was driving 30 knots.

F-5 is most difficult.

OS: Win10 | Hardware: Z97 Mainboard, i7 4790k @4Ghz, GTX980, 4x4GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Ram, TM Warthog (w/ Extension) + Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TIR5 with Custom Clip

See here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173948

Back up files!

To add a hook,

Open the default.lua in the P51 keyboard folder using notepad++

Add this line,

{combos = {{key = 'G', reformers = {'LAlt'}}}, down = iCommandPlaneHook, name = 'Tail Hook', category = 'Systems'},

to the systems section.

To take off, Taxi to the end of the deck, apply brakes, and Go!

A angled deck helps a lot!

Good Luck. Your going to need it!:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

you can land, but stopping is a whole nuther thing... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

See here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173948

Back up files!

To add a hook,

Open the default.lua in the P51 keyboard folder using notepad++

Add this line,

{combos = {{key = 'G', reformers = {'LAlt'}}}, down = iCommandPlaneHook, name = 'Tail Hook', category = 'Systems'},

to the systems section.

To take off, Taxi to the end of the deck, apply brakes, and Go!

A angled deck helps a lot!

Good Luck. Your going to need it!:D

Tried to get this to work by landing the the CVN-70 USS Carl Vincent.

Couldn't get the "tail hook" to catch the arresting cables.

Not sure if it's because the tail hook wasn't deploying (there is of course no graphics of it, nor an indicator), or my poor landing skills.

annoyed.gif

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Sitting here reading and forgot what board I was on. I was thinking of long ago when Aces high was in the early stages you could land a DC 3 on a carrier if done just right. :-)

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

Sitting here reading and forgot what board I was on. I was thinking of long ago when Aces high was in the early stages you could land a DC 3 on a carrier if done just right. :-)
If done "just right" it was possible to land a 747 in a carrier in FS :lol:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Well, yes; it's not really THAT hard to land on one of those big fat aircraft carriers normally. But I was trying to use the Tail Hook.

I''m wondering if the arresting cables might not be functional on the Carl Vincent---also doesn't answer to calls for ATC---, and that the Kuznetsov does work and was suggested because of this.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler