Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

I brought back the old folder with 1.5.3 and the issue is gone. Something very off with tracking on 1.5.4. I'll wait for a fix. No idea what old snap settings means. If that's an option I never configured it. The new update is definitely the issue.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Anybody have issues with Pixel Density?

When I try anything higher than 1.0 the menu disappears and I have to close the game task manger!

I have the same issue,I have the head tracking issues inside the cockpit also. I would NOT recommend downloading this update. I would skip it and wait for a fix,it is unplayable in its current state.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Same issue inside the cockpit of the A-10C, when you move forward it doesn't move 1:1 it's as if you move in both the X axis and Y axis. Not enough incentive for me to roll back, though.

Kneeboard works!!! F10 still seems to have issues. Not seeing the terrain but only had a quick look.

I've been unable to get zoom to work on anything but outside views. I was under the impression they would work similarly to the way it used to work prior to VR. Perhaps I was mistaken?

Had to implement the fix as per SkateZilla's post otherwise the menu disappeared when I backed out of it and was left alone, in the hangar. :(

Same issue inside the cockpit of the A-10C, when you move forward it doesn't move 1:1 it's as if you move in both the X axis and Y axis. Not enough incentive for me to roll back, though.
Enable mouse look and move the view up until the horizon is leveled when you look 90 degrees left or right and then head tracking should be fine. Be careful using mouse look though, can be nauseous.

Is there a fix for the disappearing menu? I found a fix in another thread for the borked tracking by editing the views.lua of every aircraft. I am glad the kneeboard is there but I have to see if there is a way to stretch it out because it's very narrow and has the same problem as the one in surround has being that it is designed for a 1080p monitor.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Is there a fix for the disappearing menu? I found a fix in another thread for the borked tracking by editing the views.lua of every aircraft. I am glad the kneeboard is there but I have to see if there is a way to stretch it out because it's very narrow and has the same problem as the one in surround has being that it is designed for a 1080p monitor.

We have a new VR bugs section for the beta. A fix for the issue is posted here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169019

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Processed this morning! :D :D :D

Funny, cause I had some mild ticker issues after my morning shower and jokingly said to the missus that it must mean my Rift was being processed. Imagine my face when I checked my email! :)

Soon be with ya, guys!

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Anyone know how to make the kneeboard bigger? It looks like it was designed for 1080 instead of VR and the PDF pages I imported are all squeezed together on the horizontal axis. Also I have to hold down the k key constantly to keep it up. A toggle would be nice.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

Is there any possibility to use a joystick button as a modifier? Now that kneeboard and mouse clicks with joystick buttons work, which is great, I don't have enough spare buttons for them all!

You've always been able to use joystick buttons as modifiers. Do you mean you cant use them as modifiers with the VR controls?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Anyone know how to make the kneeboard bigger? It looks like it was designed for 1080 instead of VR and the PDF pages I imported are all squeezed together on the horizontal axis. Also I have to hold down the k key constantly to keep it up. A toggle would be nice.

Right Shift + K

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Having really weird issue with my 1.5 beta install. 1.5 release and 2.0 work fine in VR. Yesterday I uninstalled my beta version due to a corrupt update (I still had the separate multiplayer icon for some reason and my rift was not being detected unless I launched from that icon). I uninstalled and removed all traces of the beta from my program files and saved games folders. I downloaded the latest beta installer. Installed the beta and it still does not detect my rift! I tried repair several times. The sim runs fine. Shows the latest version number but my rift stays off (yes VR is enabled in options and the options lua has been fixed).

I think it must be something to do with files which are being pulled from my 1.5 or 2.0 installations. Both of those have no mods enabled and run VR fine yet I can't think what else could cause this.

Is there a way to install 1.5 beta so it does not pull files from existing installs and downloads the entire thing clean? Or is there anywhere other than program files and saved games where remnants of the old installation could persist after uninstalling?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

You've always been able to use joystick buttons as modifiers. Do you mean you cant use them as modifiers with the VR controls?

:doh: Thanks, you've prompted me to look closer and I see how to set them up now.

One strange thing though, I unbound the joystick button I was using as my 'left mouse' from the list, but it still works. I can now not assign it to anything else :unsure:

I think we need a sticky about how all the new VR tools work

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

regarding odd position/tracking in VR.

press NumPad5,

Look Left, and adjust camera angle with Numpad to make horizon centered/horizontal.

That should temporarily fix off angles/rotation when looking left/right as well as sloped position forward/backward movement.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

regarding odd position/tracking in VR.

press NumPad5,

Look Left, and adjust camera angle with Numpad to make horizon center.

That should temporarily fix off angles/rotation when looking left/right as well as sloped position forward/backward movement.

Is this accomplished by using the method I describe here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

If yes, how do we hold the views to the left and right when making the adjustments? If no, where do we change the camera angles?

Thank you!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Is this accomplished by using the method I describe here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

If yes, how do we hold the views to the left and right when making the adjustments? If no, where do we change the camera angles?

Thank you!

in VR:

Place Aircraft on the Ramp.

Look Forward, Press NumPAD5,

Look 90 Degrees Left or Right while keeping head straight up vertical, press Numpad8 or NumPad2 until horizon is as close to flat/horizontal as possible (ie NOT SLANTED).

Look Back Straight Forward

Press RALT+0 To Save.

Now View will have camera angle set.

So when looking left/Right Horizon will stay flat, when moving forward/aft you wont be on a slope.

Edited by SkateZilla

Is there any possibility to use a joystick button as a modifier? Now that kneeboard and mouse clicks with joystick buttons work, which is great, I don't have enough spare buttons for them all!

You seem to be able to setup any key as a modifier. Just go into the modifiers section in the setup screen where you configure your assignments (I think it's at the bottom left IIRC). I setup my pinky switch on my Warthog as a modifier, works perfectly.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. But has anyone tried the Oculus Zoom action added to "UI layer" input options yet? I just did on 1.54 beta and I feel its a game changer for VR straffing or bombing runs. If you haven't tried it yet in the beta goto controls then goto the pull down for the aircraft and choose UI Layer then assign it to a button on your throttle or joystick. I use a switch on my Throttle because otherwise you have to hold in the button to keep zoomed. I can't wait till this comes out for 2.0 alpha.

Would love to see a vid of it in use if anyone has time.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. But has anyone tried the Oculus Zoom action added to "UI layer" input options yet? I just did on 1.54 beta and I feel its a game changer for VR straffing or bombing runs. If you haven't tried it yet in the beta goto controls then goto the pull down for the aircraft and choose UI Layer then assign it to a button on your throttle or joystick. I use a switch on my Throttle because otherwise you have to hold in the button to keep zoomed. I can't wait till this comes out for 2.0 alpha.

I did,I think it will be OK after using it for a while but I think I would prefer it to go directly to the zoom rather than do the transition which my brain doesnt like a whole lot right off the bat :)

It is good looking out at the landscape and getting a closer look on an object.

I have, It's Magical:

(Video will be processing for a bit)

• Like 1